Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Spookiest places in OKC

1. Default Re: Spookiest places in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    i agree. i'm thinking that the word 'church' is just part of the story that the location is used for satanic ritual rather than being the ruins of an actual church building. it's pretty tough to sort out the fact from the fiction here.

this is far from anything resembling conclusive evidence but my mom grew up north of 63rd on air depot and she doesn't remember there being a church in this area. basically just a scattering of farm homes.

-M
    Purple church - was white - I saw the building when I was a teenager-in the early and mid 80s and my sister same thing in late 70's
    it was a wooden structure, 2 story- that indeed looked like it might have been a church at one time but more like a 2 story wood farmhouse.
    But looked like it was being used as a house.

I would have hated to be the people trying to live there because of the high school kids and all these stories. That is all they were
    made of stories from kids looking to spook their girlfriends after cruising the MWC air depot cruise and then going there and back.

Also on this Friday night tour-- was included an old school house on the east side of sooner road north of 50th somewhere.

Now for the arrow, my husband grew up less than a mile from it.

The arrow was bought from an amusement park ride by the people who owned the land and thought it would be cool to own.

Again, those poor people and their scared neighbors LOL.

3 mile road in Bethany with the house with 3 crosses in the front yard was another poor soul who had to deal with putnam city teenagers looking for alleged satanic hauntings, nothing more than a good christian who had crosses on his land.

2. Default Re: Spookiest places in OKC

I can say that 100 E. California in Bricktown is probably haunted.

I have friends that worked in the building in the late 80's when it was home to 2 Clubs. One of them found a human leg bone in the basement access under the sidewalk access area. You could climb thru a basement window under the sidewalk into drainage area, the bone was found there, which only made the stories of the people who worked in the building of hearing screams, voices and footsteps in the building floors above when no one was there more spooky. The employees ended up never going in alone or if they had to, they would get out as fast as they could.

The police told them the bone was really old and probably from the 20's or 30's. Nothing more was heard about it.

3. Default Re: Spookiest places in OKC

That would be the Kingman Building, where Bourbon Street is.

4. Default Re: Spookiest places in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    That would be the Kingman Building, where Bourbon Street is.
    Not been down there but once since they dug the canal. I think that is it, I have the addy right (still have a flier from the club). S.E. Corner building on Cali and Oklahoma?

I believe its this building. It used to have glass bricks for lower windows down the side, street level. I think they said the bone was found in the front part facing California right under the sidewalk. From the pics online that sidewalk and street is gone now huh?

doesnt look so spooky now..

Default Re: Spookiest places in OKC

Is that building currently occupied? It'd be interesting to find out if there are still reports of spooky activity.

6. Default Re: Spookiest places in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson8 View Post
    Is that building currently occupied? It'd be interesting to find out if there are still reports of spooky activity.
    yes just updated the post with the pic of what is there now..It looks like the cafe is in the spot where the bone was found lol. go ask them and report back for us

7. Default Re: Spookiest places in OKC

according to several old employee's of the old clubs they always heard things from the basement, elevator shaft and 2nd and 3rd floors, also they would hear their name called when no one was around. Cold chills, hearing things being moved.. all kinds of spooky stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by route66gal View Post
    yes just updated the post with the pic of what is there now..It looks like the cafe is in the spot where the bone was found lol. go ask them and report back for us
    I woul, but it's about an 8 hour drive for me (frowny face).

9. Default Re: Spookiest places in OKC

aw I never go down there!

Here is a cool story about Belle Isle when it was still a lake..

Lon Chaney Jr. -Biography

My grandfather, Lon Chaney, Jr. was born Creighton Tull Chaney on February 10, 1906 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He was the son of silent screen star Lon Chaney and Francis Cleveland Creighton (Cleva).

Creighton came into the world prematurely at 7 months on a cold winter day. Young Cleva had a very difficult labor and the baby was born lifeless. After repeated attempts by the doctor to resuscitate the infant, Lon grabbed his son, ran outside and submerged him into the icy waters of Belle Isle Lake reviving the dying infant. Cleva's mother Matilda Creighton (Mattie) a practical nurse in Oklahoma City, assisted the doctor through the birth and helped nurse the infant back to health. Out of necessity, his father created an incubator from a shoe-box lined with cotton and holes punched in it for air and warmth.

this was an interesting thread. Kind of sorry that it went away, maybe all was said that could be about this kind of stuff. Anyone have any new updates on these places or any other interesting stories?

Spookiest place I can think of right now is passed out in the path of any of the multiple fire zones from Gainesville TX and sweeping off to the NE
    Last edited by kevinpate; 04-10-2009 at 04:45 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by route66gal View Post
    Not been down there but once since they dug the canal. I think that is it, I have the addy right (still have a flier from the club). S.E. Corner building on Cali and Oklahoma?

doesnt look so spooky now..

A lot of places wouldn't look spooky if it wasn't for the stories that go along with it.

Has anyone here been to the Dairy. If you go to that maps.live.com site and search for se 4th st & Eckroat st, oklahoma city, ok 73129 you can find it. Although it is partially burnt down now, it's still pretty cool.

has anyone heard of the sunnyside school,its dated back to 1928

no, details chris, is it haunted

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson8 View Post
    Doesn't Mt. Saint Mary High School have a ghost?
    That's the story......on the 4th or 5th floor.........

17. Default Re: Spookiest places in OKC

The line to apply for unemployment.

Just found this on youtube. YouTube - Purple Church

That's a pretty good video. It doesn't seem like the walk is very far from the road judging from it. A daytime video would be awesome.

Yea I agree, one in the daylight would be cool. That one didn't do a whole lot for me b/c it was so dark, but interesting nonetheless.
    Thanks for posting rondvu.
    I guess that land is owned by someone?

spookiest place in okc? ...the corner of n.e. 23rd and MLK,..bars on windows everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by rondvu
    just found this on youtube.
    cool find... thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson
    it doesn't seem like the walk is very far from the road judging from it.
    it seemed a bit short to me when compared to everything i've read... i was thinking it was a bit farther from the road. i'll bet the video was edited for time.

-M

Since I live in Houston a daytime video trip would not be practical. Who's going to volunteer to go film? It's almost Halloween season after all.

I've got a new flip cam so I'll try and make it up there one of these weekends.

I would definitely say the old high school in Moore on Broadway that they turned into a restaurant and shop is haunted. Probably 3-4 years ago I took my daughters there to browse the little shops and the owner gave us a tour of the old school part that is upstairs. It was extremely creepy and I felt cold spots everywhere even though it was the middle of summer and there was no ac on up there.

Both of my daughters and I could not get back downstairs fast enough and as we were leaving we all swear we saw a little girl looking at us from the upstairs window of the school part. There were no other children there.

Thread Information