Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic

Default Re: Sonic - NWX and N May

My sis has worked for the largest owner of Sonic drive-ins for many years. You can be sure the local owner (sometimes called a "partner") is very interested in making you happy. Find out who owns that particular drive in and let them know what it will take to make you happy. Poorly run restaurants, no matter the sign out front, are not profitable restaurants and profit is why they own them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    How can I get my shake? They never took my order in the first place. They ignored the honk signaling a deaf customer needing assistance. They ignored the push button. They did nothing. Talking on the phone, throwing things around in there. You should've seen the black lab dog inside!
    I've heard of people throwing up after eating at the Sonic, so the situation could have been worse.

You'll hear about people throwing up after eating anywhere. Very rarely is it 1) honestly because of the food and 2) is indicative of some larger issue rather than just a simple mishap somewhere along the very long line of people handling that product.

I once threw up after eating Taco Bueno. I was, and still kind of am, certain that the food was the cause. However, I had been eating their for years prior and have eaten there in the years since. No further issues.

Default Sonic??? Really??/

Sponsoring the shirts for the Grizzlies?
    http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/gr...ame-3-saturday

5. Default Re: Sonic??? Really??/

This was discussed on the Sports Animal this morning. It is apparently a collection of local Memphis area franchisees, if I understood correctly. Nothing wrong with that.

Default Re: Sonic??? Really??/

They're most likely franchised Sonic's. There's no way on earth a company headquartered in OKC would sponsor the opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    They're most likely franchised Sonics. There's no way on earth a company headquartered in OKC would sponsor the opponent.
    Probably is, but it would be nice if there could have been a clause in the contracts not allowing this sort of thing. Maybe something that would prohibit francise owners from sponsoring a team or organization that is in direct competition with OKC.....just a thought. But I can't blame the franchisee for wanting to get their name out there......in the end it still supports OKC I suppose (just not the Thunder).

^Why on Earth would Sonic do that?

Just think of all of those extra tater tots sold in Memphis that support jobs in OKC. Should make it extra satisfying when we close out the series and advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Why on Earth would Sonic do that?
    I have no idea.....was just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    That's what I was trying to say.
    Doug, I was in the process of typing my response, obviously, at the same time you were. When I chose to reply to the original poster, there were no other posts, lol.

12. Default Re: Sonic??? Really??/

Come on guys, this is small town thinking. It shouldn't matter even if it was done right out of Sonic headquarters here in Oklahoma City. Should FedEx sponsor teams based only in Memphis? McDonald's for teams based only in Chicago? Coca-Cola only for teams in Atlanta? It's no different for Sonic. Frito-Lay is another example - should they also market and promote teams only from Dallas? Sonic is a national corporation just like the others mentioned, it's pretty small thinking to believe they should only market sports teams in Oklahoma City. At some point, the teams playing out of the headquarters of these cities will be playing teams also sponsored by these same companies. It's not an act of betrayal or disloyalty - it means they're a major player in their respective business and don't think about the possibilities their "hometown teams" might play a team they have marketing and promotional programs with. It's no big deal. It shows only that Sonic is now a major corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Come on guys, this is small town thinking. It shouldn't matter even if it was done right out of Sonic headquarters here in Oklahoma City. Should FedEx sponsor teams based only in Memphis? McDonald's for teams based only in Chicago? Coca-Cola only for teams in Atlanta? It's no different for Sonic. Frito-Lay is another example - should they also market and promote teams only from Dallas? Sonic is a national corporation just like the others mentioned, it's pretty small thinking to believe they should only market sports teams in Oklahoma City. At some point, the teams playing out of the headquarters of these cities will be playing teams also sponsored by these same companies. It's not an act of betrayal or disloyalty - it means they're a major player in their respective business and don't think about the possibilities their "hometown teams" might play a team they have marketing and promotional programs with. It's no big deal. It shows only that Sonic is now a major corporation.
    Yessa Master...

14. Default Re: Sonic??? Really??/

Yessa Master...
    I personally think MikeOKC is spot on and have no idea what your reply was even trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by swilki View Post
    Probably is, but it would be nice if there could have been a clause in the contracts not allowing this sort of thing. Maybe something that would prohibit francise owners from sponsoring a team or organization that is in direct competition with OKC.....just a thought. But I can't blame the franchisee for wanting to get their name out there......in the end it still supports OKC I suppose (just not the Thunder).
    When you think people couldn't possibly get any dumber, you read stuff like this to confirm that they definitely can.

16. Default Re: Sonic??? Really??/

Now if there were any Sonic locations in Seattle to promote the NBA, then we'd see some fireworks. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by windowphobe View Post
    Now if there were any Sonic locations in Seattle to promote the NBA, then we'd see some fireworks. Or something.
    Maybe we could get the local Starbucks locations to start promoting the Thunder? That would be fun. LOL

Who cares!Let's just have FedEx sponser our next Home game!

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Maybe we could get the local Starbucks locations to start promoting the Thunder? That would be fun. LOL
    What, all 4 of them that are left? lol

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I personally think MikeOKC is spot on and have no idea what your reply was even trying to say.
    It's called sarcasm. It was me being facetious. Don't take it so seriously.

Common sense prevails with my view of the situation—which is to say, this is very much a non-issue, or should be anyway (though I'd be lying if I didn't admit that deep down I feel the slightest bit "amusingly irritated" that the Sonic logo is on the shirts, despite who exactly put it there). People are acting as if the mere presence of the logo will give the Grizzlies a competitive advantage.

Unfortunately, it does seem to be an issue that has taken hold. A look at Sonic's Facebook page shows reply after reply of indignant patrons, many absolving themselves of any further interest in Sonic And So Forth, with one post reporting that a location that is usually busy had but one car last evening. Definitely, without regard to the fact that this should be a non-issue, this is a messy PR cleanup at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Free Won't View Post
    ... Definitely, without regard to the fact that this should be a non-issue, this is a messy PR cleanup at best.
    Nah, you can't fix stupid.

Fortunately for the company though, stupid often has a short attention span. It probably won't take more than another day or two for the masses to find something new and equally irrelevant to obsess over. At that point, the silliness of some local folk being outraged because some Memphis area fast food franchisee folk support their local team will be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Free Won't View Post
    Common sense prevails with my view of the situation—which is to say, this is very much a non-issue, or should be anyway (though I'd be lying if I didn't admit that deep down I feel the slightest bit "amusingly irritated" that the Sonic logo is on the shirts, despite who exactly put it there). People are acting as if the mere presence of the logo will give the Grizzlies a competitive advantage.

Unfortunately, it does seem to be an issue that has taken hold. A look at Sonic's Facebook page shows reply after reply of indignant patrons, many absolving themselves of any further interest in Sonic And So Forth, with one post reporting that a location that is usually busy had but one car last evening. Definitely, without regard to the fact that this should be a non-issue, this is a messy PR cleanup at best.
    It's because most people are idiots who know nothing about how business operates......the concept of separately owned franchises is something beyond their comprehension.

24. Default Re: Sonic??? Really??/

It's called sarcasm. It was me being facetious. Don't take it so seriously.
    "Yessa Master..." doesn't even make sense in any context as a response to the post.

Thread Information