Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: late night food concession

Question late night food concession

I was considering purchasing one of those concession trailers you see at events and fairs or what not. Something small, not too large or an eyesore, to sell late night food past 11pm in bricktown. Just curious if anyone knows an ordinance against this? As far as I can tell its legal as long as you dont block traffic and its 75 ft away from the canal. What type of food do you think would go off best? Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: late night food concession

I think it's a great idea. A guy on this website was going to do it, but got busy with other stuff. I'd love to see tons more street vendors both in Bricktown and the CBD. Perhaps in the daytime you could pay a college student or someone to run it in the core of downtown and then you could man it on weekends in Bricktown? Hotdogs, Pretzels would be nice.

tacos or fat sandwiches

Taqueria style tacos
    Gyros/Schwarmas
    Hot dogs/Brats
    Pizza

5. Default Re: late night food concession

Bobo's Chicken.

How about fair food. Funnel cakes, corn dogs, roasted corn and those sorts of tasty treats. Although some good fried chicken would be nice. Just don't invite the shady characters that frequent(ed) BoBo's Chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Bobo's Chicken.
    I was going to post the same thing and then I thought, "Too soon?"

Quote Originally Posted by badfish77 View Post
    I was considering purchasing one of those concession trailers you see at events and fairs or what not. Something small, not too large or an eyesore, to sell late night food past 11pm in bricktown. Just curious if anyone knows an ordinance against this? As far as I can tell its legal as long as you dont block traffic and its 75 ft away from the canal. What type of food do you think would go off best? Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Whatever you do, don't sell what your name is. (just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Too soon? No.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Despite the obvious problems with the location, have ya ever tasted the stuff? Manna from heaven. That chicken is unreal good.

Key is to go early before all of the clubs let out.

About what time do they start serving that manna from heaven? I want to try it, but I would prefer to do it earlier rather than later...

I started a thread about BoBo's chicken because I want to know more...

Quote Originally Posted by amaesquire View Post
    Too soon? No.
    I guess it was on "Hood Street."

I could always eat a gyro after a late night in bricktown.

14. Default Re: late night food concession

In all seriousness, Bobo's chicken would probably do very well in Bricktown.

15. Default Re: late night food concession

Is there a way we could convince him to move to downtown? I don't want to take away from the Eastside tho, perhaps he could open another cart or just sell from a wagon or I dunno.

I agree with gyros for a small cart. I think the city has enough hot dogs, unless you do some thing unique like Chicago hot dogs (Vienna Beef, mmmmm)! To my knowledge, OKC doesn't have a Vienna Beef location, so you;d have the whole city as your market!

Maybe New York style (Nathans) but I think you would need a larger cart for them since theyre grilled.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

In all seriousness, Bobo's chicken would probably do very well in Bricktown.
    Bricktown would probably not go for it.

They have worked very hard to exclude certain sorts of businesses from Bricktown which might detract from its 'family' environment.

I could see a Bobo's working somewhere east of Bricktown on Reno, but not in Bricktown-proper.

.oO(fams don't eat chicken? Since when?)Oo.

In other words, Bobo's attracts a pretty rough crowd. This is not the sort of crowd the Bricktown businesses want to be frequenting OKC's premier entertainment district.

Let me put it another way -- we'd rather not have drive by shootings occurring in Bricktown if at all possible.

I'm not sure whether or not your question is flippant.

I suppose my Q is whether a BoBo's would attract a rough crowd irrespective of where it parks the cart. I think a solid quick bite chick-n truck would do exceptionally well, far better than another burger to go option.

20. Default Re: late night food concession

I think the location drives the crowd for BoBo's right now; not the other way around. Gangbangers aren't driving in from other parts of the city just to go to Bobo's...that's just a rough part of the city. Bobo's in Bricktown would have just as good of a chance as any.

21. Default Re: late night food concession

He might need to get a new name to lose the old crowd though

22. Default Re: late night food concession

He might need to get a new name to lose the old crowd though
    I just have trouble believing thugs will descend on Bricktown because there's a 2nd Bobos there.

I'd love to see some more street food vendors downtown. Would love to be able to get a serving of fried okra in a paper cone...like they serve roasted nuts in NYC.

24. Default Re: late night food concession

Quote Originally Posted by amylynn5656 View Post
    I'd love to see some more street food vendors downtown. Would love to be able to get a serving of fried okra in a paper cone...like they serve roasted nuts in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    I just have trouble believing thugs will descend on Bricktown because there's a 2nd Bobos there.
    I concur

Thread Information