Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DHS steals,abuses & kills children

Default Re: DHS steals,abuses & kills children

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Okie View Post
    Check out the records. This isn't her first rodeo.
    This is just your way of trying to slam me again and I will give you the facts of the other one from 17 years ago. The woman came to my house in front of my neighbors and threatened me and then went the next day and filed a VPO on me just to be mean. But the truth did come out and she has since gone to prison for manufacturing meth. So again you need to check your facts run a inquiry on the woman that is on the other side of the one from 17 years ago.

2. Default Re: DHS steals,abuses & kills children

Dana,

If the Caseworker and/or any other employee of DHS read your many posts on the web, could they have intrepeted/perceived any of those as threats? I take it you have not seen the actual "complaint" yet?

Dennis
    Oklahoma City

Dana, you really, really need to get a lawyer.

Ask him or her what they think about your internet activities.

That's about all I have to say about that.

4. Default Re: DHS steals,abuses & kills children

Midtowner,

It is very easy to suggest to a person that they "get a lawyer."

But, what if that person just cannot afford a lawyer, what then?

Quote Originally Posted by jacodenn View Post
    Dana,

If the Caseworker and/or any other employee of DHS read your many posts on the web, could they have intrepeted/perceived any of those as threats? I take it you have not seen the actual "complaint" yet?

Dennis
    Oklahoma City
    I was just trying to warn them about this woman who threatened to destroy me in my own home. We all know there are crazy people out there and I was just trying to let them know to look at this. I always have been known as a person who helps people. If someone was about to walk into danger and I knew it I would warn them don't do that you might get hurt. Just like you would warn a child not to touch the fire on the stove that doesn't mean you are going to burn the child. If you have a low tire on your car and I see you in traffic I am the person who honks to let you know so you don't wreck your car and get hurt that doesn't mean I am going to make your tire go flat. I don't hurt people it is not in my nature but we do have some people in this town that do hurt people we all know this it is on the news all the time. I just didn't want to see anybody get hurt but of course they are going to twist the facts so they get what they want I know that now. I never said I was going to hurt anybody even with all that she has done to me 2 wrongs don't make a right. That is something that my granny told me that I have carried through my whole life and will continue to do so. There is nothing she or anybody else can do to me that will cause me to answer with violence it just won't happen, but I can only answer for me I can not speak for others who may not have the same morals as me. Like I said that man in Edmond should not have done what he did to those poor people at the post office. Now their poor familys have been made to suffer because he couldn't control himself. That is all I mean't and they know it they just want to make me look bad but God knows the truth and someday so will everybody else.

6. Default Re: DHS steals,abuses & kills children

Dana,

Have you ever gotten back to Britten Follett, Fox 25, so she could do a follow-up on your story (if that is something you want to do).

7. Default Re: DHS steals,abuses & kills children

I'm going to delete my previous post because I believe it is not a good idea.. I hope Dana that you can go back and delete, edit or ask the Web admins or moderators to delete anything that might not be in your best interests.

All anyone has to do is Google .... it's everywhere.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    I'm going to delete my previous post because I believe it is not a good idea.. I hope Dana that you can go back and delete, edit or ask the Web admins or moderators to delete anything that might not be in your best interests.

All anyone has to do is Google .... it's everywhere.
    I just thought I would let all of you know that the charges against me have nothing to do with anything that I have posted on the net. She told the judge that I called her and told her I was at her office (which I have to this day never been to) and told her I was going to beat her up. Then she got the foster mother to lie and say that I threatened other stuff that is not true. I would tell you but East Coast Okie has a habit of takeing my words and twisting them and then reposting them. She has done it to me before so I am sure she would do it again. Anyway it doesn't matter anymore I will be gone soon and you won't have to worry about me anymore and they can continue with their corruption and their lies and all the other crooked things they do.
    Goodbye to all that were nice to me the rest will have to deal with their own conscience.

9. Default Re: DHS steals,abuses & kills children

Dana,

It would probably be in your best interest not to post any more comments about this case on here. Reason being, the "other side" is probably reading and copying everything you write on here.

You know how to get in touch with "us" if you need to.

