Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Onion Burgers

Default Onion Burgers

I had an onion burger at Bunny's today and it was really good. I know I have tried many good burger joints in Oklahoma, what are some of your favorites?

Default Re: Onion Burgers

POPS
    Robert (El Reno)
    Bricktown Burgers

I think we should name the team the Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers...wait, wrong forum. Or is it ...

4. Default Re: Onion Burgers

OKC Burgers

The exclusive NBA State Food for Oklahoma can be burgers. Everyone is only served burgers during the games. lol

I can see the Tulsans will be saying OKC Boogers. lol

BTW, is there any Big Ed's still around?

5. Default Re: Onion Burgers

yup, a real good Big Ed's just off of 122nd and Penn, back in the shopping center, just a few doors down from Ajanta.

And Fat Tire up in Edmond has some great burgers, as does Earls BBQ.

i believe that's flat tire in edmond. you must have beer on your mind!

-M

I can't think of the place, I think it's called Tim's there is one in Yukon and one in El Reno. It is really good. Allen's Grill in Bethany was a good onion burger but they are closed now. I haven't tried Bunny's yet but have been wanting to. Although it's a chain Steak and Shake makes a pretty mean steak n onion burger.

Little Mike's on NW Expressway between Wilshire and Rockwell makes a pretty mean onion burger.. Everything is cooked fresh to order Mike is almost always there so the quality and service is always great.

Johnnies (not the okc chain) in El Reno is pretty good. They help make the massive onion burger in El Reno every year.

Prefer Bunny's over Mike's. Food and atmosphere-wise. Mike has toooooooo much propaganda on the walls.

Also, I haven't been there, but the place in Meers is supposed to have great Buffalo burgers.

Nics on Penn
    Sids in Yukon on Rt 66

My family's favorite is Sid's in El Reno. I was listening to XMpr last week and two guys were on talking about a book they wrote on the history of the hamburger. They actually mentioned the onion fried hamburger as being unique to a little town outside of OKC. They did not mention El Reno by name but I knew where they were talking about. They were very complimentery. They even had the host drooling on the air when they described what an "onion fried hamburger"was.

13. Default Re: Onion Burgers

Speaking of fried onions, the Cheesecake Factory next to Penn Square mall fries their onions for the burgers.

Yeah Sids, not Tims, that's what I meant.

And yes, Meers does have good buffalo burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by namellac View Post
    Prefer Bunny's over Mike's. Food and atmosphere-wise. Mike has toooooooo much propaganda on the walls.

Propaganda? The last time I was there it was a bunch of OU stuff, with 50s, 60's themed posters.

The only political thing I remember seeing is his banner he put up before the weekend prior to the NOV 04 election that stated "If John Kerry wins we will be closed on Wednesday."

16. Default Re: Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    i believe that's flat tire in edmond. you must have beer on your mind!

-M
    I am so busted.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    Propaganda? The last time I was there it was a bunch of OU stuff, with 50s, 60's themed posters.

The only political thing I remember seeing is his banner he put up before the weekend prior to the NOV 04 election that stated "If John Kerry wins we will be closed on Wednesday."
    You haven't been there recently then? Aside from the position he is trying to put forth, it looks tacky. He has "quotes" taped up all over the walls. Yes, he has the right to do this, it just looks tacky.

Not to toot my own horn, wait, yes I will. Kobe Onion Burger at Prohibition Room is the best I have had so far. (I am not bias though)

Give it a try

Wink Re: Onion Burgers

Quote Originally Posted by RSA View Post
    (I am not bias though)

RIP

20. Default Re: Onion Burgers

I am partial to Bricktown Burgers. I went there last week, craving an Edison....mmm. This thread is making me hungry and thirsty for a Fat Tire.

Meer's was good that last time I ate there but that has been at least 15 years ago.

Now, if you are looking for a veggie burger, VZD's has a mean black bean burger, perfect with a side of okra.

I believe Robert's is still in Mustang, too...right next to Mustang Munchies, another favorite of mine.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Sid's is pretty good. I like Bunny's though. My arteries are hardening just thinking about it.

Yahoo ranked the Meers burger #3 in the world. Must be good, haven't tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker34 View Post
    Yahoo ranked the Meers burger #3 in the world. Must be good, haven't tried it.

It's alright. I think it's more of the atmosphere that captures people's tastebuds. The meat was really lean, I remember. That's a plus.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    Little Mike's on NW Expressway between Wilshire and Rockwell makes a pretty mean onion burger.. Everything is cooked fresh to order Mike is almost always there so the quality and service is always great.

Johnnies (not the okc chain) in El Reno is pretty good. They help make the massive onion burger in El Reno every year.
    I LOVE Little Mikes!!! Since Abrahams on Western got bought out, I've turned here for a fix. I like that they have the condiment bar so you can get it exactly how you want it. Plus, its family owned and operated. You don't find many quality restaurants like that these days.

It's also my understanding that Little Mike gave Abraham his start flipping burgers when he had another restaurant, downtown I think.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCM View Post
    I believe Robert's is still in Mustang, too...right next to Mustang Munchies, another favorite of mine.
    Where is this I am not familiar with either place?

Thread Information