Widgets Magazine

Thread: Adobe Grill

1. Default Adobe Grill

People need to talk about this place more. I would go so far as to say this is the best Mexican joint in the city. It's more authentic mexican than tex-mex...also a little higher on the price, but you know where that money goes as soon as you taste the food.

I wish more people would patronize this excellent local eatery.

Default Re: Adobe Grill

i think it's a pretty good place. everything i've had there is tasty... and it doesn't taste the same as pretty much every other tex-mex joint around town. it's also a pretty cool touch how they flavor their water with fruit instead of just serving it plain.

-M

3. Default Re: Adobe Grill

Yeah, the water is cool, I think the decor is probably more legit than most places, as well. Service has been excellent the 3 or so times I've been. It's at 50th and Shartel for those that are unaware.

4. Default Re: Adobe Grill

I'm gonna put this on my list of places to try.

A friend took me there once, knowing I'd unlikely ever venture that direction on my own as I very rarely end up north of 23rd street.

I always knew he was a good friend, but that day I learned he was a great friend.

6. Default Re: Adobe Grill

Have to self-bump and shamelessly promote this flipping GEM of a restaurant. Just doesn't get enough patronage! When last night, the chef came out to talk to use and we opted for the guacamole she makes at the table while asking your preferences. Literally impeccable service, and the food and presentation weren, again, outstanding.

Now, it's not too tex-mexy, so keep that in mind, but it's still the standard fare but kicked up quite a bit (e.g.- stuffed peppers, carne asada, fajitas, etc). Awesome stuff; highly recommend!

Yes this place is awesome. The fruit in the water pitchers is a very cool touch. Its just something you do not see at most restaurants. I really wanna go back there soon...

Thread Information