Widgets Magazine

Thread: Hot Dog Park

Default Hot Dog Park

Well somebody heard me talkin! The jeep on the pole place on N Classen and about 32nd is now Hot Dog Park.

Really a lovely little shop. Glass mosaic tables inside, copper counter, stained cement flooring, nice lighting throughout, very ornamental. Nathans wieners on poppy seed buns. Whatever free toppings you want. Chicago dogs, NY dogs, even something I want to try called a Cuban-Mexican hot dog. We ate outside in back near the apple trees.

On our way out the back way, we walked under and tried some of the grapes from the beautiful possum-grape vine. We walked a bit of the laberynth and hubby picked me a rose. A nice night and a nice little diversion.

2. Default Re: Hot Dog Park

Do they have Brats?

Default Re: Hot Dog Park

.oO(hours? I'm due for something simple and new. This has promise)Oo.

Hot Dog Park - "Hot dogs with a conscious" 602-3354 .. serving self-esteem & dignity.. Wish I'd had my camera phone. Someone?

Mon - Sat 11am to 8 pm, available for parties

Says only Nathans or Turkey dogs - I agree they need brats. Also, weiners were steamed I think. Wish they could produce grilled.. and I would be in heaven.

Also picnic sorts of sides, baked potatoes, smoothies like Mango Mania and Green Tea, normal beverages, coffee, Grateful bean ice-cream and hot apple pie. Nice.

do they have outdoor / patio seating?

we like to take our dog with us for lunch on weekends,
    only a few patios in town are dog-friendly (so far)

No offense but I would hope that no restaurant is dog friendly. Patio or not I don't want to eat my meal with your dog.

tburn I would give them a call - I listed their number above. You can go in the back way and enter through the patio. If they would allow it I could see you leaving your dog outside with whoever, ordering your food inside and taking it back out. As long as your dog is well-behaved I wouldn't mind him being there with you if it was up to me.. It really is like a park outside.

I think I drove by there yesterday. Out front, there was some poor guy in a big hot dog suit waving to the passing traffic. I started to go around the block just so I could come back by and yell, "Ya big weenie!" But...he seemed like he was already suffering enough. lol

This is a good spot. I had the Chicago Dog and added saurkraut. They forgot the saurkraut, but I'll give em a pass this time.
    Very clean, very reasonable prices, and the nice weather made for good patio dining.
    My only complaint is about the menu.
    They have the basic dog, and then the chili-cheese.
    Then there's the NY, the Cuban-Mexican, the Nacho, and Chicago.
    They have 15 charged toppings (at 50 cents) and 9 free toppings.
    With that many, they should get creative and make up some combinations and name em.
    Like Chicago's on 23rd and Meridian years back had the Junk Yard Dog and other silly names.

Thread Information