Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891055 ... LastLast

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by OKCTalker View Post
    OR - Head west on Classen from N.W. Grand Boulevard (near Flip's and Hahn-Cook funeral home), pass Rose Hill mausoleum & cemetery), and look to your left.
    ORRRRRR, head south on Western, take a right on Classen, pass Grand and look on your left.... ok, this is just ridiculous.

yeah, i kind of regret asking the question.

3. Default Re: Classen Curve

I love the people still call it Pearl's Graveside. Let's keep that one going.

4. Default Re: Classen Curve

Pretty dang funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Turanacus View Post
    yeah, i kind of regret asking the question.
    turanacus, i was in no way making fun of you. I was making fun of myself, a person that finds it necessary to give a bunch of directions to the same place. it is one of my many downfalls.

Drove by a couple days ago, they now have steel up on 7 seperate buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    turanacus, i was in no way making fun of you. I was making fun of myself, a person that finds it necessary to give a bunch of directions to the same place. it is one of my many downfalls.
    I completely understand . . . I didn't think you were making fun of me.

But even if you were, it's fun -no harm . . .

Metro, I drove by yesterday -I can confirm that your photos are authentic.

I would love to see a Sur La Table here and a Smith & Hawken.

I've noticed work is still progressing on Classen Curve dispite Chesapeake's tightening of financial reigns. I hope this project gets completed.

Has anyone else seen this?
    http://www.okc.gov/AgendaPub/cache/2...9092223621.PDF

I like the rendering of sign at the entrance, looks modern and nice.

11. Default Re: Classen Curve

That link isn't working for me?

Could you tell me how to get to it on the city's site?

Try this one:

Link

looks like the document is cached, making a permanent link nigh impossible... which agenda is this pdf attached to? wanna see for myself!

-M

I just googled "Classen Curve" and came across an entry on a Tulsa-based food website that highlighted a business called "Matthew Kenney" which it said would be opening in Classen Curve. Looks like a very interesting, high-quality cooking school/restaurant.

My bad. It is called "105Degrees."

This looks like something really cool and unique:

"Dara Prentice and Mandy Canistelle formed a vision for 105degrees that is the first of its kind, not only in Oklahoma City, but in the world. Born out of their passion for raw and living cuisine, the idea was to develop a forward thinking raw café, living foods culinary academy and retail boutique, all housed in one location."

Matthew Kenney Lifestyle: The Magazine of the Raw Food Chef

The more my sub-conscious mind has worked on this tonight as I have moved on to other things, the happier it has made me. I do not pretend to be a serious "foodie" and my knowledge of the raw food movement is limited to a few passing cultural references here and there, nevertheless it is apparent that this is a sophisticated concept which brings some new elements to the Oklahoma City dining and lifestyle scene. If this is an example of the quality of projects which will be incorporated into Classen Curve, I think we all have something to look forward to. I look forward to trying "105 Degrees."

Raw sounds fine, not so sure about the "living" part of it. But, I'm sure it will be interesting. I love the way Classen Curve is starting to look. They've got glass up in one of the buildings.

Is this the only tenant that has been announced yet? It seems strange that they are the only one considering the progress of construction...

that tenant hasn't been announced either, but if you go back and read the other pages of this thread and others, there are some highly speculated rumors based on insider information. I'm sure some of the lineup will change, given the state of the national economy.

Are there any plans to put up a fence around the cemetary on the other side of Classen Curve?

That is one thing that bothers me about that location. The project itself will look great, but across the street you have a large cemetary. Maybe it is just me.

I don't think there will be any windows looking out on Classen. The front is all glass focusing on walking/courtyard atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    I don't think there will be any windows looking out on Classen. The front is all glass focusing on walking/courtyard atmosphere.
    Honestly, that's the one thing I don't like about Classen Curve. I know it would face a cemetery, but I think facing inward promotes car culture and not much else. Facing inward hides the businesses and requires extra signage to promote business...

I think the insular courtyard design of the Classen Curve will be a refreshing contrast to the excessive signage & EIFS strip mall design of the neighboring Belle Isle Shopping Center.

Classen Curve will be a more intimate shopping destination...think Utica Square or Nichols Hills Plaza.

25. Default Re: Classen Curve

Depends on the design of the "courtyard". I have to agree cafeboeuf, from what I've seen. Although anything is better than Belle Isle Station.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Thread Information