Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678954 ... LastLast

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

I haven't heard that, but really doubt it is true. Chesapeake owns the development; their market is local businesses that are not owned by anyone employed by Chesapeake.

We need a sports bar. This would be a good draw seeing as there pretty much aren't any left.

Quote Originally Posted by wsucougz View Post
    We need a sports bar. This would be a good draw seeing as there pretty much aren't any left.
    Yeah, I miss the Varsity Sports Grill. Too bad ER (the owner of the former Varsity) couldn't strike a deal with The Curve people.

It just needs to be a place like the Varsity was on 63rd & Western. The one downtown was lame.

Do we have any idea who is going to be leasing space at The Curve??

Where are all these exclusive restaurants and retailers going to come from?

I really miss The Varsity too... What do you make of the info on the new Classen Curve website? www.classencurve.com

I'd say it looks there is going to be a sports bar there!

Would be a great idea if done right and would go a long way towards replacing The Varsity.

what a neat link with our baseball history and the Brick!!

I wonder if this is Pops:Sports Edition?

I just checked the domain name registration for classencurve.com and it's not Chesapeake, however, Chesapeake registered classen-curve.com. That seems strange.

10. Default Re: Classen Curve

It seems odd that if you were legitimately planning to open a "Classen Curve Sports Bar" in Classen Curve, you would know better than to take that particular domain name.

Drove by an hour or so ago. They have steel framework going up on one building (the southernmost building). No work being done today because of the rain I assume. Shouldn't be too long before we see the shell of at least one building hopefully. I didn't snap pics since it was raining and I was driving. Next time I'll try and pull over and take a shot.

I was told that some tenants at NH Plaza were given a notice to be out by April 1 of next year. And that its assumed that some may relocate to Classen Curve.

And as far as sports bars are concerned, someone please make it happen. Our sports bars are way behind the times.

We all know that NHP is going to be massively redeveloped at some point and the only way that can happen is to relocate the more important tenants.

Perhaps Classen Curve is the first step in the larger overall retail/commercial plan it has for the hundreds of expensive properties it owns in the 63rd & Western area.

I was in Tulsa last weekend and went to Whole Foods in Brookside. I couldn't help but think how great it would be to have WF in Oklahoma City, and that a great location would be a renovated Nichols Hills Plaza.

I know of one NH Plaza tenant that is about to close her doors after a dispute with HVAC. She was on a mm-mm lease, the HVAC gave out, neither would pay for the repair, so she's a goner. (If you put yourself in either party's shoes, you wouldn't pay for the repairs either.) Has anyone else closed yet?

16. Default Re: Classen Curve

"neither would pay..."

Who's neither?

Neither? Landlord or tenant.

18. Default Re: Classen Curve

It was a little vague.

19. Default Re: Classen Curve

Maybe Crescent Market might relocate to Classen Curve??? I haven't seen Classen curve and don't know if it has a space large enough to accomodate Crescent. But I'd MUCH rather see a new Crescent Market than a Whole Foods. Robert Pemberton and Crescent Market have quietly done a great deal to support local growers and food processors. Whole Foods advertises that they support local foods. But in my opinion, they are not being entirely truthful. Crescent is a little gem in OKC and needs to be preserved and promoted.

Wow! Already putting up the structure! This shows what having money can do. Quick progress!

where is classen curve?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken In The Rough View Post
    But I'd MUCH rather see a new Crescent Market than a Whole Foods.
    I'd like to see Crescent Market remain just as it is. That place is a classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Turanacus View Post
    where is classen curve?
    Head north on Classen from NW Expressway (pass the IHOP, Chilis and Calverts). It will start across the street of Pearl's Graveside and continue around the "curve." Basically where all that dirt is on the east side of the road and (the south side of the road when it turns east) is where the center is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Head north on Classen from NW Expressway (pass the IHOP, Chilis and Calverts). It will start across the street of Pearl's Graveside and continue around the "curve." Basically where all that dirt is on the east side of the road and (the south side of the road when it turns east) is where the center is going to be.
    OR - Head west on Classen from N.W. Grand Boulevard (near Flip's and Hahn-Cook funeral home), pass Rose Hill mausoleum & cemetery), and look to your left.

Thread Information