Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic

Default Re: 1st Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    This is why you are fat.

No, Braum's Strawberry shakes are why some of us are Fat. If the above, and other fast food was more tasty, the shakes wouldn't be necessary to wash away the taste.

Braum's be why I'm fat, but I does admit I prefer that method to that of Ron White's dawg.

Quote Originally Posted by rondvu View Post
    Gen, I went to YAHOO images and typed in plastic mermaids.
    I can't imagine what must have come up along with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Sonic Boom Goes off in Santee
    By ERIC S. PAGE
    Updated 5:30 PM PDT, Mon, Apr 6, 2009

One man told the Union-Tribune he took a vacation day on Monday to eat at Sonic.
    Mickey Torres

Traffic was heavy Monday at San Diego's newest favorite dining spot.

A VIP and ribbon-cutting event with the Santee Mayor Randy Voepel was held Saturday, and on Sunday, friends and family were invited to a training day to help new Sonic crew members sharpen their skills. The public finally got their bite at the burger on Monday, and they had plenty of competition for food at the location in the 10500 block of Mission Gorge Road in Santee.

Customers reportedly began lining up at 6 a.m., waiting four hours to order. When the eatery opened at 10, there were 125 lined up, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

At Sonic, customers park in their own drive-in stall and push a red button on the menu board to place orders from their car. (How cool is that?) Carhops then deliver orders to customers in their cars or sitting on the patio.

Does that make you hungry? The drive-in is open from 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., April 6-12. Starting next Monday, the drive-in will be open from 5:30 a.m. to midnight.

Customers who order a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings and a cherry limeade get a surprising "side" that may go unnoticed: According to the Sonic nutritional chart , a large combo of those three items would set you back 1,760 calories.

There is a wide range of factors in determining how many calories one should consume on a daily basis, but in England, the government suggests the following figures for people maintaining their weight: 2,500 calories a day for men and 2,000 calories a day for women.

If you're truly counting the calories, you may want to avoid Sonic's 20-ounce Peanut Butter Shake, which at 1010 calories, takes the Sonic prize for most caloric item on the menu.

While, everyone deserves to splurge now and again, health experts recommend against frequent fast-food visits. Researchers increasingly point a finger at fast food chains in general for their role in America's obesity epidemic.

Sonic enthusiasts looking for healthier alternatives might try a grilled chicken salad (310 calories) or a Sonic burrito (370 calories).
    Weren't drive ins just like Sonic a hot and popular thing in California decades ago?

That was about 50 years ago. Since then, they've all pretty much died out.

I literally have never seen one out here. Pretty amazing! And a great opportunity for Sonic.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDirt717 View Post
    When I was living in DC the closest sonic was in Baltimore, MD.
    Rumour has it from a semi-reliable source that a Sonic is blooming on the Eastern Shore of Maryland (just outside of Annapolis, but on the other side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge).

Where was the one in Balto-more?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    That was about 50 years ago. Since then, they've all pretty much died out.

I literally have never seen one out here. Pretty amazing! And a great opportunity for Sonic.
    With such great year round weather in the most populated areas of Oklahoma, I would think that Sonic would do pretty dang great.

7. Default Sonic - NWX and N May

Does anybody know what's going on at the Sonic location on Northwest Expressway just west of May? The last 3 or 4 times we've been there (within the past month) it has been understaffed, out of certain ingredients, unbelievably s-l-o-w, unfriendly and it's managed chaos at best. Is this location under new management? A new franchise? We've been going to this Sonic for years and it's always been a great location. The way it's been lately though -- something is obviously going on. Anybody in the know?

8. Default Re: Sonic - NWX and N May

Is this the one next to a car wash on south side of the street? I was there yesterday for butterfinger shake, but when I pushed the button for someone to come out....nothing. There was this guy standing in front of the big window just talking to someone thru his headphone. Seriously, this guy sat there talking and laughing while I was pressing the button and honking the horn very angrily. He did not even notice it! Another worker inside was playing around. I saw one black car left in an angry rage and a few others waited then left so fast. Before I left, I honked so long and flipped them off.

Default Re: Sonic - NWX and N May

Sonics are very hit and miss, which is why I hardly ever go to them. 23rd and Penn is definitely one of the misses.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Is this the one next to a car wash on south side of the street? I was there yesterday for butterfinger shake, but when I pushed the button for someone to come out....nothing. There was this guy standing in front of the big window just talking to someone thru his headphone. Seriously, this guy sat there talking and laughing while I was pressing the button and honking the horn very angrily. He did not even notice it! Another worker inside was playing around. I saw one black car left in an angry rage and a few others waited then left so fast. Before I left, I honked so long and flipped them off.
    Thunder, a much better solution would have been to contact Sonic headquarters with your complaint. They always want to know about problems and don't want unhappy customers. I just had an issue with a chain restaurant where I ate on Monday. Instead of throwing a tantrum in the restaurant and causing a scene, I contacted the corporate headquarters by email when I got home. Today I received a phone call from the local restaurant manager apologizing for the problem and offering me some compensation to show me that he valued me as a customer and wanted me to return.

