Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Worst local commercial?

Default Re: Worst local commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by nik4411 View Post
    haha, that sounds disturbing.

whats up with the cattleman's commercial i see lately? it's not that the ad is bad, it just seems old. like it was shot it 1988 and they still use it.
    It may have been. But if yer wantin' to create a sense of going back in time, not a bad ploy to use the everything old is new again approach

Ok....another one that really gets under my skin.

The Furgeson commercials featuring Donny in the "prices on the greound" play from American Idol....

The worst part about this commercial is that I actually know someone named Donny whos voice is every bit as annoying as the guy on the commercial. Lord help the people who decide to buy a car based on these ads.

Donny .... Chad ... Donny .... Chad ... Donny .... Chad ... Donny .... Chad ... Donny .... Chad ... Donny .... Chad ... Donny .... Chad ... Donny .... Chad ... Donny .... Chad ...

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Not a mega fan of the two guys in the Sonic commericals, but the lass and the guy who play their roles as lil' beauty and the geek still manage to crack me up most of the time.
    Sorry to break it to you, but they split up and the geek has since remarried, grown a beard, had a couple kids, and is now driving a minivan:

No idea what happened to the "lass." She's probably a crack whore somewhere by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but they split up and the geek has since remarried, grown a beard, had a couple kids, and is now driving a minivan:

No idea what happened to the "lass." She's probably a crack whore somewhere by now.

And that lasses and laddies is why you should nevah, evah buy a minivan.
    How sad.

Bob Mills and those sweater vest. Where in the hell do you find a pink and green vest, let alone where them. How can we do that, ask your saleman. We don't care Mr Mills how you did it. Get a new line.

Just saw one the other day that was really bad. I think its for Life Tel, or something like that. Its the one where they show some goofy looking guy, wearing a sweat band and some Richard Simmons looking shorts. He's dusting his house, and they say "Jim is clean man, and when things are clean, Jim can see things more clearly", as he's smelling his armpits. Nasty. I have no idea what this has to do with phone service, but I just can't stand that commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

It never works out when women marry their gay friend who hasn't come out of the closet yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
    Bob Mills and those sweater vest. Where in the hell do you find a pink and green vest, let alone where them. How can we do that, ask your saleman. We don't care Mr Mills how you did it. Get a new line.
    That is a pretty weak com. to show a 200.00 chair for 600.00 and tell ya he'll throw in the second one free (what a deal! )

1.) Any local furniture ad: Why do you feel the need to show us a child or your puppy? That doesn't make me want to buy your furniture. If you DO put them in the commercial, make sure they're quiet! There was one not too long ago where the Mathis Brothers brothers were holding a "peeping" baby. Just kept going "PEEP ... peep ... PEEP"

2.) Uptown Thrift. Just ... no...

Two more commercials I'll add to the list that really bug me

#1: The Oklahoma lottery commercial that features the kids telling what the $300,000,000 that the lottery has taken in could provide for the schools. They mention:

75,000 coputers
    90,000 swing sets
    1.5 million library books
    5.4 million basketballs
    and
    1,500 school buses

I got to thinking that the school buses must be pretty pricey, so I did the math.....here's how those items break down

$4,000 per computer
    $3,333 per swing set
    $200 per library book
    $55.55 per basketball
    and
    $200,000 per school bus

It's no wonder the schools are running out of money...surely someone should have checked these prices before making the commercial. For comparrison heres another couple of buses I found for less than $200,000

I don't remember the buses being that nice when I went to school!!!!!

.................................................. .................................................. ....

#2 Integris sleep disorder commercial

In this commercial the man is having trouble sleeping so he gets up (while his wife i sleeping soundly in the bed) then turns on the lights, eats, turns on the tv, sits on wifes side of the bed, paces around the room then eventually lays down at the foot of the bed forcing the wife to nearly get pushed out of bed.

I don't know about you but to me this looks awfully frickin rude!!! lol Wife should throw a book at him and tell him to sleep on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkTeflon View Post
    1.) Any local furniture ad: Why do you feel the need to show us a child or your puppy? That doesn't make me want to buy your furniture. If you DO put them in the commercial, make sure they're quiet! There was one not too long ago where the Mathis Brothers brothers were holding a "peeping" baby. Just kept going "PEEP ... peep ... PEEP"

2.) Uptown Thrift. Just ... no...
    Uptown Thrift!!! Jeezus.. I want to shoot myself everytime that commercial comes on.. "WE HAVE THE KEY TO SET YOU FREE!!"

I'm going to smash something if I hear that gay ass Cox Communications song. They spam that **** during every Thunder game and it's annoying as ****!

Quote Originally Posted by westsidesooner View Post
    Two more commercials I'll add to the list that really bug me

#1: The Oklahoma lottery commercial that features the kids telling what the $300,000,000 that the lottery has taken in could provide for the schools.
    The lottery commercial is especially annoying when it's played at 6:45 in the morning...definitely in the "nails on chalkboard" category.

It's not a local commercial, but that "NewCarNewCar.com" commercial is ridiculous.

Bargain Betty (if that's local).

yes, that commercial is local. Has anyone else seen the "newcarnewcardotcom" commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    yes, that commercial is local. Has anyone else seen the "newcarnewcardotcom" commercials?
    is that the one that ends in awful green background and an 'extra in an old revenge of the nerds looking' chap stamping approved, approved, approved?

I dvr so much now I don't tend to see many commercials except when I stop the ff too soon

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Ditto on that being annoying Metro.....and I mean BIG TIME annoying.....

The Sooner Copy commercials - not only is the guy a sleaze IRL, I hate any commercial that pimps out the owners kids.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly73099 View Post
    The Sooner Copy commercials - not only is the guy a sleaze IRL, I hate any commercial that pimps out the owners kids.
    Last time I checked, the little girl was not a prostitute and the owner was not a pimp.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly73099 View Post
    Speaking of, Richardson Homes commercial. Geez, please hire some regular actors.

How about any furniture commercial w/ Johnny Ross flailing his arm around like a windmill!!! or The Richardson Homes commercials-that little girl that sounds like she did 5-6 yrs ago! Have our family build your family's home.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    How about any furniture commercial w/ Johnny Ross flailing his arm around like a windmill!!! or The Richardson Homes commercials-that little girl that sounds like she did 5-6 yrs ago! Have our family build your family's home.LOL
    Her voice has matured since then.. still annoying as hell though.

any mathis brothers commercial reminds me of the time back in the early 80s when bill mathis made local headlines by inserting a hamster inside a condom and well,..eventually had to see a doctor to have it removed from inside of him, ahem.

Thread Information