Dennis
    Oklahoma City

10. Default Re: DHS steals,abuses & kills children

Dana,

I have shared this with you before and I am going to repeat it...Don't give up before the miracle happens! You are in this valley for a reason. This is something that you and God are going to have to work out.

No matter what others may say to you or about you; no matter what others may try to do to you; know this...you are not alone.

I know you are hurt and I know you are very angry. Please talk to someone. Call a Church and speak with a Minister or a Counselor. Just talk to someone, please.

All of this that you are going through right now might very well be a brand new beginning for you.

Don't give up!

Dennis
    Oklahoma City

11. Default Re: DHS steals,abuses & kills children

Dana,

If you are reading this, please contact one of us and let us know you are okay and/or what we can do to help you.

Dennis

State Rep. Morrissette who ran the hearings,(closed to the public)regarding problems at DHS including possible criminal acts that have led to the abuse and deaths of children as well as the destruction of many innocent families has put forth legislation to have all children screened for "body mass index" at schools. Parents of children deemed over or under weight would be notified and instructed to take the child to a Dr.,those who do not "cooperate" can then be reported to DHS. Homeschooled children would also be included.
    So this is how we address the failings of DHS, by giving them more power over families and children.
    Contact info for the rep. is below if anyone wishes to contact his office to give comments on this legislation.

jacklyn.brink-rosen@okhouse.gov

Don't worry.. bat**** crazy bills get submitted every year.

This one, like those, will never see the light of day.

I hope it is buried deep. This is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by W. Moore View Post
    State Rep. Morrissette who ran the hearings,(closed to the public)regarding problems at DHS including possible criminal acts that have led to the abuse and deaths of children as well as the destruction of many innocent families has put forth legislation to have all children screened for "body mass index" at schools. Parents of children deemed over or under weight would be notified and instructed to take the child to a Dr.,those who do not "cooperate" can then be reported to DHS. Homeschooled children would also be included.
    So this is how we address the failings of DHS, by giving them more power over families and children.
    Contact info for the rep. is below if anyone wishes to contact his office to give comments on this legislation.

jacklyn.brink-rosen@okhouse.gov
    Why does this not surprise me he professes to help us and then wants to introduce another bill that only helps DHS futher.

Last week one woman I know who has faught valiently to regain and keep her children (they have been back together as a family now for about 6 months) had DHS & police cars show up at her house last week to pick up the kids. They searched the place for her x, who is not supposed to be there, and didn't find him but said they had "proof" that he had been there. They prepared to take the children, with one of the teens screeming she wouldn't go and against all protests. Finally she got it out of them that a CASA worker had been at the end of the street and saw the x on the porch. My friend said, "would he happened to look like this guy?" going to one of her daughters friends, who had been on the porch most of the morning. Yep. The CASA worker thought the friend was her x. Everyone packed up and left the family intact. The CASA worker subsequently resigned, saying she had become too involved.

If she had not gotten to the core of the matter that day, they would have been in it for God only knows how much longer - or she could have lost them forever. Anytime after 18 months the court can decide its too long and go for termination.

I can't believe this happens in this country. I know many intelligent persons on this forum are saying "don't post." And I don't want specific persons to get themselves in any trouble by doing so, or endangering their case. But I do beleive the truth of such matters should be told. We do all have to deal with what we believe about it. But I sincerely hope the discussion continues.

Quote Originally Posted by angel27 View Post
    Last week one woman I know who has faught valiently to regain and keep her children (they have been back together as a family now for about 6 months) had DHS & police cars show up at her house last week to pick up the kids. They searched the place for her x, who is not supposed to be there, and didn't find him but said they had "proof" that he had been there. They prepared to take the children, with one of the teens screeming she wouldn't go and against all protests. Finally she got it out of them that a CASA worker had been at the end of the street and saw the x on the porch. My friend said, "would he happened to look like this guy?" going to one of her daughters friends, who had been on the porch most of the morning. Yep. The CASA worker thought the friend was her x. Everyone packed up and left the family intact. The CASA worker subsequently resigned, saying she had become too involved.

