Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening in Yukon??

Default Re: What's happening in Yukon??

Petsmart sign went up Tuesday. North of Carino's.

SuperChris should be happy...and his/hers pet.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    SuperChris should be happy...and his/hers pet.
    His pets will be happy! Has anyone found out about Penney's?

Has anyone tried Chequers off Mustang Rd and I-40 (the old Denney's) We ate there last night. It was alright. The fries tasted like they were baked instead of fried. The burger was great! I'm not sure if their coke machine was down, but I think they poured our drinks out of cans. We got some coupons in the mail for them. Dinner ended up being $12 for the 2 of us with the coupon. Prices aren't bad.

That just seems like a risky location. I hope it makes it. Is it mainly a burger joint? I like mexican and italian too much. Used to frequent Las Fajitas often until they started charging $4.25 or $4.50 for a Tecate. Alfredos is ok but no beer. There is a little hole in the wall mexican joint downtown that I have heard is good but I have yet to try it out. Has anyone tried Louigi's in Mustang?

Quote Originally Posted by fire121 View Post
    That just seems like a risky location. I hope it makes it. Is it mainly a burger joint? I like mexican and italian too much. Used to frequent Las Fajitas often until they started charging $4.25 or $4.50 for a Tecate. Alfredos is ok but no beer. There is a little hole in the wall mexican joint downtown that I have heard is good but I have yet to try it out. Has anyone tried Louigi's in Mustang?
    No, it actually has a little bit of everything. I just wasn't too impressed with it. It would be a good place for drinks though. They had decent prices on the bar menu. I'm not a fan of Alfredo's. I don't care for their beef. I do like the free chips and queso, and desert. It's probably just personal taste, because most people I talk to love it. I'm with you on Mexican/Italian!! I haven't tried Louigi's. I'm interested to hear about it.

A friend who is a manager for Penney's says they have put a halt on new construction due to the lack luster economy.

Has anyone tried Louigi's in Mustang?
    If this is the place in the old DQ on 152, yes, IMO it is good. i have always wanted to try that hole in thw wall mex place downtown but my wife always balks at it. if i was smart, i would have insisted on going there for fathers day...but didn't think of it. i heard there is new cajun place in yukon..the big and easy...or something like that, if you like cajun. they say thier specailty ic catfish.
    A friend who is a manager for Penney's says they have put a halt on new construction due to the lack luster economy.
    shucks, i imagine Kholes is happy about that.

Sucks for Yukon, but hopefully it will still end up coming. I disagree with Penney's decision. The economy is cyclical, and will prosper again. Since the economy is being driven by fuel at this point, stores should focus on building in more areas. They would get a lot of business out here as we wouldn't have to drive to Quail or Penn.

This only has a little bit to do with Yukon/Mustang, but does anyone know how much Blockbuster charges to rent Blu-Ray discs?

I haven't driven over there in a while, does anyone know what is going in the strip they built next to the theatre? There's a new strip next to GameStop/Dollar Tree, does anyone know what will go in there? The remodel of the north side of the Chisolm West shopping center looks nice!!

I am so glad Yukon is growing ad getting the retail selection that it needs, I think JcPennys is making a mistake holding off on building, there i no mall on the west side of the city and with gas prices the way they are people would rather stay closer to there location as possible, the yukon, mustang and far west okc can support a jcpennys, there is no other jc pennies around ...build it already and build a small add on to jcpennies to put clints cajun in there ( I just had to say it )

Quote Originally Posted by dalelakin View Post
    I don't care if it is in Yukon Mustang or anywhere on the far west side but PLEASE give us a new grocery store. It amazes me that as many housing developments as there are in this area there hasn't been a new one go in yet...

Not in Yukon but there is the an IHOP and new Hotel going in on Mustang RD. Also anyone know what is going in on the SE corner of Morgan and 15th? There is a sign that shows "Financing provided by blah blah."
    Morgan and 15th will be a new police station. Not sure if it will be on the NE or SE corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    I am so glad Yukon is growing ad getting the retail selection that it needs, I think JcPennys is making a mistake holding off on building, there i no mall on the west side of the city and with gas prices the way they are people would rather stay closer to there location as possible, the yukon, mustang and far west okc can support a jcpennys, there is no other jc pennies around ...build it already and build a small add on to jcpennies to put clints cajun in there ( I just had to say it )
    Clint is doing cajun catering now. Has a real catchy name. Only place to eat cajun in Yukon is The Big Easy on 66 and Ranchwood on the north side of street.

I have ate at the big easy, and the food was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyboy75 View Post
    I have ate at the big easy, and the food was very good.
    We've had their steak, fried catfish, blackened catfish, blackened shrimp and seafood pasta and all of it was very good. They have an excellent bread pudding! That is a must try.

I'm more of a Taco Bell kinda guy. We need a new one!! Ok, we have a new Pizza Hut, KFC, and Long Johns/A&W. Taco Bell needs to be next!

We drove through last night just to see what's going on. It looks like there's a Tires Plus going in. There are still no signs up in the strip next to the movies. There is something being built onto the side of Target. There is also a long concrete slab out to the side. I wonder if this shopping center will look a lot like Rockwell Plaza. The Target there has shops connected to it with Petsmart at the end. 10th St west of Garth Brooks has been widened from the stop light to a little past the Target entrance. It looks like they are widening Garth Brooks. Hopefully they are planning on putting the much needed left hand turn lanes going into West End Pointe Dr.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChris7 View Post
    It looks like they are widening Garth Brooks. Hopefully they are planning on putting the much needed left hand turn lanes going into West End Pointe Dr.!!!
    I sure hope that is what they are going to do.

I asked a manager and customer service employee what they thought about Target and Penny's coming in and they said it was exciting because it will bring in more customers to the area. She also said they may take some business initially, but more people in town = more customers.
    I guess they didn't feel threatened at all, but I'm curious what they think now.

my wife and I will be trying that big easy once we get free time together, can anyone tell me, is the big easy kid friendly, I havea two year old and 3 1/2 year old.

my wife and I will be trying that big easy once we get free time together, can anyone tell me, is the big easy kid friendly, I havea two year old and 3 1/2 year old.
    What's the big easy?

it's a canjun cafe at ranchwood and main in yukon. get it, the big easy....new orleans?

it's a canjun cafe at ranchwood and main in yukon. get it, the big easy....new orleans?
    Sorry! I knew that, it just didn't click when I read that.

It's very kid friendly. A friend went there Tuesday to eat and said there was a sign saying they were closed for vacation until July 8.

Mexican food place recommendation in Mustang - Fuente Grande. The food itself is pretty average, but they have the BEST margaritas! I'm also bummed that Clint's is closed, but I will definitely try The Big Easy! Thanks for the tip!

Fuente Grande.
    food is pretty good, but i do not drink alcohol. los valcaros (sp?) has the best food, but i never eat there since they think Americans do not appreciate the immigrant worker, and that they support illegal immigration. i like Alfredo's and las fajita's in yukon. has anybody tried the mexican place in dowtown yukon?

food is pretty good, but i do not drink alcohol. los valcaros (sp?) has the best food, but i never eat there since they think Americans do not appreciate the immigrant worker, and that they support illegal immigration. i like Alfredo's and las fajita's in yukon. has anybody tried the mexican place in dowtown yukon?
    Juanes? by the bowling alley? That place is disgusting. I don't like mexican food, but I am usually able to eat a quesadilla or enchilada. Their queso came straight of the can with extra added water and I must say that I enjoyed the restaurant better when it was "Golden Corral"

Thread Information