Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Default Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

I emailed Dave & Busters and they said that they are putting a D&B in Tulsa then after that they are going to put one in OKC. I am so excited. They are looking at locations now. WOO HOO!

Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Can you please post the email from them?

3. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Tulsa first?! &$%@!#

Ain't that just a kick in the nuts.

Oh well. If it's any consolation, I bet we'll get a Dave & Busters before they get their own NBA team.

The Tulsa Location is scheduled to open in January. Hopefully OKC isnt far behind.

Dave and Busters continues to climb, 7th August 2008 // InterGame Magazine // InterGame Online

Here is the email response I got...so I hope this helps....and heck, why not email him some more and see if we can get them to speed it up a lil....lol (JUST KIDDING) lets not bug them too much.

Jeff Wood <Jeff_Wood@daveandbusters.com>

Thanks.

We are opening in Tulsa in early 2009 and looking in OKC.

----- Original Message -----
    Sent: 07/05/2008 06:43 PM AST
    To: Jeff Wood
    Subject: Oklahoma City New Location?

Hello
    I am sending you this email as a request for consideration for a Dave and
    Busters location to be built in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City is a MAJOR
    thriving market (and close to D&B World HDQ too) that could be very profitable.
    We have a area in OKC called Bricktown that has a canal that runs through it
    (kinda like the Riverwalk in San Antonio) and even on a slow evening, Bricktown
    is very busy. As you may have heard, Oklahoma City will have a NBA franchise
    this up coming 2008-2009 season permanently, and I could ONLY imagine how busy
    one of your locations would be before and after a game.

I am in my late 30's and I can tell you from knowing people in my age group, we
    are all desiring a great place like D&B to open in OKC. I honestly think that
    a location in Bricktown would be a perfect fit for both OKC and D&B.

PLEASE consider this and come up and check out OKC and Bricktown and give us a
    shot, I promise you wont be disappointed.

Thank you
    David

7. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

i miss having a D&B close by.

8. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

We are opening in Tulsa in early 2009 and looking in OKC.
    Does that sound promising to you? Are they looking for land or a vacant building? Or looking into the possibility of coming to OKC?

That does not sound promising at all to me. I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully a local entrepreneur will open up something more unique. Something that Tulsa and several other cities don't already have.

I don't understand why anybody would care if we have a Dave & Busters at all . Even if I was convinced we need a Dave and Busters, why would it matter if we got one before Tulsa? What do we win? Bragging rights? To what? I would rather be talking about both cities accomplishments and which local businesses are prospering. Some day I hope we are past needing national chains to move in to legitimize our existence. This is the Hard Rock Cafe thread recycled. Instead of a different thread for each national chain we want, lets just consolidate them into one thread. We can make a list of all the chains we need. As we get them, we can mark them off the list. We can entitle the thread "Countdown to Legitimacy."

mOKCie - it is just possible that some people want a D&B because they enjoy the entertainment it provides. Like with Hard Rock Cafe, I kind of like the motif despite the average food. However, I am not a big fan of D&B. It doesn't make people that like D&B wrong, it just makes them/me different. Maybe we need more local establishments like Chicago and NYC, then we can be “real” legitimate and not “fake” legitimate (whatever that means).

12. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by mOKCie View Post
    I don't understand why anybody would care if we have a Dave & Busters at all . Even if I was convinced we need a Dave and Busters, why would it matter if we got one before Tulsa? What do we win? Bragging rights? To what? I would rather be talking about both cities accomplishments and which local businesses are prospering. Some day I hope we are past needing national chains to move in to legitimize our existence. This is the Hard Rock Cafe thread recycled. Instead of a different thread for each national chain we want, lets just consolidate them into one thread. We can make a list of all the chains we need. As we get them, we can mark them off the list. We can entitle the thread "Countdown to Legitimacy."
    whatevs... i just want that entertainment option. has nothing to do with feeling like a legitimate city. okc kicks ass...

Would this be an impossible concept for some individual who is not D&B to undertake? I really don't see this mixing well with Bricktown as Bricktown doesn't want to attract a lot of high school kids. I think one of these would do very well in Edmond or Moore.

high school kids? Not unless those high school kids are 21. I take it you have never been to a Dave and Busters. I know you don't have to be 21 to go to D&B but a bunch of high scool kids will be bored out of their minds in 5 minutes. Well, bored or broke. That place isn't cheap. I know the one in Jacksonville doesn't allow anyone under 21 after a certain time of day.

I've been to a few around the country. Def each one had its own crowds. There were quite a few high school kids at Dallas last time I was there around 7 or 8 pm.

Does the one in Dallas have liquor? We used to go to the one in Austin and never saw kids there.

The Dallas Metroplex stores ALL sell liquor... Have happy hour and drink specials all the time. I can't wait to get one here.

18. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by edcrunk View Post
    whatevs... i just want that entertainment option. has nothing to do with feeling like a legitimate city. okc kicks ass...
    Exactly.

19. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Not being familiar with the chain, I just googled a little to see what you guys were talking about. Not being a gamer it probably wouldn't be my own cup of tea but for those inclined it might well be ... is it designed for the 18-29 + or - a few years?

Quick reference: Dave & Buster's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Still strikes me like Chucky Cheese and Chili's had a baby
    But hey, if folks want it, bring it on. Might free up a table earlier at some place I'd rather be.

21. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by bretthexum View Post
    I've been to a few around the country. Def each one had its own crowds. There were quite a few high school kids at Dallas last time I was there around 7 or 8 pm.
    Yup...The one in Denver, I rarely saw anybody that looked under 25, most were over 30. The Denver Broncos partied there all the time. They'd rent out rooms at least once a month.

They also had a beer selection to rival Tapwerks, only most of it was bottled instead of tap...Which I prefer anyway, as beer goes stanky pretty fast when nobody drinks any out of that particular keg for a week or so.

If a D&B went in here, they'd get my money for sure.

I'm in favor of anything (well, almost anything!) that brings people to downtown, that makes downtown people's favorite leisure time location. I'm not sure I'd go to Dave and Busters much, but if other people would enjoy it, I'm all for it. We've got quite a few buildings in Bricktown that would serve very nicely. Just don't put it in Edmond!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Still strikes me like Chucky Cheese and Chili's had a baby
    But hey, if folks want it, bring it on. Might free up a table earlier at some place I'd rather be.
    lol My description of Dave and Busters is, its a Chucky Cheese for grown ups.

Their food is better than a lot of places I've tried here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    high school kids? Not unless those high school kids are 21. I take it you have never been to a Dave and Busters. I know you don't have to be 21 to go to D&B but a bunch of high scool kids will be bored out of their minds in 5 minutes. Well, bored or broke. That place isn't cheap. I know the one in Jacksonville doesn't allow anyone under 21 after a certain time of day.
    The last time I was there was with a friend of mine who lives in some suburb of Dallas whose name escapes me at the moment (the town, not the friend). I recall there being kiddos around, but this was a few years ago and I could be mistaken.

25. Default Re: Dave & Busters in OKC sometime in 2009

In the past few months I have been to the one in Houston and in Dallas and I was underwhelmed both times. The food was ok. Prices were high. But the one thing that really got to me was that there was more kids than adults at both places. I understand that if you are under 21 you have a to have a legal guardian with you, but after 9 or 10 those kids should have to leave. It was ridiculous.

Thread Information