Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiffany Apartments

Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    There are homeless people living in here now. We see different windows and doors open all day long. The back door is propped open for any squatter to enter.
    You should report this to the City.

In fact, this building is a good candidate for the new abandoned building roster.

Um why would I do that? Its the highlight of my day watching the homeless people in action over there. They go for swims in the pool and have cookouts on the 7th floor.

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    Um why would I do that? Its the highlight of my day watching the homeless people in action over there. They go for swims in the pool and have cookouts on the 7th floor.
    Because it would cause the City to fine the owners and might spur them to actually do something with the property.

There is a homeless couple that is sleeping by the pool now. Last week we saw 5 people coming and going with various shady events. 2 guys had just did some drugs and came out by the pool... One was tweeking bad.... Then a lady came down with bags and a trashcan full of goodies. Then a couple with a bag of drugs was going in the next day.

This place is a draw for the homeless and drug users.

OH yeah there is now graffitti on the pool and on the wall going in from the pool

6. Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

I reported it on the OKC Gov app as an unsecure building. If any one wants to, you can go 'vote' for the ticket to get some more attention to it.

7. Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

Unbelievable that an owner would let such a valuable piece of property go to h**l this way. These are not bad times and if the project were done the way it was envisioned at the top of the thread, people would flood to live there. Great location, great access, great view.

Not sure how much the reports are helping.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	118.6 KB 
ID:	11069

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Unbelievable that an owner would let such a valuable piece of property go to h**l this way. These are not bad times and if the project were done the way it was envisioned at the top of the thread, people would flood to live there. Great location, great access, great view.
    Completely agree with this. It's absolutely unbelievable.

I wish the city would condemn it, seize it, and sell it off to a developer.

It's in Ed Shadid's ward. If he was tipped off, something would be done. He's good with that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    It's in Ed Shadid's ward. If he was tipped off, something would be done. He's good with that kind of thing.
    If he needs to be tipped off about a building that is featured prominently on one of the busiest streets in the city, that's pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    If he needs to be tipped off about a building that is featured prominently on one of the busiest streets in the city, that's pretty sad.
    I believe what they are talking about is activity around the swimming pool. I doubt if he stops by to see how the Tiffany pool is doing.

Anyone know how to see who owns an llc?

If you look at the assessor it shows it's owned by GF 5 properties LLC. The mailing address leads to Ferguson property group in Memphis. Their facebook page says they have offices in both Tulsa and Memphis. However, they could simply be the property management company and may or may not own any part of GF 5.

15. Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

It shows that it is an inactive LLC registered by Edward Lee from Edmond.

https://www.sos.ok.gov/corp/corpInquiryFind.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Anyone know how to see who owns an llc?

If you look at the assessor it shows it's owned by GF 5 properties LLC. The mailing address leads to Ferguson property group in Memphis. Their facebook page says they have offices in both Tulsa and Memphis. However, they could simply be the property management company and may or may not own any part of GF 5.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I believe what they are talking about is activity around the swimming pool. I doubt if he stops by to see how the Tiffany pool is doing.
    Fair enough, it is plenty warm for a swim.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    It shows that it is an inactive LLC registered by Edward Lee from Edmond.

https://www.sos.ok.gov/corp/corpInquiryFind.aspx
    It's inactive because "A domestic or foreign LLC or LP is over 60 days delinquent in filing its annual report." according to the sos site. Which is interesting because Edward Lee is an attorney and I would bet he knows how to file paperwork on time.

This place has turned into a magnet for transients. I have counted 12 different people going in and out of there in the last week and a half. Also 5 other people a few weeks ago. There is definitely meth being made or used in there based on the people drinking out of bags shaking in the parking lot last week. The police went by yesterday walked up the stairs and back down and didn't go in any of the rooms. As the police were going in two homeless walked out a different side door. There are at least four open doors on the ground floor that are open now that people are going in and out of. There are many windows open and doors open on upper floors. Birds are also coming and going from many broken windows and the open doors. The security guards in our building has seen people taking lights/fixtures and other objects out of the building.

Can't believe the owner is just letting this building rot. Unreal.

Something very weird is going on with the assessed valued and related property taxes.

When it was purchased by this group in 2008, the assessed value was $4.8 million. Now, it's at $1.7 million, which means they are only billed $21K a year in property taxes.

Makes it much easier for them just to sit on the property and do nothing, because it's not costing them anything to do so.

21. Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

That, Pete, is a major problem in OKC....abandoned buildings that become dilapidated. I'm having a brain fart right now, but a perfect example is the early century apartment building that had the fire this past week. It's been poised for redevelopment, but can't seem to get someone kicked into gear...and so it's easier for someone to just let it sit until someone comes by and does something that causes a fire.

I think a pipe broke last night or this morning because there is water flowing out the back door like a river.

Please take some pictures of the people living there, the general disrepair, etc.

Will make it easier to elevate this issue and get something done about it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	11079

Water flowing out of back door for at least 4 hours.

Blog Entries

I presume you're in Union Plaza? I was working out of there for a couple months. My corporate office is there.

Thread Information