Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hideaway Rumor...

Default Hideaway Rumor...

I have heard a rumor that since the Backyard Burger closed on Douglas, it will soon be replaced by a Hideaway Pizza!! Could this really be true? Anybody know?

Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Ok, as much as i like Hideaway, it's a bit pricey. Tasty as all get out though.

I work for them, I can find out. I know they want to expand in Moore and Yukon. I wouldn't be suprised at all if they expand east.

I don't know if the rumor is true or not, but I sure hope it is. I'd love to have a Hideaway close by! With Pablano's Grill next door, that might become my new favorite part of town.

So.. Just checked, and it is just a rumor for now. But they are considering a location near Tinker, among other places.

The last time I was in the Hideaway on NWE they asked me for my zip code so they can decide where to put a future location.

thats true. They also review all of the comment cards to get info on where people come from.

I guess I must be one of the few people in Oklahoma who has never had Hideaway Pizza.

Many have said how great it is, so I'd love to know - how is Hideaway better/different from Papa John's?? To me, nothing beats a PJ pizza with their garlic sauce! mmmm-mmmm

It's good. But certainly not the best pizza ever.

I actually heard this same rumor. Several coworkers of mine frequented Nick's Bar (which shared the same building) prior to it closing last week, and one of them mentioned that a Hideaway might be going in there. I believe this info came from Nick himself.

11. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

It would be nice...its a niche pizza. The same people don't go to each sit-down pizza place. You've got different clients at Hideway than at Falcone's or Old Chicago...not to mention the normal delivery places. The location is sort of weird and hasn't been able to support a lot of business so far. It's getting to be a better location as more people aroung the area more often, but you don't have a large draw there like you do on 29th. You would think that would help with rent costs, but that building is still pretty new and flashy, so rent is high.

Hideaway Pizza will not be moving into the former Backyard Burgers.

13. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Eh, well it was a nice rumor while it lasted.

It may happen in the future, but it just won't be in that building at this time.

you're such a tease!

16. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Well while we're talking about the building...what else do you think would work there? I was never impressed with Backyard Burgers (not just that location, but the chain). I figure if i want a burger like that, I'll go to Braums or Johnnie's. Now it would be cool to get a Johnnies there, but again, I don't think the building fits them.

The design of the place sort of pretty much lends itself to one concept of a restaurant. Maybe the first Ruby Tuesday's in OKC???? I have no basis for that, but it was so specific to Interburban that it's hard to make it fit something else.

Or a TGI Friday's? That might be a good fit.

I would like to see some more non-ethnic, general menu restaurants in MWC. Either RT or TGIF would be a nice addition.

I know Johnnies was approached at one time but they didnt seem very interested in MWC. That was kind of the deal w Hideway.

One problem is most of these places have expansion plans in place 2 years out and if MWC is not in their plans they are not that interested in talking about it.

19. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Lauri - why non-ethnic? You know I would actually LOOOOOOVE to see a sushi place in MWC. The building is too big for that, but hey I can dream.

I would love to see some Indian food out on the East side as well. There aren't very many good Indian places out there. Himalaya in Norman is pretty much the only one I will go to. Gopurum is the default people know, but it's not very good and they have a very limited selection. Plus they are usually kind of pissy...me thinks maybe they are North Indians???

Or how about some Carribean food? Man that's some good stuff!

My main point is, it doesnt have to be a chain of the same old crap we already have 10 choices of in MWC. Why not go for something new that we don't already have? Then that way the location isn't as much of a hinderence because they have to go to it for that type of food.

Bomber - good points. I guess I was just thinking about how many Mexican places we have and wishing for something a little more varied. Carib/South American food would be awesome!

I can't eat beef (allergic), so restaurants that have a variety of non-beef items would be good. Seafood would also be wonderful - that's the one thing I miss about living on the Gulf Coast. I've not had much Indian food, other than Gopurum. It was awful, and yes, the attitude made me decide to never return.

I've got it - how about a restaurant with a BIG bookstore next door!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    I can't eat beef (allergic)...
    You poor, poor soul.

22. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

FYI - Super Target sells a jar of Tika Masala sauce that is amazing. You can make Chicken Tika Masla at home and it's AWESOME. They even sell the Hanna (sp?) bread! Yeah Ok, it's the default Indian food American's like, but so what. It's GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    You poor, poor soul.

Yeah - it sucks - I really miss hamburgers the most!

I see there is work going on at the old Backyard Burgers (1851 South Douglas). Any news on what it might become?

Henry Hudsons is moving in there.

Thread Information