Widgets Magazine

Thread: 2008 parking and tailgating

Default 2008 parking and tailgating

I hear there are some changes and areas blocked off this year where normal tailgating has always taken place. Anybody aware of these and can provide more information?

Default Re: 2008 parking and tailgating

Hi kmf,

Not sure about tailgating areas, but I do know that several of the streets around campus (especially to the west) will have more restrictive parking.

In the past people could park on both sides of the street, regardless of whether there was a NO Parking sign there. Now, parking will only be allowed on one side of the street. No Parking signs will still all be up, but those who park on the side that says "No Parking with exception of events at Owen Field" will be okay. Others will be ticketed or towed.

They are trying to create more space so emergency vehicles can pass through.

I'm not sure about changes, except it seems like everyone charges just a little more each season..
    I always park at the middle school at Brooks & Flood. It seems like I am able to get out of Norman fairly easily from here following the games. And I enjoy the walk. I'd like to know of any better places to park that allow me to avoid most traffic after the games.

If anyone has other suggestions, I'd certainly like to know!
    Last edited by jstanthrnme; 08-28-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: removed super secret route

Quote Originally Posted by jstanthrnme View Post
    I usually avoid I-35 and take Western Ave
    Shhhhhhhhhh Thats supposed to be a secret route.

Anywhere north of campus corner isn't to hard to get out of if you know the back streets to Robinson

5. Default Re: 2008 parking and tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by kmf563 View Post
    I hear there are some changes and areas blocked off this year where normal tailgating has always taken place. Anybody aware of these and can provide more information?
    I have a call into the administrative office for official word on this, as I have heard the same rumors. Will try to remember to post here tomorrow.

Thanks for all the helpful info!
    Please let us know what the admin says okcmallen.

Well, while we're on the topic of tailgating, who's interested? I'll be at the Cinci game on Sept 6. Is anyone else going and interested in meeting up for an OKCTalk tailgate party?
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Maybe. I have a dentist appointment that morning, it just depends on how long that takes and if they do anything other than clean. But I think an okctalk tailgate would be fun!

Here is this year's parking map:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...arking_map.pdf

And the parking and tailgating policies:

Oklahoma Facilities

Hope these help. OU is pretty good about posting this stuff on their athletic site.

10. Default Re: 2008 parking and tailgating

The area between Jenkins and..I think that's Asp...on Lindsey Street is open as usual. No worries, all!

Quote Originally Posted by kmf563 View Post
    Maybe. I have a dentist appointment that morning, it just depends on how long that takes and if they do anything other than clean. But I think an okctalk tailgate would be fun!
    Cool, I'll be the one wearing an OU shirt so keep an eye out for me.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Quote Originally Posted by AFCM View Post
    Cool, I'll be the one wearing an OU shirt so keep an eye out for me.
    I think I saw you yesterday.

The info you all gave was useful! We got a great parking spot and hit several tailgates and had a great time yesterday. At the last minute we decided to get out of the heat and head to a friends house in Norman and watch 3 tvs of football. Glad we did! That rainstorm was fierce.

So, nextweekend - parking is much better on the north side of campus for those of you going. I don't have a dentist appointment - my son does! Mine is in a couple of weeks. So, I will be in attendance again. Maybe going to the game this time.

Thread Information