Widgets Magazine

Thread: Anyone eaten at In the Raw?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anyone eaten at In the Raw?

I have not but walked by there Saturday and they were open for business.

Default Re: Anyone eaten at In the Raw?

No, but I can vouch for their sake. Good.

I've had several friends eat there and have been extremely pleased with it. Should be a great addition to Campus Corner; hopefully the non-Asp location won't hurt business. It is very cool inside.

I didn't like it. The sushi names are misleading. I had deep fried goodness, and it wasn't deep fried. It had some fried shavings in it. The atmosphere was nice, but the waitress was very rude and told us to shut up. She said they were having complaints at the bar because we were being too loud.

My suggestion is keep walking. If you want a local favorite go to Victorias. I tried that place last week and it was incredible, and the waitress, I think her name was Megan was really good!

Are there any good sushi places in Norman?

I don't venture down to the corner much anymore, but for many years my fav place was the bar side of Othello's. Quiet, friendly, rarely visited by the younger college crowd, and right decent food brought over from the other side when the mood would strike you.

I suppose I need to get back through and see if this is still the case, if only for old times sake.

5. Default Re: Anyone eaten at In the Raw?

I waiting for "In the Nude" to open...

Did you see the commercial for Kang Asian Bistro. There is one in Edmond and Nichols Hills. They have the nude sushi. And it was in the commercial. I was surprised it was in the commercial in OKLAHOMA!

I can say that In the Raw was delicious, and lots of fun. While I can't speak for lasomeday, I can say that while I was there my waitress did ask some people to be quiet because they were in fact being quite loud. I wasn't near the bar though. Sometimes it IS for the best to keep it down so that other people can enjoy their conversations

lasomeday, the only other sushi place in Norman that I know of is Gaijin, which is on the west side. The atmosphere isn't all that great but the food is decent.

My boyfriend ate there recently and enjoyed it.
    Here's the website: In the Raw - Tulsa's Best Sushi

10. Default Re: Anyone eaten at In the Raw?

Went for the second time the other night. Loved it again. We do the sushimi (sp) and the 9 variety was really good and priced very reasonable. Pleace was packed with all types.

I've eaten there multiple times and really love it! I'm a sushi lover though. I sat at the bar and one of the sushi chefs (or whatever they're called) just made me something that wasn't on the menu. The "dunwell" roll is really great. The spicy sauce isn't very spicy (compared to Neko) so you get more of the flavor of say a spicy Yellowtail roll. I thought it was great and a great addition to Campus Corner!

I loved it..... Had a tuna roll for an appetizer. Then I ordered the 8 oz. filet on recommendation and it was probably the best steak I have had since I had a Prime steak..... and at $27 was about half the price. It came with wasabi spiced mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus. Very, very good.

While we were sitting at the bar after dinner, the manager brought over some free sushi for several people to try. It was the Chef's Choice by a chef named Jeff. It was awesome. It had cream cheese, jalapenos, crab, and lobster..... it was so good I ordered one after the free one.

Overall, the experience was fantastic. Food was superb and the atmosphere was great. I will be visiting many more times.

Thread Information