Widgets Magazine

Thread: With the first pick in the 2009 NBA draft...

Default With the first pick in the 2009 NBA draft...

...the OKC Thunder select Ricky Rubio?

Default Re: With the first pick in the 2009 NBA draft...

Someone that can shoot!

blake griffin

Ricky Rubio all the way!!.. unless Blake plans on growing a few inches and moving to center..

Is he even old enough to play in the NBA? He was a pro in Spain at age 14 and is only 18 now and still in high school. I know the NBA has certain age requirements, etc.

Yeah, Rubio will be eligible for this upcoming draft... The top 3 prospects in this next draft are Ricky Rubio, Blake Griffin, and B.J. Mullens (Center from Ohio State) that isn't even including the freshmen most of the country hasn't even seen yet (i.e. almost every top 10 pick last year)

7. Default Re: With the first pick in the 2009 NBA draft...

Blake Griffin!

We should have the best chance to get the first pick with the way they're playing.

Blake is the best of the class by far but if we don't land him there is potential good news for us Thunder fans

2 very solid shooting guards out there...Be great to have Stephen Curry from Davidson patrolling the 3 pt line and the experts are also very high on Harden from AZ State

Take Blake if we can regardless of current needs but I would be just as happy seeing Curry draining shots at the Ford next year...Kid is crazy good

Only thing is he makes Durant look fat

10. Default Re: With the first pick in the 2009 NBA draft...

Ricky Rubio.

I say this because I strongly feel that watson will be gone after this year. So that leaves Westbrook and Weaver. We are overflowed with forwards.

We have the Spurs first round pick and thats where we draft a big. Thats what the hornets did with Hilton Armstrong and he is progressing nicely.

Yeah, definitely Rubio, he will help draw fans and sell merchandise outside our state, and country for that matter.

SouthsideSooner Guest

I'd love to see us get Blake. A future front line of Blake and Serge might be the most athletic in the NBA.

I still have hope that Westbrook will develop into a top tier NBA point guard.

13. Default Re: With the first pick in the 2009 NBA draft...

Look no futher than the Charlotte Bobcats on why we shouldn't draft Griffen. He's a great player but like I said, we are stocked full of forwards.

Charlotte seems like they draft a lot of kids out of the north carolina schools, especially UNC, in hopes to get fans excited and sell seats. But it hasn't happened and fans aren't showing up. If you saw how empty thier arena was the other night, you know what I am talking about.

stephen curry!!!!!!!!!

I'm telling you Ricky Rubio would be the logical choice for bringing some hype to the team, he'd draw some national and international fans and sell some merchandise outside of our local area.

Thread Information