Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121358 ... LastLast

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    90,000 Sq Ft?? Knock out a few walls and presto. . .Whole Foods??!! Central Market? TJ's??
    Sorry metro. . . guess you couldn't see my tongue in cheek!! It's just that, Gosh, By Gee, By Golly. . .we sure could use one of those!!

. . . but wait!! ok. . .separate buildings. . .(hey Chesapeake has more than one building). Fresh produce in one. . .seafood/meats in one. . . .breads/shelf-goods in another. . .and a full-up liquor store in another!! At least it would be one trip shopping!!Well, rats. . .this probably would't fly either, but Gosh, By Gee, By Golly. . .we sure need one of those guys!!

Fresh produce in one. . .seafood/meats in one. . . .breads/shelf-goods in another. . .and a full-up liquor store in another!!
    I think that would be perfect. If we're going to get high end shopping with high end prices, why not try and get it a little personalized while we're at it. Better food and better service. I think bringing in many specialty stores is the Curve's best chance for success and would actually be nicer than a 90k sf superstore, no matter what brand it is, imo.

Maybe Aubrey didn't think this venture (Classen Curve) out too well either.... Maybe it was all about getting more exposure -- sometimes he might want to rethink his exposure....

I seriously doubt A.M. "planned out" Classen Curve. He hires a team of experts who do know what they are doing.

Metro, you don't know AM. If he has his name on it, he has a hand in it.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Here's a picture of Republic:

Republic (RePUBlicOKC) on Twitter

I've heard the people from Cafe 501 in Edmond may be opening a restaurant in Classen Curve as well:

Welcome to Cafe 501

I'm more anxious to hear about retail tenants such as clothing and other shops rumored to come there.

Don't hold your breath. Retail kind of sucks right now. You never know, but I certainly wouldn't expect any major national brands. IMO, that's actually a good thing, but I'm not sure if there are many local retailers looking to open new doors this year, either. Maybe if they get a niche thing going, it could be an opportunity for some that are holding their heads above water. It will be interesting to see if the curve stays within a concept or goes into "take what we can get" mode.

I also think they were hoping to lure local tenants from elsewhere and that doesn't seem to be happening.

As I've said before, I don't think the layout and location is well suited for most retail uses. It will be very interesting to see what they get other than restaurants.

It will help them greatly when the project is more complete, as the design and quality will certainly be a draw.

Pete - Location is so important to retail (even being on the wrong corner of the right intersection will kill you) that I wouldn't move to another location unless I was absolutely convinced that it was better than where I was. Classen Curve has yet to do that. People may not be happy with NH Plaza, 50 Penn Place or their freestanding location, but unless CC proves to be a winner (and worthy of their assuredly-sky-high rents), why take a chance?

I suspect Classen Curve rents will be high enough to ensure no cool local stores will locate there.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I suspect Classen Curve rents will be high enough to ensure no cool local stores will locate there.
    The first two, and only so far, tenants are both cool and local.

Isn't Balliet's relocating there? That's what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Isn't Balliet's relocating there? That's what I've heard.
    I read in the paper that Balliets had a lease through 2012 at 50 Penn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    The first two, and only so far, tenants are both cool and local.
    3...and they're all restaurants....sure hope they land some actual places to shop at soon.

18. Default Re: Classen Curve

Any further speculation on the classen curve sports bar and grille?

www.theclassencurve.com

I'm pretty sure they recruited "Republic" to fill that niche.

20. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I'm pretty sure they recruited "Republic" to fill that niche.
    Is republic a sports bar? I forgot.

Republic will be a Gastropub with incredible AV set-up for sports.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Republic will be a Gastropub with incredible AV set-up for sports.
    Incredible audio/visuals huh? I like the sounds of that. I'd like to go ahead and make a reservation for onthestrip, party of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Incredible audio/visuals huh? I like the sounds of that. I'd like to go ahead and make a reservation for onthestrip, party of 8.
    Got it...hopefully in time for The Superbowl.

Tuck,

Have you checked out Oscar's Gastropub in Tulsa? Do you plan on offering a similar menu concept with Republic?

I have been to Oscar's and had a great time. No, we are moving in a different direction with decor and menu.

Thread Information