Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Moore Memories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Moore Memories

Pratts used to be a great chain of grocery stores. I used to live next to the one on 240 & Walker. Used to ride my bike from the Los Pueblos apartments across the field to Pratts and get a Fresca! Oh, the field was what is now David Stanley Chevrolet. Oh, how I hate typing that name. ...but that's a nother topic.

Golf Acres, then a few years after that closed there was a Pitch N Putt across from Earlywine

Mr. Adkins died? Darn, he was a good teacher and an interesting character. My son goes to Moore HS and he would have loved to have him as a history teacher. RIP Mr. Adkins.

I bought a new house in Moore in 1972 (paid a little over 19K for it) around NW17th and Sunrise. Moore wasn't very large than, mainly NW 27th to SW 19th (north to south) and Sante Fe to Eastern (east to west), but since I came from a small town in western Oklahoma, Moore was huge!!!

I worked at Star Buildings on 89th and I-35. My youngest son was born in '74 at the Moore Municipal Hospital.

I remember the Mr. Burger, Mr Gatti's Pizza and of course Del Rancho. There weren't very many place to eat where you could go in and actually sit down, but with 2 small (and very active) sons, that was usually best for everyone to just eat in the car.

Someone mentioned being able to hear KOMA through their oven, I had a friend that lived close to the towers and they got the signal through their bed springs!!!

Moved from Moore in 1981, don't get back through there much anymore, but last time through, it sure had changed.

I just joined CityTalk and found the Moore page. we moved to Moore in 1962 when I was 6. Went through the Central elementary, Central Junior High and graduated in 73 from Moore High School. We lived just off I35. In fact we lived on a dirt road and watch 35 being built. Used to sit on the stacks of pallets they would leave and watch what little traffic we had go by. Is anybody old enough to remember Starr's discount in the shopping center with Buchanans. How about Miss Nita the cashier at Buchanans that was there for eons. Moore was a powerhouse football team then, never missed a game. Mr. Tener was the postmaster and we loved to shop at Anthony's for cloths. They were just down from the grocery. Does anyone remember Mr. Pigg that taught science and Mr. Fugate that taught drivers ed and math? I have no bad memories of my 35 plus years there.

Thread Information