Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sooner and I-40 development

1. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

Quote Originally Posted by narrowexpanded View Post
    Heard from BWW management that a Carls Jr. would be built in front of BWW facing Sooner Road. I am not excited about this development in the least. Nothing against Carls Jr...just think its a bad idea. Especially if it goes in where I was told it would...so add that to the rumored list
    Carl's Jr?! That's sad. We don't need common fast food resturant there, especially Carl's Jr!

2. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

That rumored story about Carl's Jr building in the mentioned space is a VERY BAD IDEA!

I drove by just after 10pm and saw the space COMPLETELY FULL!

Yup, that's right, Buffalo Wild Wings NEED MORE SPACE!!!

Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

So is the redevelopment near BWWings at a complete hault? What's going on?

I saw survey crews out there at lunch yesterday. I think the burger place is starting construction. Last time I asked I was told that FEMA and Conoco had held things up so long that some committed businesses had gone elsewhere, but that there were still a number who actually own parcels in the development, including the hotel, so they will be starting as soon as the pipeline mess is sorted out and the stop light can be put in.

Dirt has started to move on the lot east of BWW..

Keep an eye on the south end of the development also........In addition I hear new developemnt will begi soon over by the new ONCUE..........
    Yerp Del City's on the move again after 20 years of bad political management

The Carl's Jr. is not a rumor. It is a done deal just as a Discount Tire is a done deal on the South end of the development. I think Del City has some great management. Since Mayor Linley has been there, all sorts of improvements have been happening. I have first hand experience that he cares about the people and works to make things better.
    Last edited by plmccordj; 02-19-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: clarification

8. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

I'd like to see the 15th and I-40 project to kick off. They've been eating up the land, but now it just looks sad there.

Its coming, I can feel it in my bones

Compradas Mexican as well as a Louies are now in the works.
    Discount tire will break groun any day now

11. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    Compradas Mexican as well as a Louies are now in the works.
    Discount tire will break groun any day now
    Those two are new to me, so I consider it acceptable.

However, Discount Tire sounds like junk, unless someone want to tell me why its so praised.

Carl's Jr. Yuck! They tried that here already and failed. I do not know why the city approved of this. We want restaurants and places that will be unique, not another fast food chain, especially at that corner.

Discount Tire is a great company. Been around many years and good prices on tires and good service. Plus, I gotta support an Arizona based company

Me too. I use to live near 43rd and Camelback Road near Alhambra High School. That is a rough area these days.

Quote Originally Posted by PHXguyinOKC View Post
    Discount Tire is a great company. Been around many years and good prices on tires and good service. Plus, I gotta support an Arizona based company
    This. I love Arizona in general and Phoenix specifically.

15. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

There is nothing 'crappy' about that house. It is very nice on the outside and even better on the inside. They sold the land being developed but not their homestead. Part of the deal had one of the homes on the property moved to its current location.

I think old farm houses are pretty cool. There is nothing wrong with maintaining a little character. We dont have to pave every square inch next to the section line roads -- in fact, we shouldnt.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    There is nothing 'crappy' about that house. It is very nice on the outside and even better on the inside. They sold the land being developed but not their homestead. Part of the deal had one of the homes on the property moved to its current location.
    Who said this old homestead house is crappy. I know the owner personally and I think she would disagree its crappy.

Thread Information