Widgets Magazine

Thread: And the award for the biggest DUH moment of 2008 goes to...

Default And the award for the biggest DUH moment of 2008 goes to...

Clay Aiken. Really? He's gay? I'm so shocked.

He will appear on the cover of People magazine next month. He said his child made him realize he could no longer hide it. I hope he hides other things better than that one! That was like playing guess where the moon is.

Default Re: And the award for the biggest DUH moment of 2008 goes to...

HAHAHA!

Yes, I cracked up at this one, too. Can't imagine what took l'il Gayken so long to finally come out.

I was so bemused (sadly), I went off late last night in search of some of the Clayniac discussion boards to read their reactions. Some were genuinely surprised and feel completely deceived. I guess they just weren't paying attention.

LOL!

Not only that but here we are in the midst of a finacial meltdown, and this is making the news today, along with LiLo & her DJ woman..........

4. Default Re: And the award for the biggest DUH moment of 2008 goes to...

Uh...not to sound insensitive, but who cares? :P

His child made him realize?

uh.....

6. Default Re: And the award for the biggest DUH moment of 2008 goes to...

I DO NOT understand why gay people are afraid to admit they're gay. It has nothing to do with anything, unless you're trying to sleep with them.

It does not change Clay's incredible voice one bit; he's still one of the best male singers to come along in years. It hasn't changed my opinion of him one bit, because I just look at him as a fantastic singer with soaring, clear high-notes that knock me out.

I would think lately it would almost be fashionable to be gay, as much great publicity (and adoration) as all the gay decorators and fashionistas get on their TV shows and on shows like American's Next Top Model.

I'm happy for Clay though. Maybe now he can relax and just have a great life and sing his tail off!

Just go look at some of the anti-homosexual spew that has been splattered even on these boards, and you'll easily find out why many gay men and women do not wish that their "real selves" be known publically.

In Hollywood, it is even worse, really. Even though they are more broadly accepted among other singers, dancers, actors, etc., the "image" they are selling must be kept in tact.

It's hard to be a heartthrob and remain the fantasy of millions of squealing pre-teen girls (or in Clay's case, squealing adolescents, plus middle-aged fans) when they realize you are permanently not available to them.

8. Default Re: And the award for the biggest DUH moment of 2008 goes to...

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    Just go look at some of the anti-homosexual spew that has been splattered even on these boards, and you'll easily find out why many gay men and women do not wish that their "real selves" be known publically.

In Hollywood, it is even worse, really. Even though they are more broadly accepted among other singers, dancers, actors, etc., the "image" they are selling must be kept in tact.

It's hard to be a heartthrob and remain the fantasy of millions of squealing pre-teen girls (or in Clay's case, squealing adolescents, plus middle-aged fans) when they realize you are permanently not available to them.
    Yes, "Fritter", you make good points, but it still saddens me. I do realize that when you're a celebrity you are trying to keep that "image" intact.

And I have never understood why anyone would hate someone simply because they were gay. Anyway, I have friends that were gay that tried so hard to keep it a secret, and when they finally "came out" at work, everyone embraced them with open arms, told them it was no big deal, and you have to wonder how much worry and energy the gay person expended all that time, trying to keep a secret that didn't need keeping.

I guess if Clay's record sales plummet, we'll know that being gay is a secret that still must be kept. Time will tell I suppose.

9. Default Re: And the award for the biggest DUH moment of 2008 goes to...

The next 'big' announcement will be Lindsay Lohan..

I could care less about her or Clay's sexual orientation.. doesn't affect me in any way shape or form.

I'm still curious as to why Clay Aiken had to 'come out' in a magazine.. it's not like he owes it anyone.

It really shouldn't be anyone's business.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Thread Information