Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic

Default Re: 1st Sonic

the newest Sonic couple, el cheapo and his missus, ought to be sent back to the minors.
    They are horrid. I like the two guys, and I miss baldy geek and his spouse.

I don't know what pit at Draper they use to dump the bodies in, but the current couple need to be tossed in right on top of that terrible female duo they tried to use a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    Hmm. I'm sorry I love Sonic for being good to Oklahoma and it has a ton of variety but they're food is so bland...

Maybe... but is the food really what Sonic is for??? I've been going to Sonic all my life and I've only gotten more than a drink maybe 5% of those times... and if I did it was only tater tots, pickle-o's, or cheddar bites. Most people I know go for drinks.

Mmmmmm... I wish they still had pickle-o's!!! Remember how if you didn't let them cool enough you'd bite into one and the pickle (which was approximately the temperature of the Sun) would come out and burn the hell out of your lip !!!

It was a risk worth taking.

I agree, Sonic, has mediocre food. I mean really, do you have to put cheap processed fake American cheese on everything? Why can't we get real shredded cheddar on a chili cheese coney or tots? Why can't you put real cheese on a burger? And pickle o's, yes I wish they would bring them back!

Maybe Sonic should open up shop in Seattle!! LOL,too early?

5. Default Re: 1st Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I agree, Sonic, has mediocre food. I mean really, do you have to put cheap processed fake American cheese on everything? Why can't we get real shredded cheddar on a chili cheese coney or tots? Why can't you put real cheese on a burger? And pickle o's, yes I wish they would bring them back!
    Jesus people, it's cheap, fast food. If you want real shredded cheddar on a chili cheese coney, go get a frankfurter from Johnnie's.

Snobs...

Last time I was at Sonic, I ordered a footlong coney, and I told them I wanted to substitute out the cheese for caviar. They told me they didn't have caviar there. "What, you expect me to put my own caviar on the coney dog?! Well you can forget it!" I was so pissed, you guys. Just unbelievable. You'll get no more of my business, Sonic.

Except for the 99-cent Rt. 44 Diet Cherry Limeades during Happy Hour.

Pot, this is kettle, you're black...........

I've got a hankering for fried spam. Ymmmm.

[QUOTE=dmoor82;258477]Maybe Sonic should open up shop in Seattle!! LOL,too early?or do they already have some?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Pot, this is kettle, you're black...........
    Seriously, though, uh, "metro," if you haven't yet tried a Chili Cheese Caviar Coney, my boy, you are in for a treat. Sure, you'll have to provide your own caviar (and cheese), but once you do, you'll never want it any other way. Simply deelish.

I prefer mine with a nice single malt Scotch.

I loved pickle-o's too. Remember the plastic, elephant, giraffe and mermaid they would put on your drinks? We used to line them up on my visors. Better than that dried up ol mint they give now. Click below

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.5515870.jpg

Wow!!..I haven't seen those plastic animals since the 60's. They had them at several different drive-ins back then. How did you find them?

14. Default Re: 1st Sonic

dont mean to get off track, but kk has already been mentioned. ive been wondering what happened to all the locations. theres only 1 or 2 and i could swear a few years ago there were more.

There were only three that I remember, 240 & Penn, Memorial & Penn and I-35 in Norman. The one in Norman closed a few years back.

I looked into a Sonic franchise for Southern Cal (in the entire area of 20 million, the only existing site was an oldie in Ahaheim) and was told they had recently sold all the rights for the region.

So, glad to see some are finally starting to open.

Don't care much for the food, but love the drinks. I've thought for a long time this concept would be a slam-dunk in California.

Sonic Boom Goes off in Santee
    By ERIC S. PAGE
    Updated 5:30 PM PDT, Mon, Apr 6, 2009

One man told the Union-Tribune he took a vacation day on Monday to eat at Sonic.
    Mickey Torres

Traffic was heavy Monday at San Diego's newest favorite dining spot.

A VIP and ribbon-cutting event with the Santee Mayor Randy Voepel was held Saturday, and on Sunday, friends and family were invited to a training day to help new Sonic crew members sharpen their skills. The public finally got their bite at the burger on Monday, and they had plenty of competition for food at the location in the 10500 block of Mission Gorge Road in Santee.

Customers reportedly began lining up at 6 a.m., waiting four hours to order. When the eatery opened at 10, there were 125 lined up, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

At Sonic, customers park in their own drive-in stall and push a red button on the menu board to place orders from their car. (How cool is that?) Carhops then deliver orders to customers in their cars or sitting on the patio.

Does that make you hungry? The drive-in is open from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., April 6-12. Starting next Monday, the drive-in will be open from 5:30 a.m. to midnight.

Customers who order a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings and a cherry limeade get a surprising "side" that may go unnoticed: According to the Sonic nutritional chart , a large combo of those three items would set you back 1,760 calories.

There is a wide range of factors in determining how many calories one should consume on a daily basis, but in England, the government suggests the following figures for people maintaining their weight: 2,500 calories a day for men and 2,000 calories a day for women.

If you're truly counting the calories, you may want to avoid Sonic's 20-ounce Peanut Butter Shake, which at 1010 calories, takes the Sonic prize for most caloric item on the menu.

While, everyone deserves to splurge now and again, health experts recommend against frequent fast-food visits. Researchers increasingly point a finger at fast food chains in general for their role in America's obesity epidemic.

Sonic enthusiasts looking for healthier alternatives might try a grilled chicken salad (310 calories) or a Sonic burrito (370 calories).

Good, send some of that California money our way.

All this fuss about a drive-in burger joint in a state that is iconic with drive-in burger joints.

That's just crazy to wait hours to order. Those Californias be nutty.

All this fuss about a drive-in burger joint in a state that is iconic with drive-in burger joints.
    Like everywhere, there are plenty of drive-thrus but precious few drive-ins. IN fact, I can't think of any that are anywhere near me.

Also, Sonic has been doing national advertising for a few years now, so there is pretty good brand awareness.

This is why you are fat.

Okay, now I'm starving.

my sister lives in san diego and told me all about it, she grew up here, so she lovoes it, she said itsa big hit out there as well

Gen, I went to YAHOO images and typed in plastic mermaids.

Thread Information