Widgets Magazine

Thread: Trees are good!

Default Trees are good!

What's going on with the acres and acres of trees being removed south of I-40 and just east of Sunnylane (I think)?

I'm all for development, but not when it implies the destruction of densely wooded areas when there are plenty of bare lots available nearby.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Default Re: Trees are good!

Sidewalks are good too,

Rumor has it a new hotel and shopping center are being built on that lot.

As far as the bare lots are concerned, developers cannot touch those areas. Those areas are safety crash zones for Tinker.

Del City bought the land and tried to a build a business park on the NW corner of Sooner and 29th. Tinker stopped it because that area is a saftey zone. Just like the bare area between Midwest Blvd and the Tinker gate just before Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    As far as the bare lots are concerned, developers cannot touch those areas. Those areas are safety crash zones for Tinker.

Del City bought the land and tried to a build a business park on the NW corner of Sooner and 29th. Tinker stopped it because that area is a saftey zone. Just like the bare area between Midwest Blvd and the Tinker gate just before Douglas.
    That'd be a hell of a family picnic.

5. Default Re: Trees are good!

Can we please search the site before posting this stuff, there are already two threads started on the development. The "Crash Zones" are not set in stone yet, Del City's Shoppes filed for the land way before Tinker suggested the "Crash Zone" areas, it's all in the Midwest City Sun newspaper. Search for the other threads to see the URL I posted on the story.

//Edit// The trees only lined the creek area, other than that, it was clear field.

Mmonroe, you're more than welcome to search the site as much as you want, if that's what you meant by "we". On the other hand, all I had was a general location and removal of trees to go by. I'm not going to find a whole lot with that much, and if I knew to search for "Crash Zones", I wouldn't have to ask the question in the first place.

There's more than one way to skin a cat and I succeeded in getting the information I requested, even though you disapprove of my method.

By the way, telling people to search the site has been brought up ad nauseam. Can we please start posting the link to the original "search the site" post so we don't end up with a bunch of threads that ultimately say the same thing? I don't know which is the original, but I'll leave the searching up to you since that's your sort of thing. I think the posts start around 2004. Happy sifting.

7. Default Re: Trees are good!

You really just had to search I-40 and then look to see what forum area it was in "Mid-Del". If you read the TOS for the site, you're really not suppose to link to other threads about the same thing. I don't know why, but that's how it is.

Anybody see the new TV show Thread Cops....

The theme song goes something like this:

"Thread COPS Thread COPS whatcha gonna a do when they come for you.

The thread Cops have no life.......

They spend hours and hours on websites

They search and search until they find something they can gripe about..

Thread Cops.... Thread Cops.... Thread Cops whatch ya gonna do when they gripe at you."

Announcer:Thread Cops are members of the International Brotherhood of Chronic Complainers. All thread violators are guilty until proven innocent in a court of Bloggers.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    You really just had to search I-40 and then look to see what forum area it was in "Mid-Del". If you read the TOS for the site, you're really not suppose to link to other threads about the same thing. I don't know why, but that's how it is.
    Try this. Considering all I had at the time was a general location and trees being removed, do a search in the Mid-Del forum and see what you come up with. Without knowing what what is being developed in the first place, you can't really expect to piece together the results of the search.

Try it. See what you come up with and honestly acknowledge whether or not you would expect a reasonable person to find such a thread with as little information. By reasonable, I mean a person who isn't going to spend more time searching for an answer than it would to ask.

10. Default Re: Trees are good!

I did, and I found "Sooner and I-40 development" that seems like a general location to me.

@oneforone... not even worth my time.

11. Default Re: Trees are good!

OK ok, chill out folks. But it is kind of annoying seeing at least 3 different threads talking about the same stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    I did, and I found "Sooner and I-40 development" that seems like a general location to me.

@oneforone... not even worth my time.
    Oh, I see. So, somehow "trees being removed" and "I-40 near Sunnylane" somehow came up with those?

I tried a variety of ways to find such a thread given what little I had to go on and probably for good reason; when I clicked on the "Sooner and I-40 development" the thread mentions NOTHING about the removal of trees or Sunnylane, which is the area I thought was closest to the removal. So, how exactly am I supposed to find this thread?

Furthermore, why do you care so much about the possibility of having threads similar in nature? Why are you trying to police the boards and shun duplicate threads and cite the TOS about hotlinking when YOU hotlinked another thread in the same "Sooner and I-40 development" topic?

I first mentioned the Tinker/GM plant topic in June of last year and, since then, many similar threads have spawned. You don't see me getting all bent out-of-shape, do you? Quit trying to enforce the laws of mmonroe and let's discuss what's happening in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    OK ok, chill out folks. But it is kind of annoying seeing at least 3 different threads talking about the same stuff here.
    You mean like the thousands of posts regarding the duplication of threads? Everytime someone responds with the "duplicate thread" stuff, they're actually duplicating another thousand posts that have already covered the same gripe.

There are dozens of things on this site that annoy me. For one, I can't stand misspelled words and improper grammar. At the same time, I get annoyed at the ones who choose to point out the mistakes as if they're a living guide to speaking and writing perfect English. I can go on and on about what annoys me, but the one thing you won't see me do is trying to censor someone simply because it annoys me.

If it annoys you and you want the thread to die, your best hope of not getting annoyed again is not responding or paying attention to the thread altogether. By patrolling the mean streets of OKCTalk and enforcing the "duplicate thread" law, you're only keeping those "duplicate threads" alive.

I will admit, however, this thread is getting a bit annoying and drawn out.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCM View Post

I will admit, however, this thread is getting a bit annoying and drawn out.
    Since this thread is getting so long, I would like to respond by asking everyone to let it die. I get annoyed at seeing long threads continue on and on and instead of ignoring it altogether, I just wanted to point out that it was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCM View Post
    Since this thread is getting so long, I would like to respond by asking everyone to let it die. I get annoyed at seeing long threads continue on and on and instead of ignoring it altogether, I just wanted to point out that it was annoying.
    Does anyone agree?

16. Default Re: Trees are good!

Unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    Rumor has it a new hotel and shopping center are being built on that lot.

Actually Del City did not buy that land. The County deeded it to them to build a co-operative business park just like the one on the other side of the road. It wasnt Tinker that did not like that but that Gaylord paper didnt.

Business expansion can go into the crash zones it just has to be controlled.
    That being said, the Sams store on 29th is an absolute violation of the Air Force regulations and the fuel pumps put in latter are an even bigger violation of the Air force regulations. That is a big threat to Tinker if they choose to push it.

Thread Information