Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

Default Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

Guys sorry if this is already posted. NewsOK is reporting that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will debut in OKC. This is huge news for the city. For those of you who don't know this is considered the most anticipated movie of the decade.

New 'Indiana Jones' movie to debut in Oklahoma City | NewsOK.com

Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

I think this is awesome and I for one would love to go to it. I hope some of the stars come out to this.

3. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

It comes out in theatres on May 23. I doubt this is THE premiere, but it's still very exciting. I hope some of the stars come.

I am sure it's not going to be like what you see in LA or NY, but like you said jbrown it is still exciting. I think the article said Matt Damon attended the OKC event for Bourne 3 so you never know. It would really be cool if Ford, Spielberg or Lucas showed up.

5. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

Very nice.. Was it Riverwind ( where they premiered Mel Gibson's movie?)

I hope they do it at the new Warren Theater.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

6. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

Anywhere in the OKC Metro would be fine with me.

big enough movie it wouldn't surprise me to see it devoted to multiple screens, per house, for several nights running, throughout the metro, the other metro and even the smaller not quite ready for prime time metros

8. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

"..proceeds from the special opening will benefit a local children's hospital, officials announced this morning."

Wow. Someone did some great work.....

It will probably be like Harkins, just like all his other premieres. If not, he may be considering the Warren since it's so nice. Normally they flat out say Harkins, but since they said "a theater has not been announced" this leads me to believe they are seriously considering Warren in Moore.

10. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    It will probably be like Harkins, just like all his other premieres. If not, he may be considering the Warren since it's so nice. Normally they flat out say Harkins, but since they said "a theater has not been announced" this leads me to believe they are seriously considering Warren in Moore.
    Maybe they're trying to get Bill Warren to make a sizable donation to the hospital in exchange to have the premier at The Warren.

11. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

Warren sounds like a better fix.. but since it's a premiere, would they have the time to dub the film to digital?

12. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

After re-reading it I found this, "will be May 18 in Oklahoma City" but was befuddled by this, "The location and ticket prices haven't been determined, Coppenbarger said."

Where else in "Oklahoma City", would you hold a premiere?

13. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

it turns out that it is a private screening...

14. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    After re-reading it I found this, "will be May 18 in Oklahoma City" but was befuddled by this, "The location and ticket prices haven't been determined, Coppenbarger said."

Where else in "Oklahoma City", would you hold a premiere?
    Not that this would be a viable option now, but wasn't there a big premier of something a few years back at the Penn Square theater?

If it's gonna be held in Oklahoma City, then Bricktown is the right choice. I would also agree that it's the right choice because of it's surroundings. Then again, having Sonic and Earl's Rib Palace are hardly any better, IMO. But with the big buildings and the Bricktown "atmosphere", that makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by edcrunk View Post
    it turns out that it is a private screening...
    Premieres are almost always (if not always) private screenings. You can't have Joe Blow wondering down the red carpet in his tank top, not to mention they are usually fundraising events, $150 a ticket or such.

[QUOTE=Intrepid;139424]Not that this would be a viable option now, but wasn't there a big premier of something a few years back at the Penn Square theater?

Twister.

Considering the movie's theme, maybe they plan on having the premier at the Tower Theatre

17. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

[QUOTE=securityinfo;139537]
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Not that this would be a viable option now, but wasn't there a big premier of something a few years back at the Penn Square theater?

Twister.
    Thank you!

18. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

I'm pretty sure the Bourne Ultimatum premiere here was open to anyone that wanted to pay the $150 a ticket.

19. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Premieres are almost always (if not always) private screenings. You can't have Joe Blow wondering down the red carpet in his tank top, not to mention they are usually fundraising events, $150 a ticket or such.
    wondering???
    i'm just saying that the paper put out a reclarification of the event since it appearantly had been missrepresented in the story that got everyone excited...

btw, i always wander down red carpets in my wife beater (& flip flops) to movie premieres in oklahoma.

=-]

ed, I understand. For one, the final details haven't been ironed out (which the paper stated), thus the paper can't "clarify" it yet. When it says "closed" it means you can't walk up to the window and get a $9.00 ticket and get into the premiere. It "is somewhat" open to the public in that if you spend @$150 a ticket or so, and you get one before they sell out, then you can get it, but not just everyday customers paying regular admission wearing their OU t-shirt and flip flops. As far as better clarification, I'll leave that for you to decide, but Carrie Coppernoll wrote the article, so that speaks for itself IMO. She basically writes high school level articles that belong in a school newspaper.

Frank Marshall is the producer of this movie and produced/premiered the Bourne' series movies at Harkins. This is my first guess that he'll go with what he knows and as others stated, Bricktown has a nicer vibe than say the crappy Dickinson Theatre at Penn Sq. or AMC at Quail. I did find it intriguing that he didn't flat out announce it was going to be at Harkins, thus indicating to me he may strongly be considering Warren, or Warren threw a strong offer at him, since they have Oklahoma's finest theatre, even if the local isnt as nice as Bricktown.

21. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

right on... thanx for clarifying.
    however, i must add that wearing an OU tee and flip flops is somewhat classy... but we do need some standards so that joe blow doesn't show up in an OSU tee and flip flops (now, that would be tacky)

agreed, no OSU shirts.

23. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

Go Pokes?

24. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    Go Pokes?

I think you meant, NO Pokes.

25. Default Re: Indy 4 to debut in OKC!!!!

We are a house divided. OsU

Thread Information