Patrick, get over yourself.

Default Re: Neighborhoods

@ Shadow ...

Here's some info for you ...

pretty good search tool if you haven't seen or used it:
    MLSGateway.com

East of I-35

- Redbud Canyon, Covell/Midwest Blvd/Douglas - you know it already

- Cardinal Ridge, Covell/Danforth/Douglas (south of RBC)

- Hidden Lake, Danforth/Midwest Blvd/Air Depot
    Hidden Lake location and schools

- Stone Valley Ranch -
    McCaleb Homes - Communities - Stone Valley Ranch

- Chitwood Farms (maybe too far East) - I like this area though.
    Turner & Company Communities : Communities

- Fountain Gate - right off I-35, between 15th & 33rd
    Steppe Co Construction & Engineering - Edmond, Oklahoma

- Air Depot/Covell - Can't recall name of addition. Right off I-35.

- I'm sure there are several more that I'm overlooking and maybe some older ones but these come to my mind.

West of I-35

- Clayton Pond - right off I-35 @ 2nd Street

- Fox Lake - right off I-35 @ 15th Street (behind Wal-Mart)
    - Other neighborhoods in that area

- Creek Bend - 15th St

- Tall Oaks - 33rd Street (various sub-divisions)

- Arrowhead Hills - 15th/33rd

- FairFax - Covell/Coltrane-Sooner

- Huntwick - Coltrane/2nd-Danforth

- Fairway Estates - Danforth/Coltrane

- Faircloud - Danforth/Coltrane

- Olde Edmond - Coltrane/Danforth

- Asheforde Oaks - Covell/Coltrane

- Steeplechase - Coffee Creek/Coltrane

- The Ranch - Coffee Creek/Coltrane

- The Bluffs at Pine Creek - Sorghum/Sooner
    McCaleb Homes - Communities - The Bluffs
    http://www.mccalebhomes.com/pdfs/thebluffs.pdf

- Walnut Ridge Estates (older) - Sorghum/Coltrane

Again, this is probably not a good, complete list but these are some nice areas and I'd say they hover in the 300k range or higher. I probably missed a lot of areas in and around these so forgive that.

I tried to go up/down I-35 and not go too far East or West (maybe a couple of exceptions). Since you have a realtor (i think you said that previously), you might be familiar with some of these but based on what you've talked about and what I think you might be looking for, these seem to be good areas.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by shadow42 View Post
    Yes, agree with you about the trees. Plus my husband will be commuting to Tinker for work and does not want to be in the Deer Creek area. He wants closer to I35. And since we saw Valencia and the homes affected by the recent tornado, we are pretty much not looking over in that area at all. His colleagues have convinced us that tornados do have a path they like to take and so that area is more likely to be hit again than another area. So, enough said. We really loved Oak Tree Park, but I think we may want more of a yard. What do you think about Raintree Acres or Cedar Creek Estates? Want to look at those when we arrive in June. Really want some property coming from socal and having nothing but a patio for a yard. Thanks for your input.
    his colleagues have no idea what they're talking about... that's false...

4. Default Re: Neighborhoods

His colleagues have convinced us that tornados do have a path they like to take and so that area is more likely to be hit again than another area.
    ooooh, I missed that one.

I believe that is most definitely false as we learned last night.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post

ooooh, I missed that one.

I believe that is most definitely false as we learned last night.
    Well, the joke is that Moore is in one of those paths.

I just think that God hates Moore.

-- Shadow, those are good neighborhoods. Raintree is nice because it has really quick access to the interstate without having to screw with Edmond traffic. That is a huge plus, IMHO. The lake views ain't bad either. A friend of mine is a developer. He owns a lot out there and can do a custom job. He really does go the extra mile as far as quality. He did my folks' house, used 4x6's instead of 2x4's, went to great lengths to anchor the foundation, took a lot of steps that other developers just wouldn't take.

