Widgets Magazine
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 85354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1480

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

I kinda like those fountains. Would’ve been nice to see subterranean Parking built on those large parking lots south of the two buildings and then new ones built on top. It would also allow for bigger buildings, and more square footage.

I ate a lot of COVID-era Tucker's burgers looking at those fountains... Not sad to see them go.

Good to see something may be coming to the old 501 space soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    I ate a lot of COVID-era Tucker's burgers looking at those fountains... Not sad to see them go.

Good to see something may be coming to the old 501 space soon.
    Did Tucker's in Classen Curve close?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Did Tucker's in Classen Curve close?
    No.

The reference is to the fountains going away, not Tucker's.

These are the fountains that will be removed:

Admittedly, they could’ve done a better job with those fountains. And I’m gonna get a lot of heat for this but there’s a lot more they could’ve done with this development even as successful as it is it could’ve been designed much better. They could’ve had buildings up against those fountains with patios and have a nice water feature where you can sit down and eat at. The entire development is basically cut off from the neighborhood next to it with the exception being one gate. Not very inviting.

Then they’re removing what little green space and fountain water features they have in favor of more buildings. If this development is so successful and bringing in so much revenue, then why not build a 2 level subterranean parking garage and two build on top and redo the fountains to keep green space?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Admittedly, they could’ve done a better job with those fountains. And I’m gonna get a lot of heat for this but there’s a lot more they could’ve done with this development even as successful as it is it could’ve been designed much better. They could’ve had buildings up against those fountains with patios and have a nice water feature where you can sit down and eat at. The entire development is basically cut off from the neighborhood next to it with the exception being one gate. Not very inviting.

Then they’re removing what little green space and fountain water features they have in favor of more buildings. If this development is so successful and bringing in so much revenue, then why not build a 2 level subterranean parking garage and two build on top and redo the fountains to keep green space?
    Because in Oklahoma City, underground parking garages are extremely expensive. There's a reason there are very, very, very, very few in the city. Just my opinion.

HangryHippo Guest

I like the fountains and would prefer what you’re suggesting, but I’m also glad to see continued development.

Don’t get me wrong. I love this development. I frequent it all the time. Mainly Tuckers and Republic.

The entire development is basically cut off from the neighborhood next to it with the exception being one gate. Not very inviting.
    at the neighborhoods request .. (really more then that .. with out the fencing ect it may not have been approved at planning )

That's a Rand Elliott design for you...

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    That's a Rand Elliott design for you...
    The actual worst, I can't stand his design. Worked at 501 Classen Curve for about 5 years prior to Pete Holloway's death and it was so cold in there. Just muted dark colors all around.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    at the neighborhoods request .. (really more then that .. with out the fencing ect it may not have been approved at planning )
    You being well traveled should know this isn’t how real cities function. Connectivity is key.

You being well traveled should know this isn’t how real cities function. Connectivity is key.
    I am not talking about how it "should be"

i am speaking to this project specifically .. and what i stated is a fact ..

I have a friend who lives in Meadbrook Acres in one of the new modern homes just south and east of CC.

She walks over all the time. Just walk north on Military which ends in a cul-de-sac for drivers but great for those on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    The actual worst, I can't stand his design. Worked at 501 Classen Curve for about 5 years prior to Pete Holloway's death and it was so cold in there. Just muted dark colors all around.
    That place was bizarre. All of the ceiling projectiles cast an ominous pall over the dining experience.

I have heard that Hudson House (new to market) has long been wanting to move into the old 501 space. That was long enough ago though that I wonder how accurate that info was.

Quote Originally Posted by CitySooner View Post
    I have heard that Hudson House (new to market) has long been wanting to move into the old 501 space. That was long enough ago though that I wonder how accurate that info was.
    that would be a great get for this location

Tommy John is will be opening soon in Classen Curve.

https://www.tommyjohn.com/pages/store-locator

Just to give you an idea of the other locations. Not bad company (I know, Birmingham, but that mall has a Saks, somehow).

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post

Just to give you an idea of the other locations. Not bad company (I know, Birmingham, but that mall has a Saks, somehow).
    Not to get too sidetracked but Birmingham is actually one of the more underrated cities in the U.S. I think, largely from it being in Alabama. Shoot, Alabama itself is one of the more underrated states just from what people outside think about it.

22. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Not to get too sidetracked but Birmingham is actually one of the more underrated cities in the U.S. I think, largely from it being in Alabama. Shoot, Alabama itself is one of the more underrated states just from what people outside think about it.
    I was just about to say the same thing. I have been twice in the last 4 years and it is always one of my favorite places. It has a great Bar Scene and nightlife there is fantastic. There is also a lot of great food options in town.

23. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post

On the day we left Birmingham this year we made a stop at The Summit. Which is a large outdoor type mall that is basically Classen Curve, Belle Isle shopping, and The Oak combined. It has RH, Arhaus, Shake Shack, Nordstrom Rack, REI, and Lululemon. The Summit

The Summit is a really nice development. But the Oak has residential over retail/restaurant. I feel like it will be more of a pedestrian centric than your average outdoor mall. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    The Summit is a really nice development. But the Oak has residential over retail/restaurant. I feel like it will be more of a pedestrian centric than your average outdoor mall. IMO.
    Definitely. Even if the developers set out with no consideration for pedestrians, the size of the lot essentially requires it for the money to work with a development like this. I’d take Oak over just about any similar development spread across many dozens of acres.

For reference, Oak is 20 acres and The Summit is 170 acres.

Thread Information