Widgets Magazine

Thread: Farmers market

Default Farmers market

I have been going now 3 weeks in a row, I just love it sat mornings. I went into the old moore highschool for the first time, I have to admit I am very impressed by the remodeling that has been done, the clothing and gift store is a really neat thing to check out same with the cafe, there is plans to open a coffee shop in the old school as well, but back to the farmers market, has anybody else gone to it, they said there will be a lot more vendors in july, My favorite is the country eggs booth-vendor, she only sells eggs and they are the best eggs I have ever tasted. Also the older lady who is always seems to be at the end- far east side of the market has in my opinion the best tomatoes (did i spell that right?) So my question is to everyone who has read this post, what is your favorite out at the farmers market and what do you think about the market.. GREAT THING FOR MOORE in my opinion cant wait for the watermelon and okra

Default Re: Farmers market

We drove by there on a Thursday evening a couple of weeks ago........not a lot of vendors there and it looked like most of them were selling plants. We didn't stop....

thursdays is a slow one the sat is the onethat has all fo the vendors right now its about 10 tents but in july 18 is scheduled so it keeps growing. plus you have old school and the shop and cafe its really a fun outing

4. Default Re: Farmers market

I was going to swing by on the way home from work yesterday until the sky started dumping buckets of water. I'll be there Saturday morning.

For anyone keeping up or waiting for different produce at the farmers market, last week they added watermelons in one tent and cantalope, okra is taking off and selling in some tents along with squash an eggplants.. tomatoes and everywhere and taste great. Along with farm fresh eggs.. So if you havent been to the farmers market in moore you got to try it out, great outing with the kiddos or great way to start eatin healthy

The wife and I usually hit the Farmer's Market in Moore on Saturday morning, then head down to the Farmer's Market at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds in Norman.

I continue to support the Moore Farmer's Market in the hopes that it will catch on and grow to the size of the one in Norman.

I think it would catch on more if there was more advertising and if the city father's would set up some 'seasonal' temporary booths that could be rented out cheap to the vendors.

Can't wait for some okra and corn. The corn in the stores is not any good since all of the big farmers have switched to growing corn for ethanol. Guess I will have to have my cousin in Iowa send me some good home grown sweet corn to throw on the grill - umm, roastin' ears.

Totally sad question--but where is the farmer's market in Moore?

I moved to Moore from another place, and don't know anyone in Moore at all, so I'm having to figure most of it out on my own.

I think it is South of City Hall and North of the Old School - see
    Old Town Farmers Market this Week [16/05/2008]- City of Moore News
    and here's a link to a brochure
    http://www.cityofmoore.com/uploaded/...t_Brochure.pdf

Thread Information