6. Default Re: Neighborhoods

Mid, I love Raintree... but am worried about the noise from the Turnpike .. do your parents mention it? I've often thought of moving there.. the views are awesome and the area is beautiful. Do you notice it when you visit?

I love Deer Creek and Piedmont. Much quieter than Edmond.

8. Default Re: Neighborhoods

I love Deer Creek and Piedmont. Much quieter than Edmond.
    True, it is quieter I suppose. Schools are great.

What has scared me from moving to Deer Creek is all the flooding.

Plus, I'm more of a tree person, I like a varied terrain with lots of trees and hills.

You have a point about the trees and flooding. It seems like some areas in Deer Creek are more flood-prone than others. I'd imagine as the area continues to develop, drainage will improve. Much of the area is still rural, and dependent on drainage ditches, which don't drain heavy rains as well as city drainage systems.
    I do like the trees in Edmond, but most of the treed areas are more expensive. Most of the more affordable homes on the west side of Edmond were built on pastures just like Deer Creek. Edmond schools are over-crowded, which doesn't seem to be the case in Deer Creek and Piedmont, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    Mid, I love Raintree... but am worried about the noise from the Turnpike .. do your parents mention it? I've often thought of moving there.. the views are awesome and the area is beautiful. Do you notice it when you visit?
    Not at all.

Not until you mentioned it had it even occurred to me that this would even be an issue.

There is also Cascata Falls - East of Bryant on Simmons

Shadow ... here's a couple of more:

Belleau Wood - SW corner of Air Depot and Sorghum Mills
    Landmark Fine Homes - Belleau Wood

Canaan Creek - NW corner of Air Depot and Coffee Creek

Coffee Creek Estates - Douglas/Covell

I live in River Oaks, just off 35 at Sooner and Hefner. Edmond address with OKC taxes and utilities (well we have well and septic in this neighborhood, but OKC trash pickup). The school here (Oakdale) is great and it's own district for k-8. Then the kids go to EMS for high school. There's also Oakdale Valley, Oakdale Meadows, and a few other neighborhoods around here. Depends on how much $$ you want to spend, though!

WOW!!!! Great info from everyone. Thank you sooo much. Will be checking all those neighborhoods for sure.

BTW....who is Tom Ward? Hope I don't sound stupid asking that.

15. Default Re: Neighborhoods

Tom Ward is the CEO of Sandridge Energy, and is part of the Sonics' ownership group.

late to the thread, but I also live in Redbud Canyon. It takes me 20 minutes to get to MWC, whenever I work over there. Beautiful neighborhood, if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. I'm also on the HOA board if you have questions about covenants.

Hi. Wondering how friendly is the neighborhood of RB Canyon. Are the neighbors easy to meet? Are there neighborhood events like BBQ's or similar? Are there young children that live there, or mostly older? My boys are 3 and 5 years...Thanks.

Couple of examples of our familiy setting, we are getting ready to have a neighborhood end of the school year ice cream social Fri night. We are also getting neighborhood volunteers and families to put out little American flags throughout the neighborhood for Memorial Day. So yes we are a very family friendly neighborhood.

RBC is a very family friendly neighborhood. There are always a ton of kids out playing and there are a ton of pools in the neighborhood, with pretty much open access to friendly people.
    There is actually a family icecream get-together Friday night to celebrate the end of the school year. And Sat several families are getting together to put out mini-American flags to celebrate Memorial Day, and we put these in everybody's front yard. So you'll find that RBC is a very pro-family neighborhood. Let me know if you have any other questions.

So, we have moved and now looking for a home. I like Belmont Farms, OakTree Park and Cardinal Ridge. So, wondering if anyone has opinions on these neigbhorhoods...especially Cardinal Ridge, which is very new but soooo pretty. Could't tell if there were lots of families with kids there. Thanks.

I'd vote for Belmont or Cardinal ... I liked Oak Tree Park but I always thought it had a few houses in there that caused it to not look as nice. I haven't been over there in quite some time so that could be a wrong perception.

Welcome to Edmond & Oklahoma!

Thread Information