I hope for your sake you left BEFORE getting food cause that kind of behavior is what will get your food spit in - or worse.

12. Default Re: Sonic - NWX and N May

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarkstar View Post
    I hope for your sake you left BEFORE getting food cause that kind of behavior is what will get your food spit in - or worse.
    How can I get my shake? They never took my order in the first place. They ignored the honk signaling a deaf customer needing assistance. They ignored the push button. They did nothing. Talking on the phone, throwing things around in there. You should've seen the black lab dog inside!

How can I get my shake? They never took my order in the first place. They ignored the honk signaling a deaf customer needing assistance. They ignored the push button. They did nothing. Talking on the phone, throwing things around in there. You should've seen the black lab dog inside!
    Thunder, as I said previously, if they have problems dealing with orders from a deaf person, that is something that the company headquarters definitely needs to know about and I hope you will let them know. Getting angry while you're at the location probably won't solve anything but the headquarters can and will get the problem addressed.

14. Default Re: Sonic - NWX and N May

I will inform them. it was not just for me. There was other cars speeding away fast cuz of those jerks.

15. Default Re: Sonic - NWX and N May

Back to the topic........

(Though I agree with ljbab, that's not the way to deal with problems.)

Does anybody know of changes at NWX and May? That Sonic has been solid for years and it's taken a nosedive in my last few visits.

16. Default Re: Sonic - NWX and N May

It has always been on topic, Mike.

Its managed by kids now.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Sonics are very hit and miss, which is why I hardly ever go to them. 23rd and Penn is definitely one of the misses.
    Could not agree more about Sonics being "very hit and miss"; we visit them all the time around the metro.

The BEST one is at SW 89th & May. If we want to order food, that's the only place we'll go. However, drink orders properly done can be found at several locations. When we strike out and get a "bad" Sonic, of which there are plenty!, we just don't go back to them.

And yes, the one on the Northwest Expressway is TERRIBLE! We won't go back to it!

Number One on my "Worst Sonic" list has to be the one at Will Rogers World Airport. Horrible management in terms of ordering enough supplies to get the crew through the weekend - no cheese, no onion rings, no onions (which didn't hurt my feelings) no bunch-of-other-stuff that should have been a no-brainer to keep in plentiful supply...all on a Sunday afternoon! I could only imagine what the Monday morning breakfast crowd would have to deal with.

19. Default Re: Sonic - NWX and N May

It has always been on topic, Mike.

Its managed by kids now.
    Thunder, The Sonic you are talking about is NW 39th. I'm talking about NWX and May.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Thunder, The Sonic you are talking about is NW 39th. I'm talking about NWX and May.
    hmmm. . . .that's "my" Sonic (NW 39th between Meridian and Portland(. . .never had a problem. Don't go every day, but a couple times a month maybe.
    Last edited by foodiefan; 09-08-2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: clarification

21. Default Re: Sonic - NWX and N May

We have found that the best Sonic to buy food at is the Sonic on MLK Blvd by the Tinseltown Theater. The food is always fresh there and the people nice to do business with. The Sonic by my house at 78th and N May must have the worst food. You can use the burger meat for a frisbee it's so hard and way over cooked. We go there for drinks and ice cream, but that's about it.

22. Default Re: Sonic - NWX and N May

Makes you wonder about standards from the Sonic corporate office. As far as the quality of food is concerned, there shouldn't be a difference at all. We can all find differences in the way certain McDonald's are managed, etc. but the food tastes the same whether you're in Oklahoma City or Bangor, ME.

23. Default Re: Sonic - NWX and N May

It was alluded to earlier in the thread but people who see situations such as this need to make an effort to learn how to complain to the corporate office. Most companies of any size have customer feedback emails or similar processes that are often quite effective. I recently complained to Brinker about a Macaroni Grill here in Denver that has been chronically understaffed. The people there were great but 20% of the tables were empty because they didn't have enough wait staff.

I wrote a complaint to Brinker and made it clear I wasn't wanting anything back - just that in the current economy with 10% of the workforce unemployed, it was immoral to have insufficient staff for the amount of business walking in their door. I received a personal phone call from the western region senior VP and assurance they would have more staff in place within a couple of weeks.

God I love sonic.. The one on May ave near memorial is always consistently good.

I don't know anything about the particular Sonic in the initial post but I eat at quite a few Sonics and they are very hit and miss with many more experiences being in the "miss" category. Having said that, the Sonic at Portland (or Hwy 77) and NW 178th is consistently excellent. Every burger I've eaten there is the equal of places like Ron's Hamburgers in quality. I finally quit eating at the Sonic on SW 29th and May. I either get horrible food or they screw my order up or both!! Fortunately, there are several other fast-food joints in that area.

Thread Information