Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 123456752 ... LastLast

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

ok...i need a birds eye view (site plan) of this tapwerks/deep fork area to visulaize buildings hotels and buildings being built. any idea on how many floors this luxury hotel will have? will it be visable driving down I-44? so aubrey will be building up.

CHK owns the properties in yellow but unless something has changed recently, not those in green:

3. Default Re: Classen Curve

I miss that old tapwerks.

thanx pete

Pearl's Graveside
    LOL that is effing hilarious!

Smile Re: Classen Curve

I hope and pray a Crate and Barrel would be a part of this development. I want one in OKC so bad! Hi guys, I am new to the forums.

Crate and Barrel and West Elm would be nice. You'd think they'd have one in the marketplace since it's parent company Williams-Sonoma has a call center here with about 1000 workforce.

8. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by circuitboard View Post
    I hope and pray a Crate and Barrel would be a part of this development. I want one in OKC so bad! Hi guys, I am new to the forums.
    Welcoem circuit board!

A crate and barrel would be MOST welcome!

9. Default Re: Classen Curve

Better yet, CB2.

I want Restoration Hardware. They've got one in Wichita and Tulsa, which is really annoying.

I agree, that is annoying. Wichita is the armpit of kansas, and they have a restoration hardware, but we don't. That really bothers me.

Actually, the Restoration Hardware in Wichita, which was located in Bradley Square has closed. The one in Tulsa is still open. I called and spoke with the manager of the Tulsa store and inquired if their were any plans to open a store in OKC? She replied, "Not at all". Besides, she stated, that is why we want OKC people spending their money in Tulsa. She came across as a little sarcastic and pompous??

13. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Actually, the Restoration Hardware in Wichita, which was located in Bradley Square has closed. The one in Tulsa is still open. I called and spoke with the manager of the Tulsa store and inquired if their were any plans to open a store in OKC? She replied, "Not at all". Besides, she stated, that is why we want OKC people spending their money in Tulsa. She came across as a little sarcastic and pompous??

Gawd, that just irritates me to no end. Mark it down, I will never spend a dollar at restoration hardware in Tulsa.

I doubt the store manager in Tulsa would have any idea if there were plans to open an OKC store.

Why wouldn't they want to come to town? I'm sure it's just a matter of finding the right development.

That's enough for me. I don't really need to shop there if they're going to look down their nose at us. I'm campaigning for an Anthropologie too, and got a fairly dismissive reply from their home office. Didn't the city hire someone to solicit retail for OKC? These people are clearly looking at median income without also considering cost of living, and they're not looking at median income of our higher income areas, because if we can support Chanel and Balliet's for years, then it's laughable to think we couldn't support Restoration Hardware and Anthropologie.

I wouldn't count on Restoration Hardware even surviving.

The company was taken private just a couple of days ago by two private equity firms that specialize in distressed companies. It lost $51.7 million last year. But the company was purchased for $177 million so a turnaround might be possible.

As a practical matter the lack of national credit status would make the company very unattractive for a retail development anytime and especially now with the credit markets in turmoil.

17. Default Re: Classen Curve

typical Tulsa...

Quote Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
    As a practical matter the lack of national credit status would make the company very unattractive for a retail development anytime and especially now with the credit markets in turmoil.
    High-end retail is getting brutalized from all angles right now.

We don't need a Restoration Hardware in OKC. They have a store in Manhattan (of course) and are more the butt of jokes (there) than a respectable shop. They have a few nice things, but are mostly over-priced junk. OKC should aim higher. Consider the fact... they had a store in Wichita, Memphis, Tulsa.... how great can they be? Those are all fairly undesirable cities by most standards. I think Bo-Concept in Edmond is great to have around. More exclusive (and creative) stores like it would be better to create exciting shopping districts. We have to be careful to not look at "high-class project" areas in secondary cities for inspiration. Instead, look at long-established great districts in real cities for ideas... that's where the good stuff is. We shouldn't settle for secondary status.

I Agree with downtownguy20, getting a boconcept in OKC, is impressive. The other store locations are in prestigious, high end city's and country's.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Better yet, CB2.
    CB2 just seems too expensive to me. I've never seen any of the stuff in person (I think there's only like 3 stores) but it looks like they could sell a lot of their products for far less.

22. Default Re: Classen Curve

Again, I ask... why are our city leaders not helping already-existing local stores to develop into something similar to Restoration Hardware, Crate & Barrel, Anthologie, Urban Outfitters, etc. We've got to move beyong the mentality that these outside conglomerates are better for our city than local shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken In The Rough View Post
    Again, I ask... why are our city leaders not helping already-existing local stores to develop into something similar to Restoration Hardware, Crate & Barrel, Anthologie, Urban Outfitters, etc. We've got to move beyong the mentality that these outside conglomerates are better for our city than local shops.
    VERY GOOD POINT!!!

Care to name any local shops that could attain the glorious product output of these chains?

Good luck.

25. Default Re: Classen Curve

Lit Clothing in Downtown.

They have very very cool, nice clothes...a lot of it reminded me of Urban Outfitters if they were going to go a little more mainstream and broaden a bit. They could be something really big. They are terribly expensive though.

And that was just off the top of my head, plus I'm just a teenager. I've only seen the southside and parts of DT.

Thread Information