If she had not gotten to the core of the matter that day, they would have been in it for God only knows how much longer - or she could have lost them forever. Anytime after 18 months the court can decide its too long and go for termination.

I can't believe this happens in this country. I know many intelligent persons on this forum are saying "don't post." And I don't want specific persons to get themselves in any trouble by doing so, or endangering their case. But I do beleive the truth of such matters should be told. We do all have to deal with what we believe about it. But I sincerely hope the discussion continues.
    I am so sorry to here about your friends situation I wish I could say I am surprised but I am not. I am glad they got it fixed quickly though.

I have more good news from my DHS dealings. I thought it only fair to post good news since I have been willing to complain about misdealings.

One mother I have been working with for some time ran into a finanacial crisis and her electric was cut. She and her child stayed away from her apartment with family or friends but she let a male friend stay there who trashed it and smoked with a bong. At a visit to her apartment she had to call the police and he took a look at the place and called DHS to take her child because the place was a pit with electricity off and drugs on the premises.

Mom did something I am so proud of. She didn't stipulate. They included in her petition about the drugs and she refused to admit to something that she didn't do. At a family conference yesterday DHS mentioned that they did a DA assessment on mom and she passed with colors, and they are going to strike that part of the petition. This is the first time I've seen a mom successfully handle that part of the process. Forgive my ignorance but I've just had to learn this stuff as I go. But I really saw DHS work with her and invite her into the process of her service plan. It was a very positive meeting.
    Her bench trial with the Judge will occur in January since she didn't stipulate and she is willing to do whatever it takes to regain her child.

Another mom had her fifth infant and they promptly swooped in and took her. DHS had terminated on her previous 4 children. DHS had rights to be concerned because this mom is an addict with a lot of issues. But for the past year, she has been clean. She has gotten a job, maintained it, gotten a car, is repaying her debt, and will soon have her own place. They refused to give her a service plan on this infant and all concerned processed the case to go for a jury trial termination on December 1st.

On another case, after the last baby was taken after other children were terminated, I saw that DHS didn't do anything to help the mother know they would take the coming infant based on the fact her deficiencies were not made right, even tho workers indicated otherwise. So I told the above mom before the jury trial to go to work and complete her service plan.

She entered treatment voluntarily, she complied with all requests, has had multiple clean drug tests, attends AA daily and works her steps and is helpful and a good influence on others. The day she showed for jury trial, DHS caseworkers, the DA and those concerned all allowed her one more chance based on her performance. We are ecstatic, because she is truly a good person who deserves a good life, and is really on track.

I just wanted to share these good experiences with our processes.

Thanks, Angel. I see stuff like this all the time but no one talks about it. The only people who have much to say are usually aggrieved and the department can't speak up in their own defense. It was good of you to tell the other side in the interest of fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by angel27 View Post
    I have more good news from my DHS dealings. I thought it only fair to post good news since I have been willing to complain about misdealings.

One mother I have been working with for some time ran into a finanacial crisis and her electric was cut. She and her child stayed away from her apartment with family or friends but she let a male friend stay there who trashed it and smoked with a bong. At a visit to her apartment she had to call the police and he took a look at the place and called DHS to take her child because the place was a pit with electricity off and drugs on the premises.

Mom did something I am so proud of. She didn't stipulate. They included in her petition about the drugs and she refused to admit to something that she didn't do. At a family conference yesterday DHS mentioned that they did a DA assessment on mom and she passed with colors, and they are going to strike that part of the petition. This is the first time I've seen a mom successfully handle that part of the process. Forgive my ignorance but I've just had to learn this stuff as I go. But I really saw DHS work with her and invite her into the process of her service plan. It was a very positive meeting.
    Her bench trial with the Judge will occur in January since she didn't stipulate and she is willing to do whatever it takes to regain her child.

Another mom had her fifth infant and they promptly swooped in and took her. DHS had terminated on her previous 4 children. DHS had rights to be concerned because this mom is an addict with a lot of issues. But for the past year, she has been clean. She has gotten a job, maintained it, gotten a car, is repaying her debt, and will soon have her own place. They refused to give her a service plan on this infant and all concerned processed the case to go for a jury trial termination on December 1st.

