Widgets Magazine
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

  1. #1

    Default Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    Anybody here who pays attention to my posts knows that I am about as far from conservative as one can get. I'm a liberal, a progressive, a social democrat, pick your terminology. However, some things will pop into life and still astound me.

    I took the family to the Ringling Brothers circus and we all loved it. It's truly the Greatest Show on Earth and it was great fun. But, my sensibilities were strained when I saw men returning to their seats with tall cups of -- beer! I like a cold one as well as anyone else, but really.....serving alcohol at the CIRCUS?

    Goes to show no matter how "progressive" one might be, something will come along to shatter their sense of right and wrong. To me, there isn't even shades of grey when it comes to this. An arena full of children and the profiteers are in the consession stands offering Cotton Candy, Snow Cones and BUDWEISER. Sorry - that's not right.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    You have to be extremely talented and extremely wealthy to get enough of that swill to get drunk.

    Not to worry.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    I would think there might be some benefit to the children if they get to observe adults drinking responsibly and observe the consequences of not drinking responsibly. They will arrest you if you get drunk.

  4. #4
    MadMonk Guest

    Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    Gotta do something to take the edge off the fear of those creepy clowns!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Gotta do something to take the edge off the fear of those creepy clowns!
    Ain't it the truth!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    This thread brings to mind the two guys taking shrooms and going to watch Cirque De Soleil in the movie Knocked Up

    But I do agree beer at a circus is a little tacky but it doesn't surprise me one bit

  7. Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    That had to be one of the best events I've been to recently.. I'm not sure who liked it more, me or the kids? lol, it was fantastic.

    The shows were so well choreographed, the talent was incredible, the animals were very well trained.. just fantastic.

    I didn't notice the beer.. we hit the Red Earth Festival first.. that was a little less exciting but nonetheless, entertaining. The dancers in the Grand Entrance looked great with full dress.. it was nice.

    We then went to Bricktown Brewery. That will be the last time there. We used to go there all the time with the old ownership... we've given them a few chances and each time, it has gotten worse. The service was hideously slow.. I just didn't have the patience. We each had one beer but everything we wanted to order was out so we ended up with a choice of one beer.. okay.. it's a brewery, hello! The food was good, the portion size has definitionly decreased and no more curly fries.

    Anyway, that wasn't a huge issue, I agree with the others, beer at the circus is pretty tacky.. but I know why they do it... you need something to dull the pain of forking over $15 bucks for a snowcone in a lighted cup, $12 bucks for cotton candy and a hat, $5 bucks for popcorn and $20 plus for a twirly light stick... thank God the circus tickets were reasonable.. that's where they get you, food and souvenirs.. glad we ate first.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

  8. #8

    Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    It was a great show - no doubt about it. Bello and the other guy on the twirly thing was incredible. It's amazing to think how much practice it would take to get the timing down just right. We were fascinated. The tigers and elephants were fun to see as usual.

    I was really surprised at the costs of the "circus stuff" too. $10 for a program! There was a family behind us who bought each of their 4 kids a souvenir. Considering a lighted plastic sword was $15, and the other things like you mentioned (they also got refreshments), they would have to take out a second mortgage to go to the circus! Great show though.


    Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    That had to be one of the best events I've been to recently.. I'm not sure who liked it more, me or the kids? lol, it was fantastic.

    The shows were so well choreographed, the talent was incredible, the animals were very well trained.. just fantastic.

    I didn't notice the beer.. we hit the Red Earth Festival first.. that was a little less exciting but nonetheless, entertaining. The dancers in the Grand Entrance looked great with full dress.. it was nice.

    We then went to Bricktown Brewery. That will be the last time there. We used to go there all the time with the old ownership... we've given them a few chances and each time, it has gotten worse. The service was hideously slow.. I just didn't have the patience. We each had one beer but everything we wanted to order was out so we ended up with a choice of one beer.. okay.. it's a brewery, hello! The food was good, the portion size has definitionly decreased and no more curly fries.

    Anyway, that wasn't a huge issue, I agree with the others, beer at the circus is pretty tacky.. but I know why they do it... you need something to dull the pain of forking over $15 bucks for a snowcone in a lighted cup, $12 bucks for cotton candy and a hat, $5 bucks for popcorn and $20 plus for a twirly light stick... thank God the circus tickets were reasonable.. that's where they get you, food and souvenirs.. glad we ate first.

  9. Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    I know! I held my breath the whole time thinking that if Bello and the other guy made one misstep, they would fall to a certain death! They had no nets! But, it was so cool... we were right in front of that act and it was pretty up close and personal! But, I was so scared for them!

    I didn't buy one thing. My youngest son asked for a snowcone just because .... ( keep in mind, we just ate a full meal at Bricktown Brewery).. I asked how much.. $15 bucks.. I told him and he even said 'what? no way' he's 10!

    At first, I thought I heard wrong until the lady in front confirmed it and pulled out $60 bucks for 4.. call me crazy, but I don't care what the occasion is, I would never, ever fork over $60 bucks for flavored ice!

    I'll hit up Braums afterwards thank you very much.

    But, I really think they make up for the low cost of tickets in spur of the moment souvenirs and kids asking for treats. Even the coloring books were $7. But, even still, I loved that show .... I was very impressed and I have some cool pics too.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

  10. #10

    Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    post the pics for us non circus goers please....

  11. Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    What's wrong with you man? Beer makes EVERYTHING better!


    J/K...I'm a beer lover of epic proportions, and I doubt I'd want one at the circus. That's just weird.

  12. Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    Here's one I like of Red Earth:

    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

  13. Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    Here's a few Metro.. it was hard to get good ones because of the lighting.








    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

  14. Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    Human Cannons traveled about 65 mph.. pretty cool!






    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

  15. Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?









    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

  16. Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

  17. #17

    Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    cool, thanks for the pics

  18. #18

    Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    What's wrong with beer at the circus? They serve beer at Chucky Cheese.
    I think we should be like Europe and serve beer everywhere! There was nothing in the world like ordering a big mac combo with pale ale to drink!! I loved it.

    You would never catch me at a circus anyway...stupid clowns. Nope. Not even with beer.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    Cool pics Karried!

    Awesome you shot it at an angle that didn't show the bloody hook used to make the elephant sit up like that

    I kid I kid

  20. Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    They have beer at Chuck E Cheese?!!?!!?? Where was it at? We went to the one on NW Exp and they didn't have beer.. maybe the one on the south side...

  21. #21

    Default Re: Beer - at the CIRCUS?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    They have beer at Chuck E Cheese?!!?!!?? Where was it at? We went to the one on NW Exp and they didn't have beer.. maybe the one on the south side...
    The one on NW Expressway. I haven't been there since last summer - but they've always had it. It's been the running joke of family birthday parties and being able to tolerate the screaming kids. lol. It was big as day on the menu. I've seen a few pitchers around the place too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bitter beer battle brews in state (The Oklahoman)
    By Midtowner in forum Politics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 01:36 PM
  2. Oklahoma Laws v. 3.2: The Liquor Law Thread
    By BDP in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 09:23 AM
  3. Favorite beer
    By Oh GAWD the Smell! in forum General Food & Drink Topics
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 08:54 AM
  4. Beer Troubleshooting Guide
    By Karried in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 09:48 AM
  5. Molson, Coors Merges- Miller May Be Coming Back
    By okcpulse in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 09:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO