Widgets Magazine

Thread: Restaurant Suggestion

Default Restaurant Suggestion

My wife and I will be in Norman for our 5 year wedding anniversary so I am looking for a nice place to celebrate over dinner. We used to live in Norman so I immediately thought of Legends, but are there any other suggestions? I am looking for someplace nice and unique (preferably no chains). Another idea I had is Gajin Suhi - is it nice enough for an anniversary dinner?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Restaurant Suggestion

I would suggest Benvenutis off of Main and Jenkins. Nice atmosphere for a date and very good Italian food.

Absolutely agree with the two above.

Victoria's Pasta on Campus Corner (Buchanan and White) is excellent, all though somewhat more casual.

Also, Seven47 on Asp has pretty good food, but maybe not extremely good date atmosphere.

Benvenutis is probably what I would choose though.

I like Blu, and its reasonably priced, too.

Copia on the Corridor on east Main food's really impressive

6. Default Re: Restaurant Suggestion

Othello's, Blu, Legends.

I'd highly recommend Benvenutis, too...

Blu is a new name to me (but I don't get out much these days.)
    Location & environment? Favorite menu item?

Kevin,

You can check out Blu's website at Blu Homepage

It is located at 201 S. Crawford, and the environment is clean and progressive.

I really like to go for their feature fish, or their lamb, which are all off the menu. On the menu, their salmon is good, and their potstickers and other appetizers are outstanding.

Thanks. I did not recall someone had gone into that location. I suppose I ought to go dt more often.

Don't do Gaijin. It's got great food, but it is in a really unfinished strip mall and isn't the nicest looking place you could go. Seven47 is nice and offers good food but it suffers from the college binge drinking crowd on some nights. I'd probably skip it.

I think Victoria's and Blu are both great suggestions. Victoria's is pasta and has a great selection of wines. Blu is a nice snazzy little place. They have a modern retro look going on inside and their menu includes lots of great high quality foods. They have good bartenders too and a very good wine selection.

Actually, I'm thinking Blu now, give it a shot.

Note that every third Sunday they have a wine tasting dinner. It's a little pricey but a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsooners View Post
    My wife and I will be in Norman for our 5 year wedding anniversary so I am looking for a nice place to celebrate over dinner. We used to live in Norman so I immediately thought of Legends, but are there any other suggestions? I am looking for someplace nice and unique (preferably no chains). Another idea I had is Gajin Suhi - is it nice enough for an anniversary dinner?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Hopefully, I'm not too late to join in the conversation. I'd suggest re-visiting a favorite spot from your Norman days. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest Othello's (although the last time I visited it wasn't as stellar as in year's past). I love the Campus Corner locale and the quirkiness that goes along with it. Plus, you can catch a band at one of the local joints in the area and enjoy some after dinner drinks.

Congratulations!

Turquoise -- Campus Corner

Thread Information