Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131459 ... LastLast

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

Tuck,

Can you comment on the kind of direction with decor and menu you will be offering ???

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Incredible audio/visuals huh? I like the sounds of that. I'd like to go ahead and make a reservation for onthestrip, party of 8.
    party of 8 huh?.....ha, i guess you plan on finding a few more friends by the superbowl....nice.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    3...and they're all restaurants....sure hope they land some actual places to shop at soon.
    3? So other than Republic and 105, who's the third one?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Tuck,

Can you comment on the kind of direction with decor and menu you will be offering ???
    In time...still working through details.

A running store will be opening up in Classen Curve, I was told. I was also told that the leasing agent said Balliet's is indeed moving to Classen Curve, but it's 3rd hand news, so take it for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I was also told that the leasing agent said Balliet's is indeed moving to Classen Curve, but it's 3rd hand news, so take it for what it's worth.
    I just talked to a friend of mine that works at Balliet's and she said that is true.

Other than the two restaurants (105 & Republic) is anything else going in any time soon?

I haven't seen any announcements and their website has not been updated in some time.

Has construction of the shell, parking and other outside elements been completed?

8. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Has construction of the shell, parking and other outside elements been completed?
    Most of it, except for the southeasternmost building at Grand and Western.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

That's right and I'm still digging into the possible tenants in the works. In the meantime, here are a few snaps from last week (Oct. 20):

It's definitely getting there.

Ben
    www.okcreview.com

Thanks Ben!

Looks nice... The canopies on the store fronts look a lot like the airport.

I think this would be a great fit for urban outfitters, very industrial modern.

Quote Originally Posted by circuitboard View Post
    I think this would be a great fit for urban outfitters, very industrial modern.
    I think buildings in AutoAlley would be MUCH better suited for UO. I was at the two on the Vegas strip this past week and it was the first time I wasn't impressed with UO. Merchandise selection is way down compared to the past.

so how many building are going in the classen curve? how many sq feet of retail/entertainment?

Jess, you can see the layout with the square footages per building at:

Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Jess, you can see the layout with the square footages per building at:

Classen Curve
    But turn your speakers down...damn music on websites...I thought we moved past that. BTW, what's with architects drawing things in Google Sketch-Up? Talking about dumbing down your industry so that a 12-year-old could do it. I know, I know, Pete...post it on the architecture/web design board. I'm trying to stay focussed.

Here's my critique of the Classen Curve: It just doesn't look like much besides a bunch of neatly arranged strip malls on a curved street. I see cheap buildings. I am a little concerned that Rand Elliott and the like are more or less junking up OKC with their interpretation of "modernism"...which seems to be cheap, pre-fab, steel buildings with a "modern twist".

Buildings look nice and its great to see a new development but does anyone else think this is the type of architecture that is just gonna look bad after a few years?

Architectual trends come and go. Could it look any worse than the orgy of faux French Country look that has infested most of Edmond and North OKC in the past decade?

Personally, some of the "modern" style buildings that were constructed during the 1970s oil boom days look okay so long as well maintained.

I'm pretty underwhelmed. It's nice for a strip mall, but it's still a strip mall.

Quote Originally Posted by proud2Bsooner View Post
    But turn your speakers down...damn music on websites...I thought we moved past that. BTW, what's with architects drawing things in Google Sketch-Up? Talking about dumbing down your industry so that a 12-year-old could do it. I know, I know, Pete...post it on the architecture/web design board. I'm trying to stay focussed.
    There is a "professional version" of SketchUp that existed before the Google version. I have never used either SketchUp product though and don't really like the way they looked. I just built my models in Autocad/Accurender or export them to Max, now I build them in Revit.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Architectual trends come and go. Could it look any worse than the orgy of faux French Country look that has infested most of Edmond and North OKC in the past decade?
    It is just like the fake "Tuscan style" stuff that permeates everything down here in Central Texas. I was so tired of doing the same style over and over.

I find the architecture of CC to be cutting edge for OKC. It's unique and progressive looking without being boring and bland. This development would be very popular in Dallas. For so long, I always thought OKC's architecture was quite bland, non inspiring. Now with the Devon HQ building and the proposed Midfirst building maybe OKC is opening up to new innovative ideas that are not so predictible.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I'm pretty underwhelmed. It's nice for a strip mall, but it's still a strip mall.
    I agree. However, I prefer this to all that wannabe classic European crap. At least this is somewhat interesting... if you squint.

The canopy thing and the use of glass is cool though.

Yeah, this is pretty much garbage. I don't mind the architecture, but the site layout is ridiculous. I can't believe that not only did they build a strip mall, but they use street frontage to highlight the buildings' rear. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by PLANSIT View Post
    Yeah, this is pretty much garbage. I don't mind the architecture, but the site layout is ridiculous. I can't believe that not only did they build a strip mall, but they use street frontage to highlight the buildings' rear. Lame.
    I am pretty sure they did that for a reason, as it is facing a graveyard. Overall I think they did a good job with what they were working with.

They just need to embrace being across from the graveyard. One of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta is Six Feet Under, which makes light of facing a graveyard.

25. Default Re: Classen Curve

And Pearl's should go ahead and embrace the name "Pearl's Graveside".
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Thread Information