Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do we still need in moore?

Default What do we still need in moore?

Of all the new and exicting things that have came or is coming to moore, what are we still missing that you want? Me personally, a nice seafood restaurant, a toy store (not a walmart toy store) a cracker barrel, a craft store likea hobby lobby or a michaels..

Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

I still would like to have the Chick-filet they told us we would have.

I personally would like a Barnes and Noble and a Dicks Sporting Goods.

We NEED better timed lights at the intersections along 19th!

That should be the firts thing to be done, the lights off of 19th, I called city hall the lady I guess the receptionist told me they are looking into it, that they have had calls about it, I asked her to pass it along as another complaint.. Why if people are calling about it but we see nothing being done, is it that hard to make the lights work in proper formation instead red green red green

I actually did see an article a while back about the city spending $10,000 to $15,000 to send a company out there to monitor the traffic and reprogram the lights to where they sync up correctly. It shouldn't take 10 minutes to go a 1/4 mile.

I'll see if I can find the article.

I called, too. It's ridiculous. 19th is a nightmare.

I agree that we need a decent seafood restaurant. Also, I would like to see a Barnes&Noble around. Chick-Fil-A would make me very happy on Saturday mornings; the non-super Target will definitely make me happy.

Red Lobster would be good.

9. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Of all the new and exicting things that have came or is coming to moore, what are we still missing that you want? Me personally, a nice seafood restaurant, a toy store (not a walmart toy store) a cracker barrel, a craft store likea hobby lobby or a michaels..

Isn't a Michaels going to be a part of the new Royal Park (or whatever it's called) shopping center?

Excluding fast food, are there any places in Moore that have more than 1-3 seafood offerings on amostly non-seafood menu?

Give me a Pearls and a Steak and Shake and I will be content restaurant wise

12. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

My g/f keeps bitching that there's no Panera anywhere around without going to Penn.

I'd love to have a decent bookstore, and maybe somebody could talk Best Buy into a Magnolia.

I would love to see a Magnolia at Best Buy. I would also like to see a Fry's here in the metro, preferably in Moore.

We need a In-N-out burger, and a shakeys pizza place..

15. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

Barnes And Noble

We need Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Barnes and Noble, and Panera Bread although I live 5 minutes away from Panera Bread on Penn but they gotta build Panera Bread in Moore just in case I am on my way to Norman or something

there's a panera bread in norman, not too far from moore

Quote Originally Posted by BradR View Post
    there's a panera bread in norman, not too far from moore
    Oh that's right, I forgot about that, thanks, I keep forgetting there is Panera Bread just a block away from Hastings

Maybe with all of the the future new stores they are going to build along 19th street, have they even considered building a bridge over I-35 at 34th Street? I would love to see that.

I believe there was talk or that it is plans to build a 34th street bridge, it would be nice since the new highschool is going to make 19th a mad house, but it already is a mad house, so I am very scarred to see it when the new royal rock center opens and the highschool, plus the prosed target!! It will be labeled the worse traffic area in the metro if something is not done... I prose first better timed traffic lights on 19th and the I-35 bridge, also they need the exit ramp that heads south boud to be moved back to exit where or around freddy frozen custard is, not where walmart is.. The need to have 2 lanes turn on 19th from the feeder road south bound not just one.. The 34th street bridge would help. Me and my wife when we are at jcpennies during the weekend will exit and drive to indian hills then back on santa fe to 19th just to avoid the traffic jam..

Isn't a Michaels going to be a part of the new Royal Park (or whatever it's called) shopping center?
    Nope.

22. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    I believe there was talk or that it is plans to build a 34th street bridge, it would be nice since the new highschool is going to make 19th a mad house, but it already is a mad house, so I am very scarred to see it when the new royal rock center opens and the highschool, plus the prosed target!! It will be labeled the worse traffic area in the metro if something is not done... I prose first better timed traffic lights on 19th and the I-35 bridge, also they need the exit ramp that heads south boud to be moved back to exit where or around freddy frozen custard is, not where walmart is.. The need to have 2 lanes turn on 19th from the feeder road south bound not just one.. The 34th street bridge would help. Me and my wife when we are at jcpennies during the weekend will exit and drive to indian hills then back on santa fe to 19th just to avoid the traffic jam..
    Not just a bridge on 34th, but an exit/entry for I35 would be nice. Not that it's going to happen, but it might ease a bit of traffic on the 19th/I35 intersection.

Neighbor of mine said she heard the 34th st. bridge would be built in or before 2010 (Can't remember exactly) but no on ramp

Also can't remember if she heard that at a council meeting or from our neighborhood assoc.

Wife says I don't listen when she is talking to me...And I'm sure my posts reflect that

http://www.cityofmoore.com/uploaded/...5-Final(2).pdf
    This is the Moore 20/20 plan and if you go down to page 64 of the plan it list the future projects. That is probably where the 2010 date came from but not sure if these will get done. As for the 34th St bridge I think alot hinges on ODOT and I had heard at one time that they could not put in ramps because of the proximity to 19th and Indian Hills (per ODOT rules but not sure).

25. Red face Re: What do we still need in moore?

Quote Originally Posted by LovableGoober View Post
    Nope.

Thank you.

It was Hastings that I was thinking of, not Michaels. I was in a hurry and didn't have a chance to take another glance at the plans before sending the post.

Thread Information