Widgets Magazine
Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2051

Thread: Skydance Bridge

Default Re: I-40 Pedestrian Bridge

After the bars close around 2:00 am, there could be some crawling humans out and about.

Why aren't the LED lights on? It was dissappointing driving under it and being barely able to see it last night.

I don't think they have the permanent electrical hookups built yet. Will said it was running off a generator on New Year's.

Also, they probably want to minimize distractions until motorists get used to all the changes.

I was surprised to find the Skydance was not lit up last night, too. Even if they can only light it up for special occasions right now, one would have thought that the first night of the new highway being open would be a special occasion.

6. Default Re: I-40 Pedestrian Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Will, I've remixed your splendid video by deleting the background noise and replacing it with the 2nd movement of Beethoven's Symphony #7 (the music used at the climax of the superb movie, The King's Speech) and by shortening its original 15:02 minutes to 9:34, the length of the tune as performed by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Carlo Maria Guilini conducting. I've also moved some parts around a bit. Sadly, my software didn't produce sharpness as good as your video did (particularly as to the tubing closeups), but it is good enough to give you at least my amateuristic impression of what I was talking about earlier in this thread. My software doesn't have the capacity to add labels to existing videos (e.g., Walker Bridge Looking West) or I'd have done that, also. Will, I think that you can make a living or at least some serious bucks by your "hobby," my friend ... I encourage you to go for the gold ... you are that good.

I was reading through a couple pages to make sure this hasnt been asked, but i drove last night under the bridge, definitely alot bigger in person and the downtown view was much close than anticipated. my question is, is there a way to get to the skydance bridge yet? me and a friend wanted to walk under it and look at it up closely. we had no idea how to get there though.

NO, again this area is a work in progress and will be several more years before the park is ready.

i realize the park isnt going to be ready for a few years. just didnt know they werent going to let anyone near the bridge until the park is open

You can definitely get near it; in some of the videos you see people even walking on it, although it's far from complete.

Quote Originally Posted by gurantula35 View Post
    i realize the park isnt going to be ready for a few years. just didnt know they werent going to let anyone near the bridge until the park is open
    It will be done in a few months. Just because the park won't be done for several years doesn't mean they won't slap something together for people to officially be able to walk on it. Just won't have a destination. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Excuse me, you are forgetting what kind of bridge this is. Not only it brings dangerous risk to the motorists, the walking humans down below such monstrous beams of steel may end their lives with pointy icicles lodged in their brains. There will be a lot of traffic under that steel of bird, so yes, the concerns are greatly justified.

Pete, you always have access to the important stuff on papers. Can you determine if there will be some sort of heating devices throughout the structure?
    \

HMMM. I wonder if the Eiffel Tower has built-in heating elements to protect people who walk under it? Maybe that explains all of the pictures I've seen of Parisians walking around with pointy icicles sticking out of their heads.

If the sky does fall, I intend to run and go tell the King.

Has anyone else noticed that the view of the bridge coming from the east isn't going to be anything like the artist's renderings depicted, with the Santa Fe, and Shields overpasses mostly in the way?

Quote Originally Posted by dedndcrusr View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the view of the bridge coming from the east isn't going to be anything like the artist's renderings depicted, with the Santa Fe, and Shields overpasses mostly in the way?
    I've noticed that but for the record, in the rendering they depicted it driving westbound, not eastbound.

Wink Re: I-40 Pedestrian Bridge

coming FROM the east

I had just woke up, I hadn't drank any coffee or orange juice, give a dude a break. LOL

18. Default Re: I-40 Pedestrian Bridge

I was going to wait and do a proper video, but I thought what the heck and took I-40 to do this quick video. Recorded on an iPhone 4S.

January 12 2012

Blog Entries

Skydance Bridge:

Whenever I see this structure it takes on a different shape and meaning. It's really difficult to drive east on the new I-40 crosstown and stay focused and be attentive to safety and driving without being spellbound to this magnificant steel edifice. It's a lot easier to get on the Walker Bridge and take the side street east behind the old Union Depot (between Walker & Robinson) and watch this colorful display at night which will add plenty of charm and conversation within itself.

Drive safely across the new crosstown!

20. Default Re: I-40 Pedestrian Bridge

I know, I'm guilty of it all the time, but Will, your life is extremely more precious than mine, so please be careful when filming and driving at the same time. The world, especially Oklahoma City and the state of Oklahoma, can not afford to lose you. As for the video, good job, you did good on an iCrap device. Next time, don't ever mention the use of any iCrap device to greatly enhance the viewing experience. :-)

21. Default Re: I-40 Pedestrian Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I know, I'm guilty of it all the time, but Will, your life is extremely more precious than mine, so please be careful when filming and driving at the same time.
    Why didn't you say so? I should have let you record on the roof of my car.

Hans Butzer has created another OKC landmark. He might not have the quantity of projects or notoriety of Rand Eliot but he is right up there with Oklahoma's top designers.

23. Default Re: I-40 Pedestrian Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by unfrsakn View Post
    why didn't you say so? I should have let you record on the roof of my car.
    l

m

a

o

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Why didn't you say so? I should have let you record on the roof of my car.
    Pure entertainment here...... I could just imagine this....lol

The only thing about the bridge being built right NOW, is that it doesn't connect anything. Empty space to more empty space. Hopefully the parks will be put under construction SOON!

Thread Information