Thread: Hideaway Rumor...

Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Henry Hudsons is moving in there.
    Really?

I guess it is about time they moved out that old Der Dutchman location.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    FYI - Super Target sells a jar of Tika Masala sauce that is amazing. You can make Chicken Tika Masla at home and it's AWESOME. They even sell the Hanna (sp?) bread! Yeah Ok, it's the default Indian food American's like, but so what. It's GOOD!
    Naan is the bread you're referring too, and yes target makes decent store brand sauces and naan bread.

Originally Posted by Lauri101
    I can't eat beef (allergic)...
    Allergic to beef? Wow, I'm sorry, that must be aweful, I don't know what I'd do without red meat. I'm betting you are in a very small minority, especially in this part of the country.

It's horrible - I really miss it!

I used to be able to eat red meat until a gastric bypass about 15 years ago.

Turkey burgers are no substitute for a greasy, fat 15th Street Grill Burger!

Did they make this decision before or after they got raided for illegal gambling machines?

6. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    Did they make this decision before or after they got raided for illegal gambling machines?
    Lol when did this happen?

double post

Right around the end of October - here are a couple of links:

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-gambling-...rticle/3317125

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-horse-rac...rticle/3316633

One of the articles in the print version of paper stated that HH in Midwest City was one of the 6 businesses raided. I cannot find anything on Google that names it, at least in the short time I have this morning!

9. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

So if Hudson's is moving out....I have to ask if Atkins plans on buying up the lots to remodel the place like the rest of Uptown. It would be the best possible solution to cap a great renewal project. It would do wonders to finish putting some new lipstick on that whole area!

10. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Too bad HH is moving in there. Can't stand places like that, but at least with the location they are in now, they are at least out of the way and somewhat out of eyesight. What a disgusting little place that is...

sorry for the rant

11. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Well you can pretty much gurantee they will fail at the new location, so we'll be rid of them soon enough. There's no way a bar is going to turn a dollar in that buildilng. It's farrrrrr too fancy a place for Hudson's. Polished wood floors at multi-levels with glass wall windows. Doesn't exactlly say bar to me. I seem to recall Hudson's being plywood over the windows with stained nasty carpet.

I will take that bet on Hudson failing.

Henry Hudsons is a very well run company. This isn't their 1st rodeo.

All the Hudsons but the MWC are mostly newer clean buildings. They knew they needed to get out of their MWC location, despite being the owners of the building.

They also own the Poblano next door (they own all the Poblanos)

As far as all the glass & wood - the property is being gutted and re-done to their specs.

In other words, if you are going to be sitting around waiting for them to fail - you might be waiting awhile

13. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

The place just seems too fancy for a bar. If they are going to gut the place, it seems like they could have spent money on building a new structure more effectively. I don't particullarly want them to fail, they are one of the nicer bars around for what they are. In MWC you have a bunch of ghetto crap bars like Booger Reds. But at least Hudson's has some good food and the people inside usually don't get all crazy. You can just hang out with friends, have a drink, get a bite, and not worry about Biker Bob knocking you down.

If you ever went in the place when it was Interurban or anything else that's been in there, it just doesnt sem like a "bar" building. Even gutting the place doesn't take away the architecture of the building or the layout. And I can't imagine that their lease will be so good that they are going to make what they made at 15th. That's why I'm saying it would have been more efficient to build on their own. When you take out windows and architectural features of a structure like that, then what's the point of being there?

And what about Nikz? I never went in there, but did it close with Backyard Burgers.

And what about Nikz? I never went in there, but did it close with Backyard Burgers.
    Nikz closed with Backyard. I never saw a crowd in Nikz.

From what I understand the reason they are moving into the BB building is that was much more cost efficent for them rather building from scratch.

Think about what they might spend to renovate that building vs what they would spend on just a bare piece of dirt in a decent location. Then you got A&E, permits, and construction costs. It was probably a no brainer.

Personally, I will go into other Hudsons around town but would not go to the MWC location. Those old low ceilings made the smoke just hover, even if nobody was smoking at the time. I think they will see a significant increase in business. I agree with you about Hudson's overall. They are a pretty good operation. That is why I think they will attract a new crowd of people. Like you said - where else is there in Mid/Del?

Nicks bar actually did pretty well. Thursday nights were packed. But the bar area was not big enough to cover the operating expense once Backyard closed. Same guy operated both. He wasn't happy as a franchisee of Backyard Burgers. Think if you ever saw any corporate advertising for BB. Not around here. Just decided it wasn't worth sending them a royalty check every month for not much in return.

BTW, From what I hear you won't recognize the place on the inside. The bar area is going to be your standard HH horseshoe bar (actually square) in what was the main dining room.

16. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Well if they are gutting, then It makes sense that it would be totally different. It's too bad the old bar has to go though. It's practical to make the bar the main point for the new place since that is the point, but that whole sidea area where Nikz was, was a nice area. I hadn't been over there in who knows how long...it was Interurban last time I was over there. But I remember some very nice wood flooring, very bright, great window views (at that time you had the landscaping of the driving range to look at...now you have weeds).

I wonder if they are considering a two room approach. One for the normal Hudson's world in the main dining room, and a more upscale are back there.

I wonder if they are considering a two room approach. One for the normal Hudson's world in the main dining room, and a more upscale are back there.
    Like a Henry Hudson's VIP room?

18. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Yeah I don't know if the two of them really go together, but it would be a shame to lose the room as is....or at least was.

Quote Originally Posted by amaesquire View Post
    Like a Henry Hudson's VIP room?

Maybe just a smoke-free room?

I'd go to it!

20. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    Maybe just a smoke-free room?

I'd go to it!
    smoke-free and hudsons do not go together at all. Nikz was at least smoke free. If you wanted to smoke, just go outside to the patio.

It was actually a really nice place to sit, have a few drinks, watch a game, and actually be able to hear the person sitting next to you without smelling like a cig when you left.

I would be shocked if the new Hudsons is anything like that.

21. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

That would actually be awesome. You would be able to enjoy Hudson's but not come out smelling like butt....and as you say, be able to hear the person next to you.

Build a bookstore next to it and heaven awaits!

23. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

Nicks was a great bar...had a lot of fun in there. Was a darn shame to see it go.

Actually I think were Nik's Bar was, is going to be the off track betting area...

25. Default Re: Hideaway Rumor...

I emailed Joe Atkinson at North Star yesterday asking about the old hudson's building, I was curious if they wree planning on incorporating it into their Uptown plans. Apparently 7/11 bought the building and will be tearing it all down for a new station. Personally, i think it's long overdue to replace the station on Key and it's a good location for one too.

He also mentioned that their I-240 development have pretty much been cancelled. They had held off on them when things started turning bad in the economy and now they just don't forsee them being built any time soon. I think that might be overly cautious, but oh well. I wish we could get a grocery store down here in the 240/Sooner area. Even a Walgreens would do wonders over the gas station marts.

Thread Information