Widgets Magazine

Thread: Authentic Fish & Chips

Default Authentic Fish & Chips

Hey, do ya'll know of a place in the OKC Metro for authentic Fish & Chips. I just saw a spot on Food Network TV and have a craving for some.

Thanks,

Dan

Default Re: Authentic Fish & Chips

I know McNellie's offers fish and chips, but I don't know how authentic they are.

McNellie's is probably the closest to authentic. I heard Baker St. Pub is pretty good too.

Baker St has a good version. I'd assume Sean Cummings has a good version, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    McNellie's is probably the closest to authentic. I heard Baker St. Pub is pretty good too.
    I've eaten fish and chips at McNellie's and they're not authentic in my opinion. They changed the recipe since the first opened and I don't think they're as good as before. My son tells me that Baker St Pub fish and chips are authentic and quite good too. Haven't eaten there myself though. While I'm not a fan of the Cheesecake Factory, they do have pretty good fish and chips. I don't know that you would call it authentic, but they're about the best fish and chips I've eaten in OKC.

Authentic fish and chips are battered, not breaded, there is a difference. We do a pretty good job of them at Cheevers. I knew of a Fish & Chips place in Fort Worth that used Aunt Jemima pancake batter for their product...outstanding!!!

McNellie's fish and chips compare quite favorably to the fish and chips I once had at a little restaurant in Gibraltar -- the closest I've ever been to the UK.

8. Default Re: Authentic Fish & Chips

Dan McGuinness in Moore. I don't even care much for fish, but I'll clean my fish&chips plate there.

thanks tuck, I was also going to mention the Fish N Chips at Cheevers, even though I haven't tried them yet, I have heard good things about them. Hopefully I'll make it over there soon to try them. That is, after I make it over to Iron Starr again for some tasty BBQ.

Had some pretty good ones at BJ's on Memorial the other day...well, good for a chain...

I had the fish & chips at BJ's earlier this year and I thought they were nasty.

The fish & chips I had at McNellie's were delicious.

Now, which one was more "authentic," I don't know, and I don't particularly care. I just know that I liked the McNellies version a hell of a lot more.

12. Default Re: Authentic Fish & Chips

Sean Cummings Irish Pub.

13. Default Re: Authentic Fish & Chips

I'm not a fan of what I had at Dan McGuiness.

14. Default Re: Authentic Fish & Chips

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I'm not a fan of what I had at Dan McGuiness.
    Oh...Well...I normally can't stand fish...So it may be fake stuff there, which is why I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Stark View Post
    Sean Cummings Irish Pub.
    I definitely second that. If you haven't tried Sean Cummings, do it! It's on North May north of Britton!

Thread Information