Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

1. Default what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

my favorite is eastbound on NW EXPRESSWAY at INDEPENDENCE (right by baptist).
    not only can you see the entire nw expressway skyline, but the capitol building, OCU, the classen and a great shot of downtown.

2. Default Re: what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

I think anywhere on the NW side of town does a great deal of "showing off" of our city from that perspective.

Default Re: what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

Since the NWX vantage point was already taken, I'll have to go with the view looking north just as I-235 reaches its highest point. I know it's more of north OKC/Edmond, but I really like the view, both day with all of the trees and night with all of the lights and antenna farm.

I also think heading southbound on I-44 west, right around 10th street is a nice view when the sun is coming up in the morning.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

4. Default Re: what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

I like the angle of the downtown skyline from Harrison Avenue between 4th and 5th. I'm not sure why. I think it just looks denser from that angle.

Rear View Mirror heading to Dallas......

Agnew bridge or Exchange bridge are pretty good shots of downtown.

7. Default Re: what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

Quote Originally Posted by namellac View Post
    You're welcome to stay there.

8. Default Re: what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    You're welcome to stay there.
    bwahahahahah... nice one!

i have to say that since i left dallas for okc... i don't have the road rage i used to have, i'm more patient, more relaxed, have more spendable income, have just as much to do, and have as high or a higher quality of life than i did there. also a lot less idiots and a$$holes cross my path. plus the dallasites complain that i took the party scene with me when i moved. poor dallas.
    viva okc!

I sit on the highest point in Norman (kinda like saying you're the tallest of the seven dwarfs) and can see 15-20 miles to the West/North/East. I have a great view of the downtown skyline and love to sit and sip cold beverages on my back porch. Best view in the metro area!

/can also catch about 7 fireworks shows

10. Default Re: what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

Veritas, can you provide us with a picture? I would love to see that.

11. Default Re: what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

from the Boathouse or the patio of the Biting Sow in the summertime...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    I like the angle of the downtown skyline from Harrison Avenue between 4th and 5th. I'm not sure why. I think it just looks denser from that angle.
    Me too! I think it's cool because downtown is at an angle.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    Veritas, can you provide us with a picture? I would love to see that.
    Sure thing. All the pics I have right now are of my house during construction looking towards downtown. I'll see if I can snap a picture tomorrow.

14. Default Re: what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

Thank you.

I like the view from the Penn Avenue bridge over the OK river. It's killing me because I can't really get up there because they are doing all of the new crosstown construction.

16. Default Re: what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

I've got a few favorites. Looking west from the Walnut Avenue Bridge is nice because we almost lost that one, and high in the Regency on either north or south side. I lived there twice and looking into downtown from the 24th floor is pretty remarkable. Also, it's like they are shooting off the 4th of July fireworks just for you. The view out to the north . . . the broadcast towers, Founders, Bank Whatever and that whole north side panorama is fantastic . . . especially spring time in the middle of the night when a line of thunder storms is marching through . . . 2AM, on the balcony, feet proped up, tall iced beverage . . .
    The Old Downtown Guy

It will take decades for Oklahoma City's
    downtown core to regain its lost gritty,
    dynamic urban character, but it's exciting
    to observe and participate in the transformation.

I like the view of downtown from the top of the Santa Fe parking garage, looking west over Park Ave. It's that much better now that the Skirvin is back in business!

Having seen downtown so many times from the north and northwest views, I actually do like the skyline when you're coming from Midwest City/Del City on I40. Hard to find a great place for a picture though.

I grew up on the northeast side of town on NE 63rd between Bryant and Coltrane. There is a hill there on the south side of the road. The whole time I was growing up I would sit on my horse up on that hill watching the most gorgeous sunsets over OKC. I want my ashes scattered there...

Quote Originally Posted by namellac View Post

I swear, I knew that was coming. I just didn't expect it so early on in the thread. I'll give you the right-of-way to express your opinion, but I'm giving you a D- in originality. I think most of us saw that little nugget coming from a mile away.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I sit on the highest point in Norman (kinda like saying you're the tallest of the seven dwarfs) and can see 15-20 miles to the West/North/East. I have a great view of the downtown skyline and love to sit and sip cold beverages on my back porch. Best view in the metro area!

/can also catch about 7 fireworks shows
    Thats very interesting. I live in Norman off Jenkins and Lindsey and I think the furthest south I've seen the OKC skyline is 19th street in Moore, with it not coming into clear view until Shields and 1-35. I would assume since most of Norman lies in the Canadian River vally it would be very difficult to see anything. I'm guessing you live in the rural, eastern part of town? I'd be very interested to see what your vantage point is.

i have to say that since i left dallas for okc... i don't have the road rage i used to have, i'm more patient, more relaxed, have more spendable income, have just as much to do, and have as high or a higher quality of life than i did there. also a lot less idiots and a$$holes cross my path. plus the dallasites complain that i took the party scene with me when i moved. poor dallas.
    Not to get off topic, but I couldn't agree more. Ever since I've moved here from Plano to Norman I feel like 50 pounds has been taken off my shoulder. I also don't feel like I have to "keep up with the Jones" since I'm not surrounded by yuppie credit card millionaires in their leased BMW's and Infiniti's. Going to Dallas for OU/Texas and family visits are honestly enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    Thats very interesting. I live in Norman off Jenkins and Lindsey and I think the furthest south I've seen the OKC skyline is 19th street in Moore, with it not coming into clear view until Shields and 1-35. I would assume since most of Norman lies in the Canadian River vally it would be very difficult to see anything. I'm guessing you live in the rural, eastern part of town? I'd be very interested to see what your vantage point is.

Just south of Tecumseh and NE 12th street.

23. Default Re: what's your favorite vantage point of the city?

I'll have to get a picture here in about 30-45 minutes of the downtown skyline from Heritage Park Mall's parking lot.

yeah the eastbound view on the NWX is the best in town, but what about on the road on top of lake hefner looking across the water it makes the NWX buildings look like a baby downtown and you can also see the true DT in the view it was especially cool when the 360 still changed colors.The I-35 I-40 junction looking west is cool........ DT view from all the way at the UCO campus. and who doesn't love the all time classic DT view going south on the broadway EXT ?

Coming off I 235 north at the Harrison Downtown exit at NE 6th gives an awesome view of downtown. Really good during sunrise.

Thread Information