Widgets Magazine

Thread: Gateway to Moore Issues

Default Gateway to Moore Issues

Who all agrees that the entrance into Moore from 27th and Shields area is an eyesore? Basically the whole area from 27th and Santa fe to Janeway is blighted and should be torn down and rebuilt with newer houses and first class retail etc. I drive this way home everyday and the area is an eyesore you leave the nice area of S Okc when you cross over Santa Fe going east and you can most definately tell the drop in the class of the area. I believe the city and private development should go in and tear down all the little cracker box houses along 27th street from Santa fe to Janeway and bulldoze all the apartments and all the other industrial type buildings there ie the metal buildings and what not, tear down the old Tighwads store that is falling apart and the Regency club and revitalize this whole area. This part of moore is falling apart while the southern side is being built up and revitalized and is a nice part of the city. We have a lot of newer style homes in this area that were rebuilt after the tornado the school and also Regency park baptist church, so something needs to be done before the area contines to decline even more. This doesnt look good to people traveling down Shields or Santa fe comming into Moore. Lets hear some others ideas about this area and how it can be revitalized and improved and see if we can get the ball rolling on getting this done.

Thanks

Default Re: Gateway to Moore Issues

I agree, ths has been brought up before, Yes that area i very ugly as is shields on the south okc side with ugly used car stops and other upgly building between 89th and 27th an shields west side. and some on te east.. Moore I guess has to have a bad area or not so pretty area..

3. Default Re: Gateway to Moore Issues

Sure. Just knock 'em down.

Not like there's anybody living there because that's all they can afford or anything.

You could always go further south though a nicer area, then cross to the east and come back north to where you need to be.

It'll cost you more in time and fuel, but what's money when compared to your peace of mind and bliss.
    Last edited by kevinpate; 07-01-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: overtyped

I try to avoid that area of town.

I use to live on Gale st. just off Janeway close to 12th st. back in the 70's hate to hear it's getting run down. Come to think about it... it was kinda rough around the Regency Club back then.

7. Default Re: Gateway to Moore Issues

Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    I use to live on Gale st. just off Janeway close to 12th st. back in the 70's hate to hear it's getting run down. Come to think about it... it was kinda rough around the Regency Club back then.
    I've got a friend that has a house over there (on Gale actually)...There's good and bad in that area...But most of the houses around him are well kempt and to my knowledge he's never had a problem with any crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Sure. Just knock 'em down.

Not like there's anybody living there because that's all they can afford or anything.

haha. Exactly what I was thinking. It's kind of like people wanting to bulldoze the mobile home park because it's not pretty. Because no one lives there, right? Lol.
    Last edited by SeinfeldBlock; 02-02-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: comma error

Thread Information