Widgets Magazine
Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3277787980818283 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2051

Thread: Skydance Bridge

Default Re: Skydance Bridge

Someone should be responsible for taxpayers having to replace the entire bridge after such a short time. Is there any investigation into why such a big mistake was made?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Someone should be responsible for taxpayers having to replace the entire bridge after such a short time. Is there any investigation into why such a big mistake was made?
    And could we bundle that investigation with all the other fiascos the city has made with P180 and the other things they can't seem to figure out without screwing them up first?

Who actually built the bridge? The city or ODOT?

There has been no work here for weeks. If you look closely, you can see people have broken through the gates.

The city needs to put up some bollards or jersey barriers or something to keep people from driving up there to take their car photos. Look at all of those skidmarks

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    The city needs to put up some bollards or jersey barriers or something to keep people from driving up there to take their car photos. Look at all of those skidmarks
    There are long wide stairs leading up to it from street. I wonder if skid marks are from construction equipment or crew

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    There are long wide stairs leading up to it from street. I wonder if skid marks are from construction equipment or crew
    They were.

Hope they play on powerwashing that concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Who actually built the bridge? The city or ODOT?
    The city

Nm

No work out here for weeks; seems finished but the fence barriers remain up:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No work out here for weeks; seems finished but the fence barriers remain up:

What's the work being done (sorry if it's somewhere in here, too many pages to go through haha)? I noticed they had nets under the bridge so i assume that was to replace the wood walkway with the metal. What else is being done?

Visited Dallas to see family a few weeks ago and visited Klyde Warren Park there for a bit. Sort of would defeat the purpose of Skydance Bridge, but it would have been really cool to have I-40 capped to create a seamless transition from Scissortail Park to the lower park. That would have been a cool MAPS project I actually would have wanted to see happen, more so than a soccer stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by willemark01 View Post
    What's the work being done (sorry if it's somewhere in here, too many pages to go through haha)? I noticed they had nets under the bridge so i assume that was to replace the wood walkway with the metal. What else is being done?
    Replacing the decking is the only work that was approved and that seems to have been completed almost 2 months ago.

Blog Entries

Don't get everybody riled up... there's been quite the debate about the merits of capping I-235 in that thread...

I went to the bridge last night. I can see no reason for the fence still being up. It seems like it just needs to be packed up?

Regardless, people seem to be slipping by it to cross.

OKC leaves "Right/Left Lane Closed" signs up for weeks after the work is done on streets, absolutely not surprising they'd leave other signs up after work is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I went to the bridge last night. I can see no reason for the fence still being up. It seems like it just needs to be packed up?

Regardless, people seem to be slipping by it to cross.
    There are still locked gates at both ends.

People can probably slip through but it's still officially closed and effectively blocks bikes, strollers, etc.

Blog Entries

I'd bet they are waiting on inspections, city takes forever on those sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I'd bet they are waiting on inspections, city takes forever on those sometimes
    The city is waiting on inspections done by the city?

Blog Entries

yes IMO

Just because the city is the customer doesn't mean they jump the line necessarily

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    yes IMO

Just because the city is the customer doesn't mean they jump the line necessarily
    Yep, and the work is provided by contractors - which have to pull their own permits. So ABC Contracting company's work for the city is no different than their work on a private project as far as the city is concerned. It's just an address to the inspections office.

i passed by on i-40 this afternoon and noticed several white utility trucks parked around the south end of the bridge... couldn't tell what they were up to from the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Yep, and the work is provided by contractors - which have to pull their own permits. So ABC Contracting company's work for the city is no different than their work on a private project as far as the city is concerned. It's just an address to the inspections office.
    Gotcha, forgot about contractors possibly doing the work, figured it'd be OKC doing the work from the beginning to the end.

No fences in sight this morning and the bridge was fully open.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9418341F-B46D-4739-8E0B-D6361712444A.jpeg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	16239

Thread Information