Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bass Pro Question

1. Default Bass Pro Question

I know most of us get green in the face over how little impact bass pro has had on bricktown and how poorly designed it is.

My question is why didn't they build the store next the the canal with a portion of the canal actually going inside Bass Pro. That would have been pretty cool. Instead you have a huge surface lot canal side and the store is set back quite a ways.

What do you guys think about widening and deepening that small stream that goes from the canal to the bass pro and have that be some kind of canal expansion, with the Bass Pro being the anchor on that leg of the canal. Then build retail and such on both sides of the canal with walkways and canal side cafe's and such. Then on the north side of the retail have a nice parking garage between the retail and south of reno.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Bass Pro Question

i think its a great idea

Take a look at Iowa and Missouri with the flooding of the Mississippi.
    There may be a flood plain issue with the city.
    Just a thought.

Sorry, not seeing it myself. Although, I do wish they wouldhave made multi-level parking in front of BP, and not taken the parking as far south as they did and also not made parking to almost on the edge of the canal.

Of course, crosstown needs notwithstanding, routing the new road between the BT canal and the regatta park river spur is just the silliest idea I've seen in a while. It's damaged the asthetics of both

5. Default Re: Bass Pro Question

It's a good idea. It's been proposed before and I don't think it's too far fetched. I don't think you necessarily need to deepen the stream though.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeOkie View Post
    Take a look at Iowa and Missouri with the flooding of the Mississippi.
    There may be a flood plain issue with the city.
    Just a thought.
    The Bricktown Canal is in no way connected to any body of water (ie; Oklahoma River).

No flood concerns. I believe the canal also has a system in place to deal with large amounts of rain, if that were to ever be a problem.

7. Default Re: Bass Pro Question

I support this.

Buildings must exist between parking and the canal...period.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The Bricktown Canal is in no way connected to any body of water (ie; Oklahoma River).

No flood concerns. I believe the canal also has a system in place to deal with large amounts of rain, if that were to ever be a problem.
    Yet, I believe future plans are to expand the canal further south towards the Chesapeake boathouse area and go under the new I-40 bridge. I don't think it will actually touch water to water though, but close.

9. Default Re: Bass Pro Question

The end of the canal is staying where it is. The Oklahoma River will pass underneath I-40, not the canal.

10. Default Re: Bass Pro Question

cuatro, I was just looking at some aerials, and wondering where the Oklahoma River will pass under I-40? Are you talking about that little spur that goes past the light tower?

the bridge is already built for it, it was the fist thing built over a year ago

12. Default Re: Bass Pro Question

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    cuatro, I was just looking at some aerials, and wondering where the Oklahoma River will pass under I-40? Are you talking about that little spur that goes past the light tower?
    Go to Web browser and Live Maps are incompatible and zoon in and select aerial. The bridge that is under construction north of the boathouse and cove is where the river is to pass under the expressway.

Thread Information