On another case, after the last baby was taken after other children were terminated, I saw that DHS didn't do anything to help the mother know they would take the coming infant based on the fact her deficiencies were not made right, even tho workers indicated otherwise. So I told the above mom before the jury trial to go to work and complete her service plan.

She entered treatment voluntarily, she complied with all requests, has had multiple clean drug tests, attends AA daily and works her steps and is helpful and a good influence on others. The day she showed for jury trial, DHS caseworkers, the DA and those concerned all allowed her one more chance based on her performance. We are ecstatic, because she is truly a good person who deserves a good life, and is really on track.

I just wanted to share these good experiences with our processes.
    Well it is nice to here about the good ones that are out there unfortunately I am not dealing with one of those. With the bad ones that are out there we need to be reminded about the good ones so we don't become jaded and think they are all bad.

Thanks ECO. I know there are always two sides, and am glad to report on a positive side. I'm sure with all of them if you are involved in the system you need to be wary and meet your service plan to a tee. I've seen some syrupy sweet workers turn in some devastating reports or opinions. Tho these cases are looking positive, you can be sure we are not taking anything for granted or letting our guards down. Whenever possible, we jump start the service plan and then if we have to do it twice, so be it. Leave nothing to chance if you can help it. Good luck to you Dana.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    You haven't proven corruption, just that federal funds are awarded to state agencies which disburse federal aid. You have also shown that in 2004, because DHS was efficient at doing their jobs, they had a surplus of money which was spent by giving all full time employees a $1,000 bonus.

Other than that, your allegations of "corruption" seem based upon your bad experience with the system and that you experienced a poor result. No system will ever be perfect and DHS is probably one of the most chronically underfunded systems which our state has to manage.

You shouldn't be seeking legal advice on a message board, you should be seeking the advice of an attorney who handles juvenile matters. If you can't afford an attorney, you should be able to get one through Legal Aid.
    MALICIOUS PROSECUTION IS LEGAL IN THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA ACCORDING TO THE BAR ASSOCIATION. I JUST GOT A LETTER FROM THE BAR ASSOCIATION CONFIRMING IT. YET WE WONDER WHY OUR LEGAL SYSTEM IS SO CORRUPT. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh my. This is right up my alley when it comes to conversation but this is a little too intimidating to post in the first time!
    I am a sociology student and I will graduate in May. I worked for DHS as a case aide almost three years ago. I presently am interning at Boys Ranch Town in Edmond. But let me just say, with or without DHS there is going to be abuse, neglect, and mistreatment of children that may even result in death. The DHS case workers are not to blame for any court decisions regarding custody. I didn't read every post up until now but I will say that the judge responsible for returning Kelsey Briggs DID step down after her death. Nobody is perfect.
    I'm not defending DHS as a whole because having worked there I know that things happen and children's lives and safety get overlooked. But who is to blame for that? Under-trained, underpaid, and overworked case workers? I don't think so.

24. Default Re: DHS steals,abuses & kills children

Just noticed the thread was super old.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    MALICIOUS PROSECUTION IS LEGAL IN THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA ACCORDING TO THE BAR ASSOCIATION. I JUST GOT A LETTER FROM THE BAR ASSOCIATION CONFIRMING IT. YET WE WONDER WHY OUR LEGAL SYSTEM IS SO CORRUPT. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    What does one thing have to do with the other?

This is the first I've heard of malicious prosecution from you.

Malicious prosecution is a tort. It arises when the plaintiff can prove: (1) the defendant's institution of the former action; (2) its termination in the plaintiff's favor; (3) the defendant's want of probable cause for pressing the former suit against the plaintiff; (4) the presence of malice in the defendant's conduct; and (5) damages.

It can't be used against a state agency or employee (as a state actor, but it can be used against one personally) because if a defendant acts intentionally and with malice, it is going to be outside of the scope of their employment, and therefore the state agency won't be able to be held liable. At any rate, it is not "legal," and if you're going to quote the Bar Association, at least be accurate.

Malicious prosecution wouldn't be your cause of action anyhow if you even had one.

Thread Information