Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Do you have concrete proof the project is dead? My sister lives near that corner and has a friend at the city planning commission. She is trying to sell her house and asked questions to her friend and was told to hurry and sell it because Warren will be building there. The land deal is done and most of the paperwork is done.

2. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Warren is definitely an incredible place to see a movie.

I don't see them building this for at least a year with the current state of economy, even though we're NOT in a recession. With funding tightened, they already scrapped the expansion of the Moore location last year, I don't see this one breaking ground for awhile.

4. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

'oh my gawd... I have to walk, actually walk a few steps through a mall! waaaaaaaaaaah!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!' lol

I'm inventing a crane that just drops people through a skylight into the seat and have tubs of greasy buttered popcorn flavor delivered through an IV. It's obviously too much effort to walk to the seat or even to pick up the popcorn.

And we wonder why our state is always off the charts on obesity statistics.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    'oh my gawd... I have to walk, actually walk a few steps through a mall! waaaaaaaaaaah!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!' lol
    It's not the walking itself, it's the location. I like walking, but I hate having to deal with all the trappings of the mall just to see a f-ing movie.

Last edited by Martin; 07-09-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

well its not rappings if you have will power and avoid the sale signs, also, i wonder why they dont have a special entrance to the theater itself, in deerbrook mall, in humble texas they has the ame theater set up and they have a entrance that goes to the theater part, wonder why quial didnt do this

Money

bout time someone else gave quail amc 24 a big shake-up. seems like they have had a monopoly in that immediate area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    well its not rappings if you have will power and avoid the sale signs,
    No, there's more to "trappings" than just "I can't go see a movie at AMC without buying a bunch of crap."

also, i wonder why they dont have a special entrance to the theater itself, in deerbrook mall, in humble texas they has the ame theater set up and they have a entrance that goes to the theater part, wonder why quial didnt do this
    Already discussed in post #64.

10. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Back to Warren... do we really need more screens?

11. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Back to Warren... do we really need more screens?
    Probably not. As a better product enters, it'll put the others out of business. Then we'll have nice big empty buildings with nothing to go into them.

> Then we'll have nice big empty buildings with nothing to go into them.

No biggie, let them sit idle a spell, throw up some parking nearby, dig a ditch, toss in some water, an occasional lawn chair and some fish and voila, a new entertainment district is birthed. hey, it's worked before. 8^)

13. Smile Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Well my husband and I live right by quail springs mall and we still travel to Warren occasionally. We are huge movie goes!!! And i truly believe they will both do great!!! Nothing wrong with options! People dont like going to the same place everytime anyways. Its good to be able to mix it up like the big cities of the world! We are just getting more options! Be thankful people. Glass half full, not empty We are looking forward to it big time! Go OKC God Bless

14. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by okccitizengirl View Post
    Glass half full, not empty
    ok, but what's it half full of?

Quote Originally Posted by okccitizengirl View Post
    Well my husband and I live right by quail springs mall and we still travel to Warren occasionally. We are huge movie goes!!! And i truly believe they will both do great!!! Nothing wrong with options! People dont like going to the same place everytime anyways. Its good to be able to mix it up like the big cities of the world! We are just getting more options! Be thankful people. Glass half full, not empty We are looking forward to it big time! Go OKC God Bless
    First nominee for "Worst Thread Bump of 2010."

16. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    First nominee for "Worst Thread Bump of 2010."
    lol! when I replied, I hadn't even noticed that she bumped a 6 month-dead thread

17. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

The giant, purple comic sans doesn't help either.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Its okay, everyone was new to the interwebs at one point. . .

Hell yes, thats just a couple miles from my uncles house and will be a lot more convenient then the moore location when we come visit OKC!

20. Default Re: Warren Theatre coming to Memorial and Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
    Hell yes, thats just a couple miles from my uncles house and will be a lot more convenient then the moore location when we come visit OKC!
    You're about a year late.

The NW OKC location has been scrapped. Moore is all there is going to be for now.

Can we get a "NOT" edited into the thread title? Either traditional or Wayne's World-style placement, doesn't matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    You're about a year late.

The NW OKC location has been scrapped. Moore is all there is going to be for now.
    lol yeah I noticed AFTER I posted, didn't expect to see an ancient thread bumped...owell

What is going in on the SW corner of Memorial and Rockwell? Large structure being constructed. Got most of the prefab walls up. Obviously not a theatre, but I couldn't tell what it was. Anywon Know.

Quote Originally Posted by yukong View Post
    What is going in on the SW corner of Memorial and Rockwell? Large structure being constructed. Got most of the prefab walls up. Obviously not a theatre, but I couldn't tell what it was. Anywon Know.
    Farmers new OKC office. They are moving from 23rd st.

OK, Thanks for the info. It is quite a large facility.

Thread Information