Widgets Magazine
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 222324252627

Thread: More News on Sonics Lawsuit

1. Default Re: More News on Sonics Lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by swartzphotography View Post
    Wow I never realized there was this much interest in having the sonics come here
    Seriously??

Default Re: More News on Sonics Lawsuit

Judgemen day. 6 P.M.

Yeah. I wish I were more hopeful about the outcome. I think there's a far better chance the Sonics' win than I did two weeks ago, but I still can't feel optimistic. Hope I'm wrong!

However, even this losing this trial doesn't mean the Sonics will be in Seattle for two years. If Schultz's lawsuit goes away, which it should, I look for the city of Seattle to settle. At that point, they only have something to lose, although it will be trickier with their brand new assessment of almost $200 million in intangible benefits to having the team. They could have paid for a $500 million arena in three years if they really believed that made up figure.

The only outcome that would surprise me is a settlement. I can make arguments for either party being victorious, but I think the personalities, and the politicos of the NW needing votes in the future, make a settlement very unlikely.

5. Default Re: More News on Sonics Lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    The only outcome that would surprise me is a settlement. I can make arguments for either party being victorious, but I think the personalities, and the politicos of the NW needing votes in the future, make a settlement very unlikely.
    I feel about this way. NO way settlement, now, or that would have come in the Friday-Thursday trial break.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    hope you are suprised

You may officially color me me as surprised as the day my spouse walked into my office with a dozen red roses ... her way of telling me, as I had told her with roses a few years prior, "another day, another a"

The press conference will be interesting, but yeah buddy, I must concede I was taken by surprise this time.

8. Default Re: More News on Sonics Lawsuit

another day, another a
    What does this mean?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    What does this mean?
    long long ago, in a lifetime far far away, my spouse and I had been at odds over the name for our second child, gender unknown at the time. She was committed to a name that began with A, irrespective of the child's gender. I was on board for a lad's name, but I was, well, less than committed to the letter A if we had another lass.

When I realized how important it was to her (I am dense, but somewhat trainable), I sent a dozen roses to her at work. The card said simply 'another day, another A.' She was all smiles later as she related her day and the assumption by many this was a bit over the top for a course grade.

Fast forward a few years ...
    She learns we're to be blessed with our third child. She walks into my office smiling, carrying a dozen roses, and announces to staff and friends who admire the flowers that these roses are not from me, they are for me.

Our eyes met. No further explanation was necessary, at least between us. We did finally calm our combined laughter and merriment in order to quell the confusion of those around us.

Flowers can lead to a 4th child. Those things should come with a warning label.

Good story by the way. You should post it on Lovingyou.com: Love, Romance and Relationship Resources

It is clean website for all things romance.

11. Default Re: More News on Sonics Lawsuit

Did anyone see the Ch. 9 10pm broadcast that had Seattle reporter (and former Ch. 9 reporter) Gary Horcher's story on how the SoS group had planned a huge rally a Key Arena today and even went as far as to hire TWO off duty cops in case things got rowdy?

Well, during his story, about 8-10 people were behind him and he said those people were there waiting for concert tickets to go on sale! He said he couldn't find one person that was there for the SoS rally.

Seattle

12. Default Re: More News on Sonics Lawsuit

Fast forward a few years ...
    She learns we're to be blessed with our third child. She walks into my office smiling, carrying a dozen roses, and announces to staff and friends who admire the flowers that these roses are not from me, they are for me.
    Awesome story! I've been trying to figure it out.. glad you explained!

Intrepid, yeah, I don't think very many people in Seattle other than a few diehard fans are all that torn up over this decision.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Thread Information