Widgets Magazine

Thread: I'm glad our oil prices are up for this

Default Re: I'm glad our oil prices are up for this

Makes ya sick, here we are suffering while people are sitting in luxury with naked art on there walls.

Drill here. Drill NOW!
    We have far more reserves than they do.
    Hit them in the pocketbook.
    Lessen our dependance on them by being self reliant.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeOkie View Post
    Drill here. Drill NOW!
    We have far more reserves than they do.
    Hit them in the pocketbook.
    Lessen our dependance on them by being self reliant.
    We actually do not have much oil left here in the U.S.

Bobby, Bobby.
    A product of the public school system...
    Do research.
    Alaska, Colorado and Utah Vast shale oil deposits.
    Coast of California
    All virtually untapped because of legislation.
    No new refineries built in last 30 years.
    Hey let's be like France, the majority of their energy comes from Nuclear.
    We can not get a plant built here.
    Government regulation is what has caused this, along with increased usage in China and India.
    Do you know how much is taken out of every gallon in taxes?
    Let the feds lower the gas prices by decreasing the amount of tax per gallon.
    Look it up please before you react.
    You type faster than you drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby821 View Post
    Makes ya sick, here we are suffering while people are sitting in luxury with naked art on there walls.
    Bobby, not to lash at you (Certainly that's happened enough today) but why are people so quick to demonize? I mean, we act as if those making money out of high oil prices are somehow greedy. See YouTube - The Economy . But if you can afford to charge a price, and people will pay it, why would you charge less? I mean, If people would pay $100,000 for a Ford Focus, do you think Ford would lower the price just to be nice? If that were the case, there'd be a limited supply of cheap US oil selling at $30 a barrel.

If you don't want to pay it, don't. Ask yourself if the price is too expensive to make up for the expense of driving. Again, I'm not talking to you, Bobby. Drilling's a fine answer; it won't work a lick, but at least it gets to the point. Prices will come down only when people decide not to pay them. They are plenty of people "suffering" around the world that do not fill up their SUV every week. We just need to ask ourselves if we want to make that sacrifice and become one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeOkie View Post
    Bobby, Bobby.
    A product of the public school system...
    Do research.
    Alaska, Colorado and Utah Vast shale oil deposits.
    Coast of California
    All virtually untapped because of legislation.
    No new refineries built in last 30 years.
    Hey let's be like France, the majority of their energy comes from Nuclear.
    We can not get a plant built here.
    Government regulation is what has caused this, along with increased usage in China and India.
    Do you know how much is taken out of every gallon in taxes?
    Let the feds lower the gas prices by decreasing the amount of tax per gallon.
    Look it up please before you react.
    You type faster than you drive.
    By the way, I think its low to insult people's education, but should you feel it necessary, go ahead. I went to public school, Suncoast Community High School: Best High Schools - USNews.com . In any case, there's a difference between oil reserves and oil deposits, and there's a ton of oil there but its not so easily extractable. In fact, most experts will agree that without subsidies, its not worth extracting unless oil stays above $100 /barrel. And that is assuming there are a trillion barrels of oil there. Do you really think if there were such a silver bullet, no one would have done so, already? And there are companies using oil shale, but it doesn't instantly add billions of barrels to supply, and its not going to stop China and India from wanting more.

Point taken on the public school comment.
    I was joking, Forget at times it is hard to tell on blogs.
    I withdraw the remark.
    The point is and was there are things we can do, that we are not doing.

We have plenty of energy sources in the US, it is just that we can get it cheaper from the middle east.

Just because there is oil in the ground somewhere, doesn't mean it is profitable to drill it.

Just because there is alternative energy, doesn't mean that it is competitive.

As the price of oil goes up, so does the amount of our options.

The biggest problem we have is the value of our dollar, not the price of oil.

Yep, it is about time to sit in your cold dark house waiting to die unable to afford groceries to feed yourself or gas to be able to drive to your job or electricity to heat and cool your house or cook your food etc. nothing to do but just wait to die :-( while the rich snobby investors reap there mighty profits at the expense and lives of there fellow americans. very sad

Yep, it is about time to sit in your cold dark house waiting to die unable to afford groceries to feed yourself or gas to be able to drive to your job or electricity to heat and cool your house or cook your food etc. nothing to do but just wait to die :-(
    WAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just got back from China 3 weeks ago and this is the most laughable drivel I've ever heard!!!

In fact Canada has possibly the largest oil field in the world. But the problem is that North American oil is very dirty compared to Middle Eastern oil. The oil here has to have the heck refined out of it to make it usable, and that's very expensive. Refinement costs money... I don't know that we will ever see a price point on it that is competitive with Mideast Oil.

Thread Information