Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for diners, drive-ins, and dives for tv show

Default Re: Looking for diners, drive-ins, and dives for tv show

Quote Originally Posted by fire121 View Post
    That is the exact type of menu item I was trying to think of. It seems they like the over the top type items that are unique to each individual place.
    Good pick.
    I was thinking maybe the cheddar burger at Earls but it doesn't meet the requirements.
    Actually had me a cheddar burger last night at the Moore Earl's....not my fave, just gotta say. The one on Reno is much better...food AND service. But I think, from now on, I'm going to stick to my favorite burger joint, Dan's Ole Time Diner.

Nic's really seems to fit the bill the best. Tiny, ridiculously crowded, but you'd never notice it unless you knew it was there. JT's BBQ in Del City, I think, would work, too. It has the same quality. Though, I think the biggest dive/surprise is Queen of Sheeba, which you'd really never go into unless someone told you to. Its also kind of a cool story about African food in Oklahoma. But its always empty, and I don't think that's probably what they're looking for.

fat sandwich company would be good if they consider Norman part of OKC

4. Default Re: Looking for diners, drive-ins, and dives for tv show

What about the Grateful Bean? Not a dive, but certainly a diner.

> biggest dive/surprise is Queen of Sheeba, which you'd really never go
    > into unless someone told you to.

New one to me. What makes it such a surprise? Pump your candidate mate, please.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    > biggest dive/surprise is Queen of Sheeba, which you'd really never go
    > into unless someone told you to.

New one to me. What makes it such a surprise? Pump your candidate mate, please.
    It's an Ethiopian Restaurant in a rough shopping plaza on 23rd and MacArthur. Really rough looking on the outside. Quite nice on the inside. I really like the food, too!

Queen of Sheba: Ethiopian food in Oklahoma City | Oklahoma City Restaurants

what about someplace like Irma's Burger Shack.

8. Default Re: Looking for diners, drive-ins, and dives for tv show

He said one location only places.

Quote Originally Posted by lpecan View Post
    It's an Ethiopian Restaurant in a rough shopping plaza on 23rd and MacArthur. Really rough looking on the outside. Quite nice on the inside. I really like the food, too!

Queen of Sheba: Ethiopian food in Oklahoma City | Oklahoma City Restaurants
    There's also a food review thread of the place here in the Food Court. I'll dig up the thread later.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    fat sandwich company would be good if they consider Norman part of OKC
    Fat Sandwich is a two-location chain, so I'm not sure if it would count Fat Sandwich Company . Plus the cuisine is really an original of my alma matter, Rutgers, so it would be sort of a sore point if they highlighted it here.

I'm all for Classen Grill, great food, fits the motif and definitely some good film footage. I would also suggest Saturn Grill, not really a diner, drive-in, or dive, but its pretty consistent with the "local favorite, fresh made" theme the show has been going with. Food is just wonderful.

I think Saturn Grill would be a great one!! The food is delicious & it's always busy when I'm there.

I'll second Queen of Sheba. A real hidden gem.
    Another place to try if your feeling adventurous is Tienda Guatemala. Good stuff.

What about ND foods - great little sandwich shop but I havn't been to it since they moved from 50th & Western to Britton. Nick remembers everyone's name whose ever been there, I think. A mom & her son run the place.

Another good sandwich place is gourmet deli on N. Western. I also like Rons and the Lunchbox. The runway cafe is the one I really think would work, and the one I want to try.

14. Default Re: Looking for diners, drive-ins, and dives for tv show

Runway Cafe has unique going for it for sure, even if it's not the hotspot that Nic's or Irma's is.

Eischen's would sure make some good TV, and the place has a lot of history. True, it isn't in OKC, but it isn't too far away.

Also, isn't Ron's based in Tulsa? I don't really think of Ron's as an OKC place, even though we do have locations here.

I've only lived here for a few months, but Someplace else on Western and nw23rd is a neat little place. Also, Jimmies Roundup Cafe on sw59th and blackwelder has a ton of history and a great place to people watch on saturday morning!

18. Default Re: Looking for diners, drive-ins, and dives for tv show

Skyline Restaurant

Saturn Grill!

20. Default Re: Looking for diners, drive-ins, and dives for tv show

I had a dream there was a diner across from Penn Square that specialized in various kinds of pastrami sandwiches, and even pastrami pizzas. I was in there late at night and it was packed and they were whipping those sandwiches out like one every thirty seconds. Just a dream though. Don't know where it came from... LOL

How about Chicas Mexican place in Nichols Hills, or even Saturn Grill - ????

Would anyone consider those places as candidates - ?

Chicas (gross) or Saturn Grill (excellent) aren't really diners, drive in or a dive.

Hands down is Bobo's Chicken on friday and saturday nights at NE 23rd and Hood. They open their wagon from 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM. Did I mention the chicken is sooooooooooooo good.

Ozzy's Cafe at the OU Max Westheimer Airfield is great. They have an all-you-can eat breakfast that is pretty good...worth a look. Reminds me of a lot of places I've seen on that show

25. Default Re: Looking for diners, drive-ins, and dives for tv show

Gotta go with Nic's. The place is unreal.

Thread Information