Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic

1. Default Re: Sonic??? Really??/

Why do you care so much? I thought it was funny. Move on.

Default Re: Sonic??? Really??/

Um, what about the center formerly known as Ford? Where is AT&T/SBC based? What about Cox?

Morons

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    "Yessa Master..." doesn't even make sense in any context as a response to the post.
    I agree, in fact, I sense a little racism too. I think we got a racist on our hands...

(Well, that should get this thread to at least 4-5 pages)

Quote Originally Posted by Swake2 View Post
    Um, what about the center formerly known as Ford? Where is AT&T/SBC based? What about Cox?

Morons
    I has OKCTalk Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Swake2 View Post
    The Ford Center was actually named that from the Oklahoma Ford Dealers group and not Ford Motor Company of Dearborn, Michigan although I am sure they had some level of approval for the deal.
    AT&T is based out of Dallas having moved the HQ from San Antonio a few years back, when they put their name on the AT&T Center (formerly SBC Center) they were based in San Antonio.
    Cox Communications is based out of Atlanta.

I understand what you are saying, after all American Airlines has naming rights in Dallas (their HQ) and Miami (a major hub). The Delta Center in Salt Lake City is named after the airline based in Atlanta. I think it is an overblown thing that some Sonic franchisees put their name on a t-shirt for the Grizzlies, corporations do that stuff all the time and those built on franchising have the potential for it to happen maybe more often.

For those of you who haven’t read a franchise agreement before, they’re unbelievably lengthy and complex. They require dozens of pages to simply address immediate operational and administrative matters. There’s no way that you could expand the marketing & advertising section to include a list of hypothetical prohibitions such as T-shirts at a home NBA playoff game in which a team from the franchisee’s ADI (look it up) is playing a team from the franchisor’s ADI. What about ball caps? What about a team in the lingerie football league? What about a separately-incorporated Memphis suburb? What about…?

Exclamation Good news and bad news at Sonic

Which do you want first? XD I was at a Sonic just now and they just put up new menu boards in the drive-in stalls. I got to looking at it and noticed some changes. First of all, Pickle-O's are back on the menu! I have to admit, I've never had their pickles but I know people who love them so I guess this is good news for those people who've missed them. I will make a point of trying them sometime.

The bad news for me is that they no longer have the Jr. Fritos Chili Cheese Wrap. This seriously sucks for me because the JFCCW is one of the few things I like on their menu. And it was really cheap, too. I guess not enough people were ordering them or something, which is too bad, because they were delicious. Oh well. Maybe someday they can bring that back the way they brought back Pickle-O's!

7. Default Re: Good news and bad news at Sonic

Sonic has limited spaces, so they rotate the specials.

Default Re: Good news and bad news at Sonic

They might still make them for you. Just ask

Quote Originally Posted by barry luxton View Post
    which do you want first? Xd i was at a sonic just now and they just put up new menu boards in the drive-in stalls. I got to looking at it and noticed some changes. First of all, pickle-o's are back on the menu! I have to admit, i've never had their pickles but i know people who love them so i guess this is good news for those people who've missed them. I will make a point of trying them sometime.

The bad news for me is that they no longer have the jr. Fritos chili cheese wrap. This seriously sucks for me because the jfccw is one of the few things i like on their menu. And it was really cheap, too. I guess not enough people were ordering them or something, which is too bad, because they were delicious. :smiley099 oh well. Maybe someday they can bring that back the way they brought back pickle-o's!
    pickle o's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Default Re: Good news and bad news at Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    They might still make them for you. Just ask
    Yeah, they have all the ingredients to make that happen, most likely. If you ask nicely, the worst they can say is no.
    Still corrupting young minds

A lot of places do continue making items if they have all the ingredients.

http://consumerist.com/2007/02/the-r...enu-items.html

12. Default Re: Good news and bad news at Sonic

Wife loves Pickle-O's. Though she has now become a fan of the fried pickle spears at Mutt's.

The best pickle-Os were always at the Classic 50s drive-in in Norman.

Oh jeez I guess I'm not the only one who misses some classic menu items because I'm reading Sonic's FB page and it sounds like they took a bunch more stuff off the menu.

http://www.facebook.com/sonicdrivein

Someone even set up a Facebook hate page for the missing stuff, too

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonic-...18774751478702

Sonic has always had one of the most diverse menus of any fast food place and like all of them adds and subtracts menu items all of the time. It would be impossible to make everyone happy with their decisions about menu changes.

Sonic got a new president or head person whatever they want to call them. JFCCW was a value menu item. If you notice they are dumping the value menu idea. He wants to go away from the cheap eat and back to the higher quality and good food that made them famous years ago. Said they dont want to compete with the McDonalds and other places, they want to have a better level of food than that and to do it means you got to ax the value menu and improve the food which also raises the cost. Hopefully folks will buy into it and not stop going to the stores, only time will tell.

