Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do we still need in moore?

Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

I would take a great Italian place (not Olive Garden) any day. Ate at a great chain in California and they are all around us, but I don't want to drive to Dallas for Bucca di Beppo

I agree with the book store thing! There should definitely be something like Barnes and Noble or Borders. So they really are putting a hastings in near JCPenny and BestBuy south of 19th in that newer shopping area? Is that true? I like hastings, but for books I prefer Barnes and Noble or Borders...but I'm definitely all about individually owned businesses if they had as good of a selection of books and magazines as well as a cafe/coffee shop like Barnes and Noble or Borders!

I go to Hillsdale College just south of 19th and even though there aren't a lot of us, there are still a lot of us young college kids who drive all the way to Norman to go to Borders all the time. Our school is growing though..I'm thinking we only had like 300 kids my freshmen year in '06 and then the next year we got about 100 more students...our Recruitment office leader said he hopes Hillsdale grows to 500 people by 2010 which I think could be done! That's just more young people to support business around 19th!

And about the traffic on 19th...I also commute to UCO and when I'm driving back to my friends who lives near telephone and 19th (not the trailer park, ha), I always cut through either behind Wal-Mart or by Lowe's! It saves like at least 5-10 minutes sometimes!

Oh, and I also agree about the toy store thing! Maybe have a big vintage toy section too. That's just a personal interest that I think could be really cool! And I'm lovin' that you can get boba tea at Pho Lau....good stuff!

4. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart, and driving to Crest or Super Target in Norman isn't convenient. Luckily, we're getting a Super Target next to Home Depot on 19th.

5. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

Quote Originally Posted by jon View Post
    I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart, and driving to Crest or Super Target in Norman isn't convenient. Luckily, we're getting a Super Target next to Home Depot on 19th.

Last I heard, it's not going to be a Super Target.

roontburger you go to hillsdale, i went thre from 2000-2002 is mrs. kreugar still there? Wow I can not belive it has grown so much, doubled in college students since I attended.

Everyone seems to be pretty intersested in more eating establishments than anything else. Personally, I would like to see something like a Park with trees, flower gardens, ponds, jogging/bike trails be built. Something that promotes health and fitness. It would also preserve some of the land in our community for all to enjoy. It seems like once a town starts to take off the land starts to disappear until all that is left are houses, cement and pavement.

8. Default Re: What do we still need in moore?

We need more nice restaurants of all kinds. There are enough fast food restaurants. I would like to see something besides franchises too. The new Ricky's is nice but they better get on the ball with their service!

I wish they would take out the ugly prairie grass downtown in the mediums on Broadway! We need some TREES and flowers there. Maybe some pretty street lamps too. Some of those old businesses could stand to be refaced. I grew up here but I believe we can keep the history and still spruce it up.

Garden Ridge would be great here!

How about a State or Federal Law that requires a Fitness Center for every 20 fast food restaurants

its not thefast food places fault that people are out of shape, we know what we are buying there is not good for our bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by danielf1935 View Post
    How about a State or Federal Law that requires a Fitness Center for every 20 fast food restaurants
    Fitness Centers?....Nah...Don't have drive thru's

No need to blame the fast food industry. People need to understand that its there own responsibility, thats all.
    The last thing we need to do is restrict the ways in which some of our industries operate.

I do however believe that it should be in the best interest of the cities for instance to PLAN what is built in there City. Its not hard to say, "we have too many fast food places, let's not allow approval of any more for a while". This is where I think the City of Moore's planning is suffering. It doesn't seem like Moore cares much about who builds what and where.

City Planner, isn't that an actual job that exists? Do we have one?

Thread Information