Widgets Magazine

Thread: leaving sprint

Default leaving sprint

OK...
    --My contract with Sprint ends the 1st week of Aug 2008, and I'm outta there.

--I want to get the new 3g Iphone that's coming out this summer, with possibly a cheaper price with a 2 yr contract with at & t ( that's the rumor on the internet).

--Sprint is the only carrier I've ever had, and my question is:

--How does one go about leaving Sprint?, can I go to at & t and have them port my number and cancel at the time?, if so, when should I do this?

Any advise is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

2. Default Re: leaving sprint

Sprint Service Cancellation

To better serve you, please contact Account Services at 1-800-SPRINT1 or via *2 from your handset and say "cancel service" at the voice prompt.
    Last edited by Karried; 06-02-2008 at 10:54 AM.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

3. Default Re: leaving sprint

Porting Your Cell Phone Number is Easy!

Would you like to keep your current cell phone number? Transferring your number to AT&T is easy. See the information below for a quick and easy porting experience.
    • Port Eligibility: Check if your number is eligible to port to AT&T.
    • Consumer Porting Guide: Learn how to port your number quickly and easily.
    • Porting FAQ: Need help? Find answers to common porting questions.

Port Eligibility
    Local Number Portability (LNP) allows you to change service providers within the same local area and keep the same phone number.

A Port Eligibility Check verifies that the number you wish to port is local to the service area, and that AT&T has both a license and coverage in the specified service area.

Ready to get started? Check eligibility of your number.

Consumer Porting Guide
    Is your number eligible for transfer? If so, see the Consumer Porting Checklist to help guide you through the steps to easily completing the transfer of your port.
    ATT:

Porting FAQs
    Need help with porting your number? Check out our Local Number Portability (LNP) FAQs for answers to common portability questions.

Default Re: leaving sprint

Awesome, thank you Karried !!!!!!!!

I am trying to wait until the Google Android is out. T-Mobile says they will have one by end of year and they are the only company so far to announce.

Just make absolutely POSITIVELY sure your contract is really up in August. Sometimes your contract can get extended without your knowledge. If you call and ask a question, sometimes the phone agent will get sneaky and extent your contract without telling you. I don' think it's a Sprint practice so much as an individual agent wanting to make more money practice. Just be careful. You don't want to find yourself socked with a surprise $200 early cancellation fee. You could fight it, but better to know in advance so you don't have to fight it.

why do u want to cancel with sprint? i have great service in the okc area and the data sppeds are much faster than the at&t edge network. u should check out the new samsung instinct that sprint is coming out with on june 20th at nowisgood.com they have some good videos comparing to the iphone. the iphone on 3g will only run top speeds of 144kb when the sprint phone on average is running between 400-700 with top speeds over a meg

8. Default Re: leaving sprint

Sprint's broadband network is faster than the 3G for sure. And the coverage is better and more stable. Not to mention that it's not the horrible service of ATT. Sprint folks actualyl work with you to get things done instead of having the head-up-the-butt disease ATT has in all of it's business lines.

9. Default Re: leaving sprint

I have been really happy with Sprint/Nextel for many years.. just wanted to have more options and better pricing on their plans...

Finally - new plans!

Here's an update on some new plans that Sprint/Nextel is offering starting today:

I signed up for a Family Share Plan with three lines.. 1500 Minutes. Unlimited Texting, Unlimited Minutes to other Nextel/Sprint, Unlimited Messaging, etc etc....

I got three new free phones with service (the Qwerty slide out keyboard phones with a camera - kids love to text - that's all they really do) and they waived the $36 per phone Activation fee per phone.

I'm happy with the plan... for three of us it will be $109.00 a month. I can add two more lines for $9.99 if I want to. (I've been paying close to $70 a month just by myself).

It's not on the website yet but if you call they know what it is:

Sprint Talk/Message 1500 Share Plan $99

This family share plan includes 2 line(s). This plan requires a minimum of 2 lines and can have up to a maximum of 5 lines. Each additional line costs $9.99 per month.
    1500 Anytime Minutes to Share
    Unlimited Messaging (text, picture, and video)
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Minutes
    Unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes Starting at 7PM
    Free Long Distance and Free Roaming on the Sprint network

Sprint Talk/Message 1500 Share Service Plan

I'm sure there are many other Family Share Plans but my kids wanted Unlimited Texting so this one worked out best for us.

Karried, Are you happy with Sprint? I am looking at a similar plan. What does your bill end up being with all the taxes and fees? I am tired of US Cellular and want a plan for 2 phones and broadband for the laptop. I like the Simply Everything Plan and seems like Sprint has the best speed around. Brother in Law just got the new Samsung and it is really cool. GPS, TV, etc?? Just wandering, I have two weeks to decide.

Seriously research AT&T before locking into a two year contract. I've never heard good things about them and it's never a good idea to switch carriers just for a phone (even thought it is REALLY cool). I'm sure you have other reasons besides just the phone, though. Some of the other carriers are bringing in phones comparable to the iPhone and soon they will all have something like it - they have to keep up with the competition.
    I've been happy with Alltel and will never go to Sprint or to AT&T. I hear good things about US Cellular, unless you travel quite a bit. Consumer Reports and similar magazines do comparisons of all providers, you might want to look into that.

I was actually a satisfied Cingular/AT&T customer until 4 years ago when US Cellular came to town with their introductory prices. I went from around $140 month at the time to around $60. Pretty much satisfied with them except for having to dial 405 every call?? I just want to be able to use my laptop out when I am working in the field. AT&T charges extra for broadband in addition to your regular package, I think. I have just been too busy to get by a location and get all the details. I am definitely not switching for the phone. I would probably destroy the new "Instinct" but it sure looks impressive. I will do some more research online.

Cricket broadband is pretty fast. I think it is $40/month with no contract, first month free. You might get a better deal if you have Cricket phone too- I didn't want the Cricket phone so I didn't ask.

14. Default Re: leaving sprint

Yeah, but the bulky size of the broadband modem is a turnoff, especially for traveling laptop.

Doesn't bother me- no bigger than a jump drive.

Thread Information