Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Moore Memories

Default Re: Moore Memories

I just joined CityTalk and found the Moore page. we moved to Moore in 1962 when I was 6. Went through the Central elementary, Central Junior High and graduated in 73 from Moore High School. We lived just off I35. In fact we lived on a dirt road and watch 35 being built. Used to sit on the stacks of pallets they would leave and watch what little traffic we had go by. Is anybody old enough to remember Starr's discount in the shopping center with Buchanans. How about Miss Nita the cashier at Buchanans that was there for eons. Moore was a powerhouse football team then, never missed a game. Mr. Tener was the postmaster and we loved to shop at Anthony's for cloths. They were just down from the grocery. Does anyone remember Mr. Pigg that taught science and Mr. Fugate that taught drivers ed and math? I have no bad memories of my 35 plus years there.

My memories of Taco Bueno are a little more racey than yours. My sister and I would go through the drive through just before they closed on Saturday night at 2am and get the biggest Nacho Supreme they had. Great to soak up all the alcohol!!

Does anyone remember hanging out at Cowboy Corner across from McDonalds?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyinOK View Post
    Speaking of "Moore Memories" anyone seen the NewsOK.com page regarding the May 3, 1999, tornados?

Compelling...I can't believe it's been 10 years.

http://newsok.com/may3?custom_click=lead_story_photo
    Now its been 10 years since May 20th

Quote Originally Posted by oktober969 View Post
    Cindyl57,

His name was Yancy Cotrell. I also graduated in 94. He was a great person.
    I've been on OKC Talk for years now, I'm not sure how I missed this thread. So many old memories since growing up in Moore (we moved here in '78).

Yancy was a great dude, we were BFFs in Junior High and close in high school but slowly lost touch with one another shortly after graduation ('94) and I went into the military. Social media has done some great things with reconnecting old acquaintances and Yancy was one of those for me. I found him on Myspace in early 2006, he had relocated down south to Ada/Sulphur to be closer to his dad. Sadly, shortly after reconnecting he had a heart attack was hospitalized and never recovered. He passed in April of 2006.

Thread Information