17. Default Re: Good news and bad news at Sonic

lolololol Extremely horrible time to be dumping value menus with these ongoing economy. Sonic executives will be reading this and realize before choking on what they had done. Yup, they screwed up.

18. Default Re: Good news and bad news at Sonic

interesting number of fans that sonic facebook has (first three numbers). ....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Value items were smaller serving sizes so I don't know how quality of the item would be a factor, just the quantity. Being in between jobs myself, I am looking at the $1 menu more often than not. If it isn't even an option, then that establishment isn't an option either.

As others have pointed out, just because it isn't on the menu anymore doesn't mean they don't have it. Taco Bell had the Frito Burrito for several years after they took it off the menu board. And the current trend is not listing every time they have. Many places have gone over to picture menus and only combo meals and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog1 View Post
    Sonic got a new president or head person whatever they want to call them. JFCCW was a value menu item. If you notice they are dumping the value menu idea. He wants to go away from the cheap eat and back to the higher quality and good food that made them famous years ago. Said they dont want to compete with the McDonalds and other places, they want to have a better level of food than that and to do it means you got to ax the value menu and improve the food which also raises the cost. Hopefully folks will buy into it and not stop going to the stores, only time will tell.
    I don't think they're ditching the value menu concept. After all, they're still featuring their Everyday Deals on their new menus and on their website. It's just that the JFCCW isn't part of it anymore. And that's what's so terrible about all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    As others have pointed out, just because it isn't on the menu anymore doesn't mean they don't have it. Taco Bell had the Frito Burrito for several years after they took it off the menu board. And the current trend is not listing every time they have. Many places have gone over to picture menus and only combo meals and the like.
    If the only thing they need Fritos for is the JFCCW, and they're not offering that anymore, then they don't need to order Fritos anymore, either. And if they don't have Fritos anymore, then they wouldn't be able to make an "off-the-menu" Jr. Fritos Chili Cheese Wrap anymore, even by special request. Just a Jr. Chili Cheese Wrap. And who wants that?

That is what I am saying. As far as I know, Taco Bell only used Fritos in the Frito Burrito yet they kept ordering Fritos and making them even after being taken off the menu board (which doesn't make a lot of sense to me). Doesn't Sonic still have Fritos for the Frito Chili Pie (or did they get rid of that too)? If they don't have the full size, smaller may be better than nothing at all and can always get multiples. I agree the ratio of wrap to ingredients goes up (more end pieces) than with the larger version, but when the craving hits....

on edit, maybe it is the smaller size wrap used that is taking the hit on this (they don't use it for anything else) and the full sized is still available if they have the fritos (chili pie) and large wraps (breakfast burritos) etc??? Know Taco Bueno used to have Taco Burgers but since they only used buns for that one item not enough would get ordered leading to higher food waste/costs. So that may play into it too.

Sonic used to have the best peanut butter shake. I haven't been able to find one in years, despite some Sonic employees (teenagers leading me on!) telling me that other locations make them. If any of you know of a location that will make me a peanut butter shake, you'd better tell me.

23. Default Re: Good news and bad news at Sonic

I looked at the menu while getting a drink the other day, and I didn't see the frito chili pie on the menu anywhere. You could always ask. Some locations do things others don't.
    Still corrupting young minds

You know what, I don't even care about this anymore. The JFCCW is one of the few foodstuffs I actually like at Sonic, but I'm trying to watch my figure, and I've decided that maybe their removal from the menu is actually a blessing in disguise. It's just one less thing for me to gorge on while I'm ordering my Route 44® drink during Happy Hour, which is just about the only reason I ever go to Sonic in the first place.

This is Sonic's loss, not mine. I'll keep ordering my drinks there and just go somewhere else to eat, somewhere where the food's a lot better and healthier than Sonic's, anyway. Shouldn't be that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Luxton View Post
    You know what, I don't even care about this anymore. The JFCCW is one of the few foodstuffs I actually like at Sonic, but I'm trying to watch my figure, and I've decided that maybe their removal from the menu is actually a blessing in disguise. It's just one less thing for me to gorge on while I'm ordering my Route 44® drink during Happy Hour, which is just about the only reason I ever go to Sonic in the first place.

This is Sonic's loss, not mine. I'll keep ordering my drinks there and just go somewhere else to eat, somewhere where the food's a lot better and healthier than Sonic's, anyway. Shouldn't be that hard.
    It doesn't sound like healthy food has been a big concern to you until now. And Sonic has healthy choices available if that's what you're really interested in. I assume that you know that healthy food is not a forte for fast food places anyway and most people know that before they go there.
    I suspect that if the only reason you really ever went to Sonic was for a loss leader Happy Hour drink they won't miss your business too much.

Thread Information