Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sooner and I-40 development

Default Sooner and I-40 development

I heard through the grapevine that along with Buffalo Wild Wings, Del City will be getting a Charleston's and Johnnies Hamburgers. Has anyone heard of any other businesses coming in to that area?

Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

That would be awesome! As a long time Del City resident, it would be nice to have some positive development.

From what I understand Del City is getting some new Retail Type stores and even a nice motel.

4. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

I'm wondering why this wasn't added to the other thread on the Shoppes in Del City...

I don't see that thread anywhere.

6. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

If that is the place what I'm thinking everyone is talking about, being flattened right now. I think Target should've gotten that land. Divided by a highway, a WalMart Supercenter and a Super Target.

There is a lonely house there and it needs to be bought out and removed.

The whole piece of land is enough for Super Target, some retail stores and resturants, and a mega ferris wheel.

7. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

I think the area is actually going to be a step up from your usual Target type stores and be a nice asset to area. The afore mentioned house on Sooner, the owners will not sell for anything. I don't know why.. it's just how they are.

8. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

Well, it is a lone house and they will lose it to Eniment Domain.

9. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

Not necessarily. There's nothing that would put the city in a position to do that.

I'm sure they are happy in their home, but if they were smart, they would take the cash because I'm sure they are being offered far more than they crappy place is worth. I don't know these people, but I'm sure it's an older couple that's been there forever and just don't want to move.

my brother was saying he saw the house in a documentary and that its over a hundred years old owned by the same family

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Not necessarily. There's nothing that would put the city in a position to do that.

I'm sure they are happy in their home, but if they were smart, they would take the cash because I'm sure they are being offered far more than they crappy place is worth. I don't know these people, but I'm sure it's an older couple that's been there forever and just don't want to move.

Nope, the Old Couple live in Grapevine Texas. The current occupant, great great grand daughter of the original homesteader is in her late 40's.
    As I am told she cant stand to sell out the place and has considered a bed and breakfast.

12. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

A B&B would be nice...

Don't know if the middle of a Super target parking lot is the best place for one, but we're no where near a saturation point for good B&B's, so luck to her.
    Last edited by kevinpate; 07-07-2008 at 06:02 AM. Reason: typo

14. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Don't know if the middle of a Super target parking lot is the best place for one, but we're no where near a saturation point for good B&B's, so luck to her.
    You think a Super Target is going to be built at that location?

I wished it was, but I am sure it will not be.

If they relocate to that better spot, that would be great.

Well I heard the Golden Coral on AD is shutting down and moving to that spot.....But thats from a friend s wifes sister who is a waitress over ther..............so

Also a Perkins restaurant is coming to the location so they say..............

16. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

I seriosuly doubt Target will rebuild. All they are missing is a grocery store...big whoop. If they build on Sooner, then they are right across the road from Super Walmart, and they hate doing that....and probably never would. Plus, I'm sure they have a lease with MWC that would prevent them from leaving that fast. I would be VERY pissed if they left because I walk between stores on 29th all the time, including Target. And I can gurantee foot traffic would slow if they weren't on 29th....no matter what stores go in on Sooner.

I dont think that Target is coming to Sooner road.

That house is from land run days, as I recall. I believe it has protection as a historical site.

19. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

The development in that area, are they planning to leave the house and portion of the property untouched? Are they planning to continue new constructions beyond and around the house toward to edge of 29th? Anyone have any renderings of the shopping center being built and potential businesses interested?

20. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

There were some small renderings a while back, but they didn't cover the amount of land they are developing now. I actually haven't noticed any dirt work south of the home...unless I'm blind. But I would find it completeley plausible to build on either side of it. Then once they can in the future, they bulldoze it and just fill in with a couple more small shops and parking lot.

21. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

There is no work being done on the south side. They are still working north of that house. Right now, they are fixing up the creek. It looks like the creek was widen and they got layers of rocks on both side. It would be interesting to see what they plan to do there, maybe some kind of bridge for vehicles to travel across. At least they are designing the landscape as natural can be, with the creek still being there. I wonder if they are adding a fountain.

any new news on this?

23. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

I saw part of something that looked like a structure...but maybe it was just model beacuse there aren't and slabs yet. It was weird.

24. Default Re: Sooner and I-40 development

They are now start working on the south side. I see piles of dirt. That house gonna be right in the middle of it all.

Thread Information