Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What's happening in Yukon??

Default Re: What's happening in Yukon??

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post

it's maurices!!!! no way is yukon oklahoma getting a maurices!
    Yukon has had a maurices for years by the dollar movie theater and big lots. They are just moving to a newer location (probably with cheaper leasing too).

2. Default Re: What's happening in Yukon??

SuperTarget is celebrating Grand Opening today in Yukon!

If you're in the area, go check it out, before the customers make a mess in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    SuperTarget is celebrating Grand Opening today in Yukon!

If you're in the area, go check it out, before the customers make a mess in the store.
    I was in there yesterday. It's a nice store! Bad part is, you can't look around, I was asked about 20 times "can I help you find something?" I don't like that. If I need help, I'll find you.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChris7 View Post
    I was in there yesterday. It's a nice store! Bad part is, you can't look around, I was asked about 20 times "can I help you find something?" I don't like that. If I need help, I'll find you.
    That is probably done to please the Target Big Wigs. I have grand opened a couple of retail stores in my time. Each time everybody was overly friendly with the customers for the sake the Big Wigs are there which forces the management to poke and prod the employees to jump through hoops. I heard the phrase "Make sure every customer gets that top notch customer service. We want them to love us so they will come back and shop with us again and again." so many times I wanted to strangle one of my store directors.

Give it a week or two and things will calm down to the enviroment you are used to when you shop at Target.

Any info on what will be in the new building going up north of Johnny Carino's or any other construction news for I-40 and Garth Brooks area??

The new Target is great. Got the kids Pizza Hut the last two times on the way out and it was hot and fresh both times. It is nice not having to fight the Wal Mart crowd!
    Westside needed a bump.

6. Default Re: What's happening in Yukon??

That new Target... Are you enjoying the new carts?

Yes, Why? Something I should know?

8. Default Re: What's happening in Yukon??

They ain't replacing carts at the MWC store.

Speaking of Target Shopping Carts... My family frequented the store at 44th and Western when I was kid. I would laugh my ass off when the wind would catch a cart and roll it across the lot. Man the carts they had back then could gain some serious speed.

Most of them would smack the curb and flip over. A few would roll in to traffic on Western. It was funny seeing the cars dodge the runaway carts. Fortunately none of them I seen ever hit a car. A select few would make it across into the Sears parking lot.

These days the carts do not move as far because the Midfirst Bank building deflects some of the wind and the speed bumps stop the few that do get caught in the wind.

Anyway.... back to the thread.

that reminds me of crest in moore, the parking lot is slopped and goes straight towards eastern, very dangerous..... So changing back to subject.. Is the craft mall still there the one in the chisolm trail shopping center?

Anyone know what is going in that new building being built next to Carino's? William's has changed over to Homeland.

dirt is being moved between sonic and the hotel on the s.w. corner of mustang rd. and i-40. anybody know what's going on? i heard many moons ago that a braums would be built in that area, but that was a long time ago and i have given up on that.

Anybody still interested in Yukon?

Yukon is widening mustang rd....finally!

I live in Ashville N.C. and I have a friend in Mustang Ok. that I have lost touch with. Does anyone know Ricky Little? He's a Teacher-Coach in Mustang schools.

gen70, do you know what he teaches and what grade, school??

Yukon is widening mustang rd....finally!
    Woohoo! Hopefully the 10th St and Mustang Rd Intersection is next.

what about that mustang rd and old hiway 4 intersection..gosh....that whole strech of mustang rd is bad. i guess the city of yukon finally had to do something now that the new high school is going in right there.

gen70, do you know what he teaches and what grade, school??
    I really don't remember it's been a long time.

dirt is being moved between sonic and the hotel on the s.w. corner of mustang rd. and i-40. anybody know what's going on? i heard many moons ago that a braums would be built in that area, but that was a long time ago and i have given up on that.
    Unless. I am mistaken I think that is the location of a new Golden Corral.

Golden Corral wouldn't be bad! So they are widening Czech Hall between I-40 and Reno. Does anyone else think this may be so that the Westpointe center can be expanded all along the huge piece of land between Czech Hall and Garth Brooks?

oneforone, where did you hear about the golden corral? a developer told me a braums was going to be built out there. ofcourse she also told me a sports center with batting cages and stuff like that was going to go up, but that never happeded. i hope it's a golden corral, it better be better than the old one. superchris, i think they are widen the rd. because it needed to be done for years. just like mustamg rd. ?westpoint?

oneforone, where did you hear about the golden corral? a developer told me a braums was going to be built out there. ofcourse she also told me a sports center with batting cages and stuff like that was going to go up, but that never happeded. i hope it's a golden corral, it better be better than the old one. superchris, i think they are widen the rd. because it needed to be done for years. just like mustamg rd. ?westpoint?
    I thought I had seen it on newsok.com in the building permit listings. I tried to find it;however, I did not have any luck finding it today. I will keep looking when I have more time later.

24. Default Re: What's happening in Yukon??

Im sorry but with a Braums at I-40 and Garth Brooks they really dont need a new one on Mustang Rd. Golden Corral would be Fantastic. Although My wife would have me picking up rolls every day. Some other things I have heard from very reliable sources is that there may be a Hotel going up between Arvest Bank (I think thats the name) and Canadian Valley Hospital. There is also a parcel of land west of the hospital that is close to being developed. Czech Hall Rd may have been widened due to the new VoTech. If that is the case they really need to keep going south from Reno to 15th. The next few years are going to see massive growth out here on the west side of OKC. A little Birdy also told me about a sports bar in the new building in front of Target!

superchris, i think they are widen the rd. because it needed to be done for years. just like mustamg rd. ?westpoint?
    Just a thought.....